Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The fourth un-marketed Boss ford motor.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The fourth un-marketed Boss ford motor.
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:20 am
  • The first three Boss engines where the 429, 302 and the 351 Cleveland. But the fourth was un-marketed as a Boss engine, it was because of Hurricane katrina that the 6.2 was never marketed as a Hurricane, it was dropped due to the name change in 2005 then reinstated in 2006 as a boss engine, but never marketed as such.

The 6.2 liter 379 c.I.d. Engine is a sohc with roller rocker aluminum heads and pistons. The crankshaft has 4bolt main caps with two vertical bolts and two horizontal bolts which go thur the side of the block for great stability at high rpms. Each cylinder has two spark plugs and is a flex fuel engine. Which means you can run E 85 107 octane fuel. With E 85 its told that the 6.2 is capable of turning 7000 rpms at better then 500 H.P. But ford has it listed at a moderate 385 H.P and 405 foot lbs of torque.

For a full sized truck its got a lot of getty up to it. Mine is four years old and I'm trying to keep the mile low on it, just 20,000 miles to date. I love my Ford. ;)

I just ordered some new badges for mine, two SOHC and two Super duty with the " Boss" logos. Its a XL with chrome bumpers and the black grill. Oxford white.

Next: ford f 250 rocker panal strips, not real sure about those.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information