Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.I.P NOG

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
R.I.P NOG
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Re: R.I.P NOG
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:26 pm
  • That is sad to hear. Far, far too young. I remember when DS9 first started I initially found it difficult to get into, and it was Quark and Odo who I first began to really like as characters.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: R.I.P NOG
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:03 pm
  • Nog was a refreshing take on the Ferengi, and also delved into the effects of PTSD in later seasons in an accessible and considerate way, almost prophetically, as the series ended just a couple years before 9/11. RIP, Mr. Eisenberg, you did Star Trek proud.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7054
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: R.I.P NOG
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:10 am
  • Maulbert, do you mean Nog had PTSD in later series of DS9? I don't think I saw any of the last couple of seasons at all, and I only saw half of Next Generation. I was in a very poor mental health place in the mid-90s, and my attention span was shockingly bad. Big gaps in memories; probably selectively merciful!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


Re: R.I.P NOG
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:47 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Maulbert, do you mean Nog had PTSD in later series of DS9? I don't think I saw any of the last couple of seasons at all, and I only saw half of Next Generation. I was in a very poor mental health place in the mid-90s, and my attention span was shockingly bad. Big gaps in memories; probably selectively merciful!


    Nog went into star Fleet and became an ensign. He went to AR 558 and got injured and then had a recovery issue in the last 2 seasons. They put him in with a hologram named Vic Fontaine and they became friends and it got really deep end stuff then. I liked the way they did this in the program with only one flaw. It became a drama with continuations like a soap opera. The last 2 seasons were basically a soap opera with a smattering of off the wall stuff in a few episodes.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9615
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: R.I.P NOG
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:12 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:Maulbert, do you mean Nog had PTSD in later series of DS9? I don't think I saw any of the last couple of seasons at all, and I only saw half of Next Generation. I was in a very poor mental health place in the mid-90s, and my attention span was shockingly bad. Big gaps in memories; probably selectively merciful!


    Nog went into star Fleet and became an ensign. He went to AR 558 and got injured and then had a recovery issue in the last 2 seasons. They put him in with a hologram named Vic Fontaine and they became friends and it got really deep end stuff then. I liked the way they did this in the program with only one flaw. It became a drama with continuations like a soap opera. The last 2 seasons were basically a soap opera with a smattering of off the wall stuff in a few episodes.


    I don't feel it was cheap drama like a soap opera, however, the storyline was definitely far heavier on continuity than any Star Trek series has ever been (at least what I've seen- I refuse to pay for CBS All Access, so I haven't seen Discovery yet).
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7054
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: R.I.P NOG
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:52 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Aussie Seahawk wrote:Maulbert, do you mean Nog had PTSD in later series of DS9? I don't think I saw any of the last couple of seasons at all, and I only saw half of Next Generation. I was in a very poor mental health place in the mid-90s, and my attention span was shockingly bad. Big gaps in memories; probably selectively merciful!


    Nog went into star Fleet and became an ensign. He went to AR 558 and got injured and then had a recovery issue in the last 2 seasons. They put him in with a hologram named Vic Fontaine and they became friends and it got really deep end stuff then. I liked the way they did this in the program with only one flaw. It became a drama with continuations like a soap opera. The last 2 seasons were basically a soap opera with a smattering of off the wall stuff in a few episodes.


    I don't feel it was cheap drama like a soap opera, however, the storyline was definitely far heavier on continuity than any Star Trek series has ever been (at least what I've seen- I refuse to pay for CBS All Access, so I haven't seen Discovery yet).


    I shall agree. And agree about Cbs all access. I dont plan on watching it or the New series Picard.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9615
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.




It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests