Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Gahan Wilson...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
RIP Gahan Wilson...
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:06 pm
  • https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/arts ... -dead.html

Gahan Wilson, Vividly Macabre Cartoonist, Dies at 89

His work — seen in National Lampoon, Playboy, The New Yorker and other magazines — was full of visual surprises and black humor.

Gahan Wilson, whose outlandish, often ghoulish cartoons added a bizarrely humorous touch to Playboy, The New Yorker, National Lampoon and other publications in the era when magazines propelled the cultural conversation, died on Thursday in Scottsdale, Ariz. He was 89.

His stepson Paul Winters said the cause was complications of dementia, which Mr. Wilson had been dealing with for years.

Mr. Wilson was known for visual surprises and black humor. A steward tells a couple on a cruise ship, “I’ve passed your complaints along to the captain” while, in the background, the captain — a violent-looking pirate — approaches. A man in a doctor’s office is reading an eye chart that says, in letters of diminishing size, “I am an insane eye doctor and I am going to kill you now,” while behind him a crazed doctor prepares to attack him with a knife.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: RIP Gahan Wilson...
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 am
  • My fave was one where a guy is saying to someone else "Man, I had to $h!t something awful!" while behind him and down the hallway a truly evil-looking creature is emerging from the bathroom.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:My fave was one where a guy is saying to someone else "Man, I had to $h!t something awful!" while behind him and down the hallway a truly evil-looking creature is emerging from the bathroom.

I've had a few of those nights!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:My fave was one where a guy is saying to someone else "Man, I had to $h!t something awful!" while behind him and down the hallway a truly evil-looking creature is emerging from the bathroom.

I've had a few of those nights!

:lol: :lol:
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:30 pm
  • I totally appreciate his twisted humor.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information