Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My latest hobby - AIRGUN mania!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:46 pm
  • It started when I got to fire my first breakbarrel a couple of years ago. I had no idea airguns powerful enough to hunt with actually existed. sure I'd played with BB guns and pellet pistols, and I was aware of PCP rifles, but saw it as some mystery realm of out ofreach $1000+ miracle guns I'd never be able to afford. The rifle i got to shoot was just a .177 but a high end 1000FPS+ hunting rifle.

Fast forward to just before Viralpocalypse struck, and consider that though it was class C (literally writing just over $500 in bad checks in my 20s), I am a felon, eligeable for rights restoration shoud I wish to pay the court costs to do so, but I've never really cared that much, or felt it was a necessary expense. Anyway i found a Hatsan Airtact .25 (24FPE at muzzle) breakbarrel air rifle and bought it. It's a fun gun andhas some serious power behind it. Cost me $119 and tax at Big5 locally just after xmas.

My love of airguns has developed as has my skill, I can hit a soupcan at 50 yards, and it goes right through, so enter the stimulus, and my eyes are filled with airgun shopping carts!

I since bought a Crosman Vigilante pellet revolver, just fo plinking with for fun. Despite .25 pellet being far cheaper than 22 rimfires, .177s and some co2 powerlets are cheaper still for target practice anyway.

I got big plans for 2/3rs to 3/4s of my stimulus cash; maybe some others into the hobby hve some advice on which way to go.

Right now I have a cart at Crosman, including a discount code: I can get, for under 800, with the provided discount code:

Benjamin Fortitude .22, 10 shot repeater (synthetic stock), with 3-9x Centerpoint variable scope and 5 year warranty, and a sling for it

A hand pump (yes it is too much, but one stop shpping and support is a consideration)

A 1077 repeat Air rifle with extra magazine (including a clip of course) and 4 extra clips, and a laser/flashlight to mount on it. (This is out of stock universally just about except inflated examples on Amazon.)

An "Iceman" 8 shot .177 co2 pellet pistol

A "must have" on my collection list, a 2240 co2 pistol .22 with a shoulder stock, steel breech kit, and pistol scope, and the proper rear mim sight for the steel breech (plan to maybe put a 14" barrel on later too)

A couple of boxes of 25 co2 powerlets (they're out of 40 count boxes)

4x extra mags for my existing Vigilante revolver .177 (no more reloading pellets before the co2 has run out, and they are out of stock of these everywhere but through Crosman)

A shoulder holster

A standard holster

1250 rounds of .177 ammo and 1000 of .22 (though admittedly just round head 10.5, and 14.3 grain repectively, so basic target stuff, basic ammo only, nothing exciting.)

That's a LOT of value and a LOT of airguns for under $800 before tax, and I have good experience with Crosman, like the full five year warrnty on the Benjamin rifle too. That rifleis known to be tuneable/customizeable too (after warranty periodof course)

OR....

For a little under $900 total, a bunch of exotic sexy ammo from Pyramid air, and a CZ P09 "Duty" co2 pellet plinker (with faux silencer and laser/flashlight weaver/picatinny mount) , a PCP hand pump, cases, holsters and accessories, and of course a decent 3-9x scope with laserred dod sight on it and plus the "main event gun", the really sexy airgun ofall the oesI am looking at, the "Chuck Conners/Rifleman" lever action Hatsan Vectis in .25 caliber:

So yeah,as far as guns i am in love with, the Hatsan has it, but the other order, is so much value, really leaning going Crosman/Benjamin. Any thoughts on it?
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Re: My latest hobby - AIRGUN mania!
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:46 pm
  • I'm so funny window shopping, changing my mind 100x times, but anyway I got a refurb deal on a different Hatsan gun and saved a few bucks, the AT44S-10 QES

Caliber .22" (5.5mm)
    Max Velocity 1120 fps
    Muzzle Energy 38 ft/lbs
    Loudness 2-Low-Medium
    Barrel Length 19.4"
    Overall Length 45.5"
    Shot Capacity 10
    Barrel Rifled
    Front Sight none
    Rear Sight none
    Scopeable Weaver & 11mm dovetails
    Trigger Two-stage adjustable
    Buttplate Adjustable
    Suggested for Small game hunting/plinking
    Safety Automatic
    Powerplant Pre-charged pneumatic
    Function Repeater
    Max Shots per Fill 40
    Body Type Rifle
    Fixed/adj. power Fixed
    Weight 9.7 lbs
    Shrouded Yes
    Upgrades QE version w/ open sight

All for about $500 including a pump, scope, and sling. I'm excited. I'm surprised no other airguners are members? :mrgreen:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:57 pm
  • Nice!

My Uncle lives in NE Washington and has high powered air rifle with a el cheapo night vision scope he uses to shoot rats in his barns. No idea on the make/model but all I do know is that thing packs a silent wallop. A few years ago I was over visiting him and we had a few cold pops and sat in the back of one of his trailers in his barn and shot the rats as they ran along the rafters and floor.

Crazy powerful
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 pm
  • Son was into Paint ball a while back, we still have about 5000 worth of fully auto guns sitting in a trunk. Turn up the pressure and those babies could take out a rat. Been hit a few times on open skin from a good distance and they leave a welt without the pressure cranked.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:I'm so funny window shopping, changing my mind 100x times, but anyway I got a refurb deal on a different Hatsan gun and saved a few bucks, the AT44S-10 QES

Caliber .22" (5.5mm)
    Max Velocity 1120 fps
    Muzzle Energy 38 ft/lbs
    Loudness 2-Low-Medium
    Barrel Length 19.4"
    Overall Length 45.5"
    Shot Capacity 10
    Barrel Rifled
    Front Sight none
    Rear Sight none
    Scopeable Weaver & 11mm dovetails
    Trigger Two-stage adjustable
    Buttplate Adjustable
    Suggested for Small game hunting/plinking
    Safety Automatic
    Powerplant Pre-charged pneumatic
    Function Repeater
    Max Shots per Fill 40
    Body Type Rifle
    Fixed/adj. power Fixed
    Weight 9.7 lbs
    Shrouded Yes
    Upgrades QE version w/ open sight

All for about $500 including a pump, scope, and sling. I'm excited. I'm surprised no other airguners are members? :mrgreen:

$500 for a bb/pellet gun?Wow..As a kid I had the daisy rifle and the grossman .45 both
    shot like crap aim wise.
    I can see spending more for better quality but I paid $400 for my Glock 9 so hard for
    me to understand an air gun being over that.
    It's a cool looking air gun though.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:10 pm
  • You’ll shoot your eye out.

:{)

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Son was into Paint ball a while back, we still have about 5000 worth of fully auto guns sitting in a trunk. Turn up the pressure and those babies could take out a rat. Been hit a few times on open skin from a good distance and they leave a welt without the pressure cranked.

Played paintball 25 years ago, when I had good eye sight, good knees and a good back and a ton more energy.
    Had 2 pistols and 1 crappy semi auto. I’d play against guys with semis and beat them more times than not with my long barreled pistol with a silencer.

I’m sure the O-rings need to be replaced as I haven’t shot them in 20 years.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:56 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Son was into Paint ball a while back, we still have about 5000 worth of fully auto guns sitting in a trunk. Turn up the pressure and those babies could take out a rat. Been hit a few times on open skin from a good distance and they leave a welt without the pressure cranked.

Played paintball 25 years ago, when I had good eye sight, good knees and a good back and a ton more energy.
    Had 2 pistols and 1 crappy semi auto. I’d play against guys with semis and beat them more times than not with my long barreled pistol with a silencer.

Yeah sure sign of ageing when you have loose O rings. :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:44 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Son was into Paint ball a while back, we still have about 5000 worth of fully auto guns sitting in a trunk. Turn up the pressure and those babies could take out a rat. Been hit a few times on open skin from a good distance and they leave a welt without the pressure cranked.

I played in the late 80's through around 95. Spray and Pray killed the game for me. When I started it was pump action guns and extremely large fields in the woods. When I quit it was who could put the most ammo through a semiauto on tiny fields with plywood for cover.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Nice!

My Uncle lives in NE Washington and has high powered air rifle with a el cheapo night vision scope he uses to shoot rats in his barns. No idea on the make/model but all I do know is that thing packs a silent wallop. A few years ago I was over visiting him and we had a few cold pops and sat in the back of one of his trailers in his barn and shot the rats as they ran along the rafters and floor.

Crazy powerful

Mine blows holes in car doors. At close range, most of the power of a rimfire....
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

I played in the late 80's through around 95. Spray and Pray killed the game for me. When I started it was pump action guns and extremely large fields in the woods. When I quit it was who could put the most ammo through a semiauto on tiny fields with plywood for cover.

100% correct on spray and pray.
    Friends of mine each had pistols (4 of us) we would play paintball behind the bowling alley near Mill Creek, that had a long narrow patch of woods, that was perfect for 2 on 2. It ran the length of the building so there was no chance of customers being accidentally hit in the parking lot. We had the manager/mechanics permission (my former boss) as long as he cleaned up any overspray that might have hit the building. Got a few pallets to hide behind plus the natural bushes and trees. Sadly the strip of woods is now gone and there are businesses there now.

What I ran into when on the public fields was rich daddy would drop 14 year old Junior off with the newest $1500 gun and 3 cases of paint balls and the little punk would “wipe” when he got hit. Tried the less wipeable paintballs but they wouldn’t go thru my gun as well. I knew a paintball wholesaler and he’d hook me up with brighter fill colors, usually magenta, or bright green, that way I could see when I hit said wiper and usually get the field ref to check for a hit.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information