Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minus a car how easy / cheap is Vancouver to Seattle?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Well I've just started working for an American healthcare company and my section has its base in Vancouver BC with me based at the London UK office.

Now it looks likely I may have to spend 2 - 3 weeks in Vancouver during Jan / Feb and that raises all manner of possibilities for weekend trips to the Emerald city. Bearing in mind I'd only be there for one night and reliant on public transport is it feasible and cost effective to travel back and forth?

Could it even be possible to get back for monday morning after a potential Sunday night game?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• About a 3 hr drive in a car from Seattle, you can grab a bus or take Amtrak up there I am sure in a reasonable time frame.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• You can get to Seattle and back on a Bolt Bus for less than $50 round trip, leaving Seattle as late as 6pm on a Sunday evening. Probably not late enough for an evening game (not sure how likely that's gonna be anyway) but I believe Amtrak has a train going up to BC closer to 9pm for probably around $50.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• As suggested, I'd look into buses/shuttles or taking the Amtrak to and from.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• You can get a hooker and blow for $300. That's incredible.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:You can get a hooker and blow for $300. That's incredible.

Finally some info that really helps.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:You can get a hooker and blow for $300. That's incredible.

Finally some info that really helps.

Visit East Hastings and you'll spend half that on a pair of hookers and some smack.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Just found out they start work at 7am. Who the heck does that?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• I think you're getting a lot of advice about getting to/from Vancouver WA (just north of Portland, and about 3 hours south of Seattle) instead of Vancouver BC, Canada (north of Seattle by nearly the same amount). Also, starting work WAY too early is a thing here on the Left Coast, since the East Coast runs 3 hours ahead of us.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I think you're getting a lot of advice about getting to/from Vancouver WA (just north of Portland, and about 3 hours south of Seattle) instead of Vancouver BC, Canada (north of Seattle by nearly the same amount). Also, starting work WAY too early is a thing here on the Left Coast, since the East Coast runs 3 hours ahead of us.

Which on has the cheaper hookers / blow?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• GeekHawk wrote:I think you're getting a lot of advice about getting to/from Vancouver WA (just north of Portland, and about 3 hours south of Seattle) instead of Vancouver BC, Canada (north of Seattle by nearly the same amount).

What? Why would you think that? I'm talking about BC.

Although FWIW everything I said could be applied to either Vancouver except the East Hastings bit.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:I think you're getting a lot of advice about getting to/from Vancouver WA (just north of Portland, and about 3 hours south of Seattle) instead of Vancouver BC, Canada (north of Seattle by nearly the same amount).

What? Why would you think that? I'm talking about BC.

Although FWIW everything I said could be applied to either Vancouver except the East Hastings bit.
    I don't know about that, just across the river and your in Portland and don't have sales tax :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Visit East Hastings and you'll spend half that on a pair of hookers and some smack.

Yes, we were in Vancouver in April, and had a fantastic lunch at a restaurant in Chinatown on East Pender St, near Main St. We then walked north on Main towards East Hastings St, en route for Gastown (which was lovely), and came across a concentration of homeless people and other people shooting up in alleys, etc. Sad to see, even though I had been told about it by a longtime Vancouver resident, but no-one bothered us at all - in fact we were totally ignored.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Visit East Hastings and you'll spend half that on a pair of hookers and some smack.

Yes, we were in Vancouver in April, and had a fantastic lunch at a restaurant in Chinatown on East Pender St, near Main St. We then walked north on Main towards East Hastings St, en route for Gastown (which was lovely), and came across a concentration of homeless people and other people shooting up in alleys, etc. Sad to see, even though I had been told about it by a longtime Vancouver resident, but no-one bothered us at all - in fact we were totally ignored.

Canadians really are the nicest people.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Trip cancelled, all to be done by webex.

Bastards
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Trip cancelled, all to be done by webex.

Bastards

Webex meetings are the worst. My condolences.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information