Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Game Pass free trial question (urgent!)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Sorry if this is not the most appropriate forum for this question, but I'm very upset.

    The games I recorded on my Foxtel iQ3 satellite box earlier today did not work; *somehow* the box "forgot" all about recording them, including the Seahawks/Rams game, but also the 49ers/Saints and Chiefs/Pats games. I so much wanted to watch all 3; of course especially our game and the 49ers. I do NOT know the scores, and don't want to know them!

    There's no replays, and I can't get Sports channels on demand - they are live only.

    I don't want to pay A$90 (about US$65) for NFL Game Pass, but I do know there's a 7 day free trial option. However, if you don't cancel within 7 days, they automatically bill you (they want VISA card details upfront, when you try the free trial). Does anyone know if the cancellation process is easy and reliably instant, or do you have to submit a request form (or something)?

    Of course I won't be visiting any other forums here while I hope to watch the games without knowing any scores, etc (or even check my email!)... I'd get them watched within 24 hours or so.

    Thanks - I am also going to have to try to figure out why the recording schedule got cancelled, so it doesn't happen again. It is a new box which I'm not completely familiar with yet. I "series link" NFL games on ESPN, and have not had this happen before.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • It was annoying to cancel last time I did it, but that was like five years ago, now. I had to submit a support ticket, but they quickly cancelled it. If you can't find how to easily cancel it after you sign up for the trial, just submit a ticket like two days later, you'll have plenty of time to get it squared away.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31786
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • Thanks Roland! I think I'm convinced... see y'all when I've watched the three games! :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • I don’t recall it being a hassle, and one time when I forgot that the start date for school and needed the money to buy a text book, I called the customer service line, explained that I meant to cancel but forgot and that I couldn’t get my text books in time, and they refunded me within a few days.

    But that wasn’t the trial. That was after a year of service and an auto renewal.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


  • 5-G-R, well, I sure stuffed it all up. I got charged immediately for some reason, and got no mention of getting a free trial. I've submitted a cancellation request on their website, but it did not even appear to definitely send to them (there was no "message sent" indication, or a "we'll get back to you" auto-reply email. I saw a postal address, but no phone number... and the address was in Torino/ Turin, Italy!

    It clearly states in their terms and conditions I have 14 days to cancel, even if it is because I changed my mind, so I hope I can get hold of them. I don't want to pay for only 3 weeks left in the season (we get all playoff games on free-to-air, which I'd record to DVR/DVD, and Foxtel satellite, as long as the Fox box behaves!)

    I watched the KC/NE and SF/NO condensed games (takes just 40 minutes to watch a game) which was very neat. Two wonderful games, too!

    Oh, I also watched the miserable Seahawks/Rams game...

    Anyway, even my chosen Username did not match(!), but it was another Username I sometimes use... I've got an awful feeling I may have had a free trial before, on the same VISA card (which I've had for ages), and totally forgot I ever had. I can't think of any other reason I got no free trial this time, and was charged immediately.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:5-G-R, well, I sure stuffed it all up. I got charged immediately for some reason, and got no mention of getting a free trial. I've submitted a cancellation request on their website, but it did not even appear to definitely send to them (there was no "message sent" indication, or a "we'll get back to you" auto-reply email. I saw a postal address, but no phone number... and the address was in Torino/ Turin, Italy!

    It clearly states in their terms and conditions I have 14 days to cancel, even if it is because I changed my mind, so I hope I can get hold of them. I don't want to pay for only 3 weeks left in the season (we get all playoff games on free-to-air, which I'd record to DVR/DVD, and Foxtel satellite, as long as the Fox box behaves!)

    I watched the KC/NE and SF/NO condensed games (takes just 40 minutes to watch a game) which was very neat. Two wonderful games, too!

    Oh, I also watched the miserable Seahawks/Rams game...

    Anyway, even my chosen Username did not match(!), but it was another Username I sometimes use... I've got an awful feeling I may have had a free trial before, on the same VISA card (which I've had for ages), and totally forgot I ever had. I can't think of any other reason I got no free trial this time, and was charged immediately.

    Yeah that's probably it. But you shouldn't have a lot of trouble canceling and getting a refund. I didn't. I've cancelled twice with them on two different cards.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


  • Make a separate free Gmail account and just use a different card, should have no trouble activating a trial with that in the future.

    Regarding your remarks about the game...yeah, watching that gave me eye cancer.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31786
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Make a separate free Gmail account and just use a different card, should have no trouble activating a trial with that in the future.
    Regarding your remarks about the game...yeah, watching that gave me eye cancer.


    It was very disappointing, indeed.

    I double-wish I'd never attempted to get a free trial on Game Pass though. The charge went through today (previously listed as "pending" on my Internet banking site) for the Pro Package. I don't have any other credit cards, but I'll not be going near Game Pass again, once I hopefully get my refund eventually, IF I can ever get through to Game Pass at all.

    To cut it short, the fields/buttons I'm supposed to see, to cancel the subscription, don't seem to be visible to me... and neither was any suggestion of a free trial (unless I did something wrong, or it's my conflicting Usernames). They don't answer messages from their "contact" page (there is no confirmation they even got sent). I tried an International phone number to call from overseas to US, which was unavailable.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Yeah that's probably it. But you shouldn't have a lot of trouble canceling and getting a refund. I didn't. I've cancelled twice with them on two different cards.


    There was also a local within-US only number to call them, maybe it is the number you successfully called? I can't freaking find it again, and I guess you don't still have it listed!

    I've just realised the number I called from Oz: 1 (904) 685 7844 is listed as being an NFL shop in Jacksonville Beach, FL - I'm bloody baffled.

    And, the damn Game Pass thing rolls over automatically late July every year, too! I could not even be sure I could cancel then, if I just give up and wear it, and binge for the rest of the season, but I don't want to do that.

    I NEVER thought it would be so infuriatingly and ///stressfully/// hard to contact the NFL distribution/marketing, even if it is to cancel. It "seems" I'm being punished for the alleged crime of ripping off the NFL for a cynical 7 day Free Trial request, which is precisely what I did really, I guess.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Yeah that's probably it. But you shouldn't have a lot of trouble canceling and getting a refund. I didn't. I've cancelled twice with them on two different cards.


    There was also a local within-US only number to call them, maybe it is the number you successfully called? I can't freaking find it again, and I guess you don't still have it listed!

    I've just realised the number I called from Oz: 1 (904) 685 7844 is listed as being an NFL shop in Jacksonville Beach, FL - I'm bloody baffled.

    And, the damn Game Pass thing rolls over automatically late July every year, too! I could not even be sure I could cancel then, if I just give up and wear it, and binge for the rest of the season, but I don't want to do that.

    I NEVER thought it would be so infuriatingly and ///stressfully/// hard to contact the NFL distribution/marketing, even if it is to cancel. It "seems" I'm being punished for the alleged crime of ripping off the NFL for a cynical 7 day Free Trial request, which is precisely what I did really, I guess.

    Lol. It's probably the fault of people like me who just buy a prepaid debit card every year and create a fake email to use the free trail during the preseason and then cancel before the charge.

    I also do this for streaming services. I am scum.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:I also do this for streaming services. I am scum.

    Do you live in a trailer park? Just curious. It wouldn't surprise me.

    Anyways...Aussie, it looks like you might be screwed. The international version of the Game Pass cancellation page says: https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-g ... ree-trial-

    "Please note that the Free Trial offer is only valid once, and signing up for a second Free Trial will trigger a charge for the full Pro Plan annual fee for your region. You will not be eligible for a refund if you change your mind."

    You can blame 5_Rusty_Rings, maybe he'll pay your subscription for you.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31786
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:I also do this for streaming services. I am scum.

    Do you live in a trailer park? Just curious. It wouldn't surprise me.


    No, actually I am exaggerating. I used to do that, back when I was in college. Now the necessary work to scam various streaming services isn't worth the money.

    RolandDeschain wrote:Anyways...Aussie, it looks like you might be screwed. The international version of the Game Pass cancellation page says: https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-g ... ree-trial-

    "Please note that the Free Trial offer is only valid once, and signing up for a second Free Trial will trigger a charge for the full Pro Plan annual fee for your region. You will not be eligible for a refund if you change your mind."

    You can blame 5_Rusty_Rings, maybe he'll pay your subscription for you.

    I'm sure he can b!@ch and moan his way to a refund. Make up some ridiculous excuse.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2199
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 am


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Anyways...Aussie, it looks like you might be screwed. The international version of the Game Pass cancellation page says: https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-g ... ree-trial-

    "Please note that the Free Trial offer is only valid once, and signing up for a second Free Trial will trigger a charge for the full Pro Plan annual fee for your region. You will not be eligible for a refund if you change your mind."


    Roland, I saw this (thank you); it seems I must have applied for a free trial previously, at some stage - but I just don't remember ever watching the interface on my computer before. But, if I had a memory blackout (it happens) I've only got myself to blame, and it seems I have to wear it.

    There was simply NO mention of a Free Trial when I joined up, even though it was what I was after. I guess I deserve NO sympathy, being ignorant (and maybe a parasite), but it hurrrrrts to feel SO stupid.

    BUT (now I'm hopefully being simply paranoid, as well as before-proven stupid) - how do I know if I can cancel it even when the freaking auto-renewal for NEXT season turns over, about end July 2020? Am I going to pay this... forever?

    Should I (nearer the time) cancel my credit card, which surely would stop any possible NFL renewal?

    Sorry, I'm depressive (and very medicated for such), but this has just ignited the I AM STUPID lights. I now have to tell my wife (who is not computer literate, but is so far blessedly forgiving)... "I've wasted A$99 on the Internet"... she won't understand, and I will never be able to explain it, because I don't understand.

    I wish I could call the USA-only number I saw (and now can't find again) to NFL Game Pass, but of course I can't do it from Australia, to beg them for mercy for a refund, but it probably would not do any good, anyway.

    So, I have to spend $99-worth in three weeks (playoffs are guaranteed to be on TV here, as long as I *record* them OK) to use a bit of the money in watching a pile of condensed games. I don't suppose I can even transfer my Username and password to someone else here, to watch it all? Does anyone know? Once the season ends, I'm not going to watch replays, so the Game Pass is just wasted.

    Would it work if I simply give all my details to someone else, maybe, so it isn't totally wasted? I feel so totally and miserably guilty of not-understanding things I should have left alone, because I was already obsessing why my Fox box didn't record any of last week's games.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1230
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia




It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests