Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meat Loaf

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Meat Loaf
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Re: Meat Loaf
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:22 pm
  • I mean, he isn't all that far off about Greta, but the whole $ex god thing seems a bit much. :irishdrinkers:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:22 pm
  • He's whack. How in the hell has she been forced into her own thought process?

It's been proven the planet is going through climate change. Only people that can't understand science and factual data are fans of ignorance.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 pm
  • Not doubting climate change, it's obvious that it's happening. It's comical that Time made Great their Person of the year based off her climate protests, and cut down millions of trees to make that specific issue.

Genius!

In all honesty, I didnt even know Meat Loaf was still alive
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm
  • More like Meat Head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:51 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Not doubting climate change, it's obvious that it's happening. It's comical that Time made Great their Person of the year based off her climate protests, and cut down millions of trees to make that specific issue.

Genius!

Who is Your choice then?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:52 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Not doubting climate change, it's obvious that it's happening. It's comical that Time made Great their Person of the year based off her climate protests, and cut down millions of trees to make that specific issue.

Genius!

Who is Your choice then?

Let me first say, that it's absurd to choose anyone who "helps" the environment by cutting down trees to tell everyone about it. If someone was truly concerned about the environment they would request them to not print the issue.

Many people do a lot more for the environment than she has... Lets just take this couple for example..

Together, Sebastião and Lélia founded Instituto Terra, a small organization that has since planted 4 million saplings and has brought the forest back from the dead.

https://www.boredpanda.com/brazilian-co ... gn=organic

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:41 pm
  • Brainwashed not sure..trained actress very much so...how dare you!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Brainwashed not sure..trained actress very much so...how dare you!

:2thumbs:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:58 pm
  • Oh YEAH, some people get it, but make no mistake. This is a real problem and may your children not be the victims.

Guys like 206 want to paint a pretty picture but take a look at the ice melting in the artic, Greenland and all the places important to this planet. I'll be dead thank gawd when this planet can't sustain itself anymore while 206 will be trying to figure out how to feed his family.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:16 pm
  • I love Meat Loaf, but that's all about his music, lol. I'm not sure he's been the same person since that nasty fall and concussion in his kitchen like 5? 7? years ago.

As for climate change...that's a more complicated topic than most people are willing to admit to.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:20 pm
  • Meat Loaf and Greta are both people that nobody should really be paying attention to.

That's not to say we shouldn't be doing our part to help the environment, though.
    Last edited by fenderbender123 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:36 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Guys like 206 want to paint a pretty picture but take a look at the ice melting in the artic, Greenland and all the places important to this planet. I'll be dead thank gawd when this planet can't sustain itself anymore while 206 will be trying to figure out how to feed his family.

"Guys like 206" eh? :lol: So just because I dont agree with your OPINION, I'm wrong? Got it. You sound like you might be a Greta fan boy.

What's funny is you have never met me, know nothing about me, yet like to make assumptions. Since you have no idea what you are babbling about, let me give you a little background on me. My uncle ran a large organic farm while I was a kid, and after visiting him one summer as a form of punishment from my Mom I was hooked. I asked to go back each summer and help out and wanted to go to school to be a Botanist. He talked about climate change many years ago before the medias little puppet became famous.

That never panned out, but my interest in plants and growing my own food never went away. To this day I have a large fully organic garden I grow each year in my yard. I can my own veggies and salsa, give bags of produce to my neighbors/family, and donate quite a bit to the local food bank.

Pssssst I wont be trying to figure out how to feed my family, but guys like you might just end up pawning your prized wedding ring to me for a tomato or two when your starving.

2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:04 pm
  • Well done, 206
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:43 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Guys like 206 want to paint a pretty picture but take a look at the ice melting in the artic, Greenland and all the places important to this planet. I'll be dead thank gawd when this planet can't sustain itself anymore while 206 will be trying to figure out how to feed his family.

"Guys like 206" eh? :lol: So just because I dont agree with your OPINION, I'm wrong? Got it. You sound like you might be a Greta fan boy.

What's funny is you have never met me, know nothing about me, yet like to make assumptions. Since you have no idea what you are babbling about, let me give you a little background on me. My uncle ran a large organic farm while I was a kid, and after visiting him one summer as a form of punishment from my Mom I was hooked. I asked to go back each summer and help out and wanted to go to school to be a Botanist. He talked about climate change many years ago before the medias little puppet became famous.

That never panned out, but my interest in plants and growing my own food never went away. To this day I have a large fully organic garden I grow each year in my yard. I can my own veggies and salsa, give bags of produce to my neighbors/family, and donate quite a bit to the local food bank.

Pssssst I wont be trying to figure out how to feed my family, but guys like you might just end up pawning your prized wedding ring to me for a tomato or two when your starving.

Cool stuff, I can't grow weeds so there is that, but I will take my rifle and fishing pole and get my protein and trade it for your veggies :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 am
  • Meat Loaf got severely blasted for his awful performance at the 2011 Australian Football League Grand Final in Melbourne. He later claimed he had “bleeding vocal cords” but that he could not cancel due to insurance factors; I have no idea what is true, but many Australians think we should only have Australian acts performing at our major events anyway.

It is indeed ironic that Time magazine voting Greta Thunberg as Person of the Year caused many extra millions of magazines to be printed. It is also ironic that National Geographic (where I have been a member for almost 40 years) print millions of magazines every month, but of course have been at the absolute forefront of environmental concerns for many years – way before the climate change facts were truly globally known.

But I still very much admire Greta, and Sir David Attenborough… as I do your wonderful garden produce, 2_0_6, and the people who founded Instituto Terra… and all the people who make a difference.

Her voice can inspire and educate people to wake up! My own son, and my grandson, are completely hopeless when it comes to my recycling, reducing and reusing lectures. But I’m no saint – I drive a car, go on cruises, fly in planes, sit by my little chiminea fire in winter, and use my airconditioner (albeit efficient evaporative) during Adelaide’s increasingly uninhabitable summer heatwaves.

It makes me very angry (and Greta has been accused of being… “angry”) when some Australians simply say it does not matter what we do, because we "only" account for 1.3% of global greenhouse gas emissions. BUT, we are only 0.3% of the planet’s population! So, we’re up there with the worst polluters, per head. And then we lecture developing countries that they have to be more responsible, and don’t listen enough to low-lying oceanic neighbours who demand we do much more.

Please, this isn’t about politics, it’s about survival, let alone quality of life. Our stewardship of this planet IS hideous, and anyone who realises this, and tries to make a difference, can still try to educate those who don’t care or know.

One day, “Mother” Nature will kick down our doors, and we’ll have nowhere to go, and no-one to blame, and we’ll be responsible for the damage we’ve caused to so much life on earth.

The cockroaches, rats, crows and feral introduced species will be our only applause – and our successors. I'm being very unfair on all but the latter here, of course.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:22 am
  • There are guys like Boyan Slat that have created machines that are cleaning the ocean, and should be praised far more, but like her or not, Greta moves the needle. To have any hope of getting this done, we need citizens and politicians united to solve the problems, and therefore, activists are needed.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:16 am
  • Tical21 wrote:There are guys like Boyan Slat that have created machines that are cleaning the ocean, and should be praised far more, but like her or not, Greta moves the needle. To have any hope of getting this done, we need citizens and politicians united to solve the problems, and therefore, activists are needed.

You need citizens, politicians are just puppets of corporations now, until you ban lobbyists and corporate donations or severely limit them sponsoring a candidate there is no hope from politicians taking a stand, they will flip on an issue and change parties to stay in office if need be and follow the donations from corporations that they will support.

Mt companies look at the next quarter and give two squats about the planet and future as long as they get their Bonus and Stock options awarded. They don't even need to show profit anymore, just skew numbers with forecasts.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:40 am
  • This comes at a shock to no one who watched Meatloaf melt down on Celebrity Apprentice in 2011.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:44 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Guys like 206 want to paint a pretty picture but take a look at the ice melting in the artic, Greenland and all the places important to this planet. I'll be dead thank gawd when this planet can't sustain itself anymore while 206 will be trying to figure out how to feed his family.

You forgot the weed pix. Please post
    :pimp:
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:There are guys like Boyan Slat that have created machines that are cleaning the ocean, and should be praised far more, but like her or not, Greta moves the needle. To have any hope of getting this done, we need citizens and politicians united to solve the problems, and therefore, activists are needed.

You need citizens, politicians are just puppets of corporations now, until you ban lobbyists and corporate donations or severely limit them sponsoring a candidate there is no hope from politicians taking a stand, they will flip on an issue and change parties to stay in office if need be and follow the donations from corporations that they will support.

Mt companies look at the next quarter and give two squats about the planet and future as long as they get their Bonus and Stock options awarded. They don't even need to show profit anymore, just skew numbers with forecasts.

Absolutely, 100% spot on. Post of the week.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:34 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:

You forgot the weed pix. Please post
    :pimp:

Thats a different family member who resides on 100+ acres of beautiful Eastern Wa land with a large grow operation. I do benefit from his old dirt though. :drool:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:58 pm
  • I'm not a fan of anyone, but denying a changing world and our contributions to it is assinine.

Science and smart people have proven it. Yeah, stuff still grows, so?.....for how long?

Do you give a $h!t about the future or is it all about the now?

"Pssssst I wont be trying to figure out how to feed my family, but guys like you might just end up pawning your prized wedding ring to me for a tomato or two when your starving."

Pretty classy...Thanks for exposing yourself.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:03 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I'm not a fan of anyone, but denying a changing world and our contributions to it is assinine.

Science and smart people have proven it. Yeah, stuff still grows, so?.....for how long?

Do you give a $h!t about the future or is it all about the now?

The only person I have seen saying anything in regards to denying climate change in this entire thread is.....YOU.

I haven't seen one person say they could give a $hit about the future except...YOU.

Sounds like it might be some time for some self reflection.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:38 pm
  • So?

Blow a friggin gasket dude....You are so funny. Also really sensitive. Relax maybe?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:So?

Blow a friggin gasket dude....You are so funny. Also really sensitive. Relax maybe?

Take heed to your own advice on this one Bub. There is nothing you mentioned in this thread or any others that have me all wound up. it's the internet, and a football fan forum. It takes much more than a few comments from someone like you to get me wound up. Happy Friday.

:2thumbs:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:57 pm
  • 2_0_6 wrote:I mean, he isn't all that far off about Greta, but the whole $ex god thing seems a bit much. :irishdrinkers:

He’s dead on about Greta, just look at her parents and handler’s, tells you everything you need to know.

If you’ve ever known someone with Aspergers type autism you’d understand they have limited filters, take things very literally, and tend to hyper focus.

Of course climate change is real. It’s never been static and obviously a large component (mankind) will have an impact on it. The apocalyptic version gives miserable people a righteous cause to be miserable about. Doomsday cults are a reflection of the underbelly of human nature.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:20 pm
  • The biggest problem with climate change is that both sides espouse a lot of total BS with limited amounts of hard truth.

Look at the plastic bag ban. Let's go back to using paper...rather than what's ACTUALLY best for the environment, which is biodegradable plastic.

Since it's just a tax money grab to begin with, they could have at LEAST had their decision coincide with something actually better for the environment; but nooooooo. Let's use paper bags that get soggy AF if they even get a drop of water on them, and which you can't fit into little waste bins around your home.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:30 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The biggest problem with climate change is that both sides espouse a lot of total BS with limited amounts of hard truth..

The hard truth is no matter what side of the aisle you stand on, we all should be as responsible as we can when it comes to the planet.

Whether the earth's warming, whether it's not, whether we're causing it, whether it's a natural cycle. Does it matter? Shouldn't we be pushing, researching, implementing and incentivizing as much clean energy ideas as possible........and yes, within reason.

Scrapping all oil, coal, whatever is not within reason. I get that, but to roll back and kill off any and all clean energy bills and research is BS to me as well.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:10 pm
  • Just wait until you get a carbon tax....complete money grab.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:09 pm

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:23 pm
  • That's a very valid point, Montana. A damn shame that it's a very common scenario. The media sucks.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:01 am
  • Montana, indeed very valid points you raise. I've never heard of Boyan Slat, I'm rather ashamed to say. I will look into his work - and it has just occurred to me, neither he or Greta have ever been mentioned in National Geographic magazine, AFAIK, and I read each issue cover-to-cover.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:59 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Image

Instead of worrying about plastic, invent a replacement then we will be impressed. It's a valient effort to clean $h!t up but is hardly a solution.....Cleaning up plastic is doing exactly what? Becoming the wolds janitor. ?

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop ... d-n1111436
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:01 pm
  • Dont worry about plastic? Um, ok. Inventing a new biodegradable plastic is a great idea but what does it exactly do for the plastic that is currently in oceans, rivers, lakes and streams all over the world? Not a damn thing. I'm all for curbing future plastic use, but the amount that is currently out there now is unreal.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:47 pm
  • Do you use plastic every day? Do you discard said plastic?. Almost everyone does. And they don't give it a second thought. As long as plastic is part of everyday life you will see it everywhere.

Quit b!@ch about it and do something. Quit using it. Invent a replacement.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:47 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Do you use plastic every day? Do you discard said plastic?. Almost everyone does. And they don't give it a second thought. As long as plastic is part of everyday life you will see it everywhere.

They already have it Paper and Cardboard, we send it all to China or did for them to recycle along with Plastics, just need to up the usage of recycled products from biodegradable paper products.

Maybe use discarded Marijuana stalks for this also, it is now an industry and that product could be used in a replacement to trees.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Instead of worrying about plastic, invent a replacement then we will be impressed. It's a valient effort to clean $h!t up but is hardly a solution.....Cleaning up plastic is doing exactly what? Becoming the wolds janitor. ?

If you had actually cared to research the topic, you'd know the problem has already been solved. Biodegradable plastic exists. You can buy biodegradable plastic straws on Amazon.

This is partially how you can tell the left is full of crap about the plastic bag ban...they're forcing paper. It's a tax grab. If they actually gave even one tiny percentage point of a $hit about the environment, they'd have pushed for biodegradable plastic bags instead of recycled paper.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:41 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Instead of worrying about plastic, invent a replacement then we will be impressed. It's a valient effort to clean $h!t up but is hardly a solution.....Cleaning up plastic is doing exactly what? Becoming the wolds janitor. ?

If you had actually cared to research the topic, you'd know the problem has already been solved. Biodegradable plastic exists. You can buy biodegradable plastic straws on Amazon.

This is partially how you can tell the left is full of crap about the plastic bag ban...they're forcing paper. It's a tax grab. If they actually gave even one tiny percentage point of a $hit about the environment, they'd have pushed for biodegradable plastic bags instead of recycled paper.

Well I have had those Bio Straws in an Expresso and they can't take heat, they collapse and that's at what 135 degrees. They would need a hardener that works better. This technology is still pretty new so there is room to grow.

Hemp could also be an alternative for a lot of stuff as far as bags go.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well I have had those Bio Straws in an Expresso and they can't take heat, they collapse and that's at what 135 degrees. They would need a hardener that works better. This technology is still pretty new so there is room to grow.

Hemp could also be an alternative for a lot of stuff as far as bags go.

There are several different kinds of biodegradable plastic straws available. I haven't tried any in hot liquids yet since I don't drink coffee, and the only hot liquid I do drink is cafe Cubano, which is just the size of a shot that you toss back anyways, lol. As you said though, early days.

Paper/wood-based straws are freaking terrible, though. Whenever that's the only option, I take three because the end turns into wet mush in a mere few minutes. What a crock of ****.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:30 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Do you use plastic every day? Do you discard said plastic?. Almost everyone does. And they don't give it a second thought. As long as plastic is part of everyday life you will see it everywhere.

Someone needs a snickers
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:48 pm
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:57 pm
  • Greta is a phony.

#greatfanboy :D
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:08 pm
  • Meat loafs opinion is about as smart as this.

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:59 am
  • Yuck! A Food Crime, to be sure.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information