Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Season has arrived in the American West

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Introduction of new technology for monitoring wild lands and rural America .....................

.......................... learning and adapting.

Interesting organization >>> http://www.alertwildfire.org/blmnv/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Its getting pretty bad out here in Arizona. I was working in the town of Cave Creek when the fire shown in the DC10 video above, the Ocotillo fire, started and spread. Its quite crazy how fast that one moved. Luckily most of the houses back there were keeping brush fairly clear from their homes.
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

• DHawk wrote:Its getting pretty bad out here in Arizona. I was working in the town of Cave Creek when the fire shown in the DC10 video above, the Ocotillo fire, started and spread. Its quite crazy how fast that one moved. Luckily most of the houses back there were keeping brush fairly clear from their homes.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• ........................................ it is my hope that everyone living in vulnerable areas are maintaining vigilance and preparing for worse case scenarios. Understanding fire behavior is part of the necessary preparation.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I always cross my fingers and knock on wood during fire season. And it's definitely here.

(**Crosses fingers...Knocks on wood**)
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• That haze we are seeing during the day and the sunsets it's creating are from the fires that have been burning for a couple months in Siberia. The smoke haze has made it's way to Southern Oregon and the California border.

Wildfires have continued to spread through fields in the Republic of Sakha on the back of the heatwave which hit the entire Russian region. There are currently 50 active bushfires on the territory of 1.5 million acres, according to Avialesokhrana, the Russian government agency that monitors forest fires.
    https://kobi5.com/news/haze-over-rogue-valley-caused-by-siberian-wildfires-nws-says-131730/

Russia's Aerial Forest Protection Service said it was trying to suppress 136 fires over 43,000 hectares (430 square kilometers) as of Saturday.

Firefighters are using explosives to contain the fires and seeding clouds with silver iodide to encourage rain, it said.

However 159 other fires have been deemed too remote and expensive to handle, with over 333,000 hectares currently ablaze in areas where firefighting efforts have stopped, it said.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/12/nearly-300-wildfires-in-siberia-amid-record-warm-weather-a70850
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I couldn't help noting that all of those maps showed the Seattle half of Washington State as being in no danger of terrible wildfires. That's because frickin' rain forests are too wet to burn! Grrrr
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I couldn't help noting that all of those maps showed the Seattle half of Washington State as being in no danger of terrible wildfires. That's because frickin' rain forests are too wet to burn! Grrrr

Or most the idiots are busy complaining about Masks and not out being idiots tossing butts and making unsafe fires while camping.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• There's the fire problem and then there is also those government regulations.

....................... a week and a day ago ....... just up the hill from me ........ smoke appeared.

Fortunately, a helicopter with a water bucket responded quickly and knocked the fire out before it could grow and threaten the neighborhood.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thank you for posting; it is a very worrying time. Those pilots are amazing people. It must be so intense, even if things are going to plan.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Apparently, California finally addresses a regulation problem .................

SEATS Historic Return to California >>>
    A "historic lightning siege" triggered more than 367 new fires, Jeremy Rahn, a spokesperson for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire), said at a news conference on Wednesday afternoon.

At least 2 dead as wildfires explode in size, displacing thousands of Californians >>> https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/a-look-at-the-western-u-s-fire-season/796784
    ImageImage
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information