Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Into the Wild Bus Removed

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:05 pm
  • It's about time. :les:

On a side note. It's the first I've heard of the suitcase. :hmmmm:

The bus has long attracted adventurers to an area without cellphone service and marked by unpredictable weather and at-times swollen rivers. Some have had to be rescued or have died. Christopher McCandless, the subject of the book and movie, died there in 1992.

The rescue earlier this year of five Italian tourists and death last year of a woman from Belarus intensified calls from local officials for the bus, about 25 miles from the Parks Highway, to be removed.

The Alaska Army National Guard moved the bus as part of a training mission “at no cost to the public or additional cost to the state,” Feige said.

The Alaska National Guard, in a release, said the bus was removed using a heavy-lift helicopter. The crew ensured the safety of a suitcase with sentimental value to the McCandless family, the release states. It doesn’t describe that item further.

Feige, in a release, said the bus will be kept in a secure location while her department weighs various options for what to do with it.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-arm ... ium=social
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:00 am
  • Wow.

I had forgotten about that story.

Thanks for the reminder.

I’m going to go back and re-watch the documentary.

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Into the Wild Bus Removed
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:29 am
  • I watched the movie...I'm not sure why this was such a tourist attraction given it was person who likely had some mental health issues and was zero prepared for life that far in the woods?? I'm not sure what the is the shrine is for that bus??
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information