Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Camino

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
El Camino
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:17 pm
  • Just watched it..I enjoyed it. Anyone else watch it yet?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: El Camino
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:35 pm
  • I just finished it. I thought it was pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but very solid. It was almost sad/nostalgic at the end; this is the last we'll ever see from the Breaking Bad universe. :(
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35 am

LOS ANGELES -
    Robert Forster, who was nominated for an Oscar in "Jackie Brown" and most recently played a key role in "El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie," died Friday in his home in Los Angeles.

Forster appeared in over 100 films including Disney's "The Black Hole," "Jackie Brown," "Me, Myself & Irene," and "The Delta Force."

He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a compassionate bail bondsman, Max Cherry, in Quentin Tarantino's 1997 crime film "Jackie Brown." According to Variety, Tarantino had Forster in mind when creating the role.

His death occurred on the same day as the premiere of "El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie," his most recent film.

Forester died after battling brain cancer, his publicist told The Hollywood Reporter.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 am
  • ^ just saw that....they could of done a spin off on his character..
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 am
  • Damn. That's unfortunate.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Damn. That's unfortunate.

Was terrific as sheriff Harry Truman's brother in Twin Peaks.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:04 am
  • Started not finished yet..I wanted Walt in this.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Started not finished yet..I wanted Walt in this.

Finish it. ;)
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:23 am
  • I really enjoyed it.
    Between the deadwood movie and this it's been a good few months for old favorites

I'm hoping Oz will follow suit.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 am
  • I thoroughly enjoyed El Camino.

Not to give away spoilers, but it hit on all the right Gilligan/BB notes, gave us some nostalgic flashback scenes that worked with the movie's story, and also gave us a satisfying emotional ending.

9/10 for me b!@ch
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:13 pm
  • It was alright. I didn't really understand why they wanted so much movie time showing Jesse's time in captivity with Tod when we already know what happe s with that situation.

*spoilers*
    I also didn't understand why Jesse felt the need to run away from everything. He was coerced into cooking meth. He was put in captivity and had his loved ones lived threatened if he didn't cook. No jury would convict that. Was there somebody else he was worried about?

I also thought the climax was pretty lame. A wild west draw between Jesse and some welder guy for $1800? It was so anti climactic that when the credits started to roll I was like "wait, that's the end?". Very odd.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:22 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    *spoilers*
    I also didn't understand why Jesse felt the need to run away from everything. He was coerced into cooking meth. He was put in captivity and had his loved ones lived threatened if he didn't cook. No jury would convict that. Was there somebody else he was worried about? .

Probably because it makes for a better story than turning yourself in and sitting in jail for a year awaiting a long drawn out boring trial.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    *spoilers*
    I also didn't understand why Jesse felt the need to run away from everything. He was coerced into cooking meth. He was put in captivity and had his loved ones lived threatened if he didn't cook. No jury would convict that. Was there somebody else he was worried about? .

Probably because it makes for a better story than turning yourself in and sitting in jail for a year awaiting a long drawn out boring trial.

I guess. But why did a story even need to be made at all? If one did need to be made, make one after the trial is over.

I dont mean to rain on everyone's parade, but I was a bit disappointed with it. It was enjoyable enough and Vince gilligan's directing is always top notch. But nothing great.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    *spoilers*

I guess. But why did a story even need to be made at all? If one did need to be made, make one after the trial is over.

I dont mean to rain on everyone's parade, but I was a bit disappointed with it. It was enjoyable enough and Vince gilligan's directing is always top notch. But nothing great.

He was the known #2 to the biggest biggest drug dealer in the country. One who's reign lead to the murder of police and federal agents. He wasnt going to get probation.
    pehawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:54 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:
    *spoilers*

It got made cause Netflix backed up a Brinks truck to Vince Gilligan's house.

IMO Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show in the history of television, so I'd be happy watching two hours of Badger and Skinny Pete play ping pong and trade one liners..........so maybe I'm in the minority but I loved El Camino.

If for only the chance to see some nostalgic emotional scenes between Jesse and most of the iconic characters of the show, that was enough for me. The rest was just gravy.

Did El Camino need to be made? Of course not. But I'm glad it was, if not to get a chance to re-visit with my favorite characters of all time.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm
  • I really enjoyed it. I see a lot of people saying it was either unnecessary or mediocre. IMO, it felt like most every Breaking Bad episode, so I'm surprised if people were disappointed with the quality of the episode. As for it being unnecessary, it felt like an additional episode to the finale. It gave closure to the story of Jesse. While it was a bit slow in pace, it kept you intrigued, like most of their episodes. It felt like a really long episode, rather than a movie, which I think I prefer. I'm glad they didn't go for any shock value, and the flashbacks were nice as it was great to see some old characters. Probably the best series I've ever seen, and this reminded me of just how great it was.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:21 pm
  • I think my issue was that I was thinking "okay this is a movie, not a TV show. So it's going to be more like a movie than TV"

But it was like a 2 hour long episode of Breaking Bad. Which makes sense.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I think my issue was that I was thinking "okay this is a movie, not a TV show. So it's going to be more like a movie than TV"

But it was like a 2 hour long episode of Breaking Bad. Which makes sense.

That's a fair criticism, other than the big warehouse explosion there really wasn't any movie level production in El Camino.

But isn't that what we love about BB? The intimate tense dialogue, cold opens, long shot scenes of the slow build up to that violence? There was never any need to splash in a bunch of CGI or over produced violence.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:55 am
  • I was hoping it would be exactly like a Michael Bay movie.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information