Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:22 am
  • Ford's reveal of its all new bronco will be aired on ABC, CBS and Wholou. Three different models, the 2 door, the 4door and the sport. NO V8 yet! Ford is even developing its own tires for the new Bronco.Removable (no wrenches needed) doors with additional storage for them, plus mirrors were moved to the A pillar so you always have them.

    Jeep loves beware!!! :stirthepot:
    Last edited by Chawker on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:43 pm
  • Jesus, the networks are hard up for programming. Sounds boring as watching paint dry.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6983
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:14 pm
  • Hoping for a Covid model....Dropping face masks and a cow catcher on the front for protesters.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Jesus, the networks are hard up for programming. Sounds boring as watching paint dry.


    This.

    Hopefully the show is actually centered around something else besides the automobile, like Top Gear was.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6454
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:47 pm


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm
  • Its just a commercial.

    But, another thing about the bronco, you can disconnect the front and rear sway bars for some crazy articulation if the terrain calls for it.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:08 pm
  • Chawker wrote:Its just a commercial.

    But, another thing about the bronco, you can disconnect the front and rear sway bars for some crazy articulation if the terrain calls for it.


    You made it sound like some big production. If I care about a commercial, I'll go watch it on YouTube, not sit through a 2 hour block of shows I likely don't care about hoping to catch it.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6983
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 pm
  • A good Open Air Convertible is a great choice. :2thumbs:




    .............................. it's a thing of beauty. The United States Army made a great choice!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9878
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:20 pm
  • Wait for the raptor version, I think it will be called the "Warthog", I'm waiting for Ford to bring out the Bronco with a nasty V8. A 4.6 or a 5.0 then the rest will be left in the dust. :lol:
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:51 pm
  • Chawker wrote:Wait for the raptor version, I think it will be called the "Warthog", I'm waiting for Ford to bring out the Bronco with a nasty V8. A 4.6 or a 5.0 then the rest will be left in the dust. :lol:
    Cheers


    Won’t happen.

    Even if Ford offers a “Raptor” or like version, it will be the same V6 that’s currently offered.

    Not sure why you seem to think you know more than the rest of the world about the Bronco and Ford’s plans for it but a simple google search and a bit of critical thinking should set you straight, you just need to be willing to take the time.


    I’ll go on record:

    If Ford stays with “IFS” (independent front suspension) the Bronco will NEVER be in the same class as Jeep (in terms of off road capability)

    The Bronco looks to be a very cool vehicle, I won’t deny that.
    Ford will steal a segment of the “Jeep” market, on that there is no doubt.

    The Jeep Wangler sucks in terms of a quality SUV (grocery getter) but it shines in the off road and aftermarket world.

    I don’t think that Ford, or the society in general is willing to go “hard core” after the true “off road” market, and “IFS” proves that to me.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:07 pm
  • I know my fords, you scoffed at me when I said, my 6.2 379 was a "Boss" engine, even though its going in the shop next week to have the Boss and SOHC badges put on.

    Traditionally what kind of motors has ford put in broncos ? V8s or straight 6s. They're just started to developing the new bronco. Its off road abilitys will surpass anything jeep is capable, you'll learn the hard way. Its just to bad I won't be there to see it.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:23 am
  • Chawker wrote:I know my fords, you scoffed at me when I said, my 6.2 379 was a "Boss" engine, even though its going in the shop next week to have the Boss and SOHC badges put on.

    Traditionally what kind of motors has ford put in broncos ? V8s or straight 6s. They're just started to developing the new bronco. Its off road abilitys will surpass anything jeep is capable, you'll learn the hard way. Its just to bad I won't be there to see it.


    Not with an independent front suspension it won’t, and you being willing to argue the point proves your ignorance on the topic.


    You want to be there to see something?

    How bout you purchase one of these new Broncos, I’ll gladly meet you in the middle some place to do some “wheeling”.

    Maybe the Tahoe area, The Rubicon Trail is on my bucket list.


    BTW:
    are you seriously going to pay “a shop” to put badges on your vehicle?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 pm
  • Just bought a new Ranger...It's awesome.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 pm
  • OMG!!! This new Bronco is a jeep killer. The GOAT system is awesome (go over any terrain) with the steering assist which will lock up the rear inside wheel in a turn. Ford calls this a tank turn. See thur doors, my mind has blown up. WOW!

    I'd be worried pmedic, cus you'd lose. Rocks snow or mud, ford say bring it on.

    I think Moab would be better place to play, say potato salad hill or we could play with our 4x4 in the hot tub, I've seen many of jeeps flip trying to exit the hot tub.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am
  • Chawker wrote:OMG!!! This new Bronco is a jeep killer. The GOAT system is awesome (go over any terrain) with the steering assist which will lock up the rear inside wheel in a turn. Ford calls this a tank turn. See thur doors, my mind has blown up. WOW!

    I'd be worried pmedic, cus you'd lose. Rocks snow or mud, ford say bring it on.

    I think Moab would be better place to play, say potato salad hill or we could play with our 4x4 in the hot tub, I've seen many of jeeps flip trying to exit the hot tub.


    “Jeep killer”

    Ok Bro Tater, you stick to your guns.

    It’s a cool vehicle, and it will get a portion of the Jeep market.

    Opinions available for up to 35” tires from the factory.

    You have any idea what will need to be done to run a bigger tire than 35s?

    Did you notice in the promo video how that front tire came off the ground when they were showing the sway bar disconnect?

    Do you understand that there is absolutely no way that “IFS” can complete with a straight axle in a “crawling” scenario? Are you aware of the physics involved, and why it’s a “fact”?

    Take a guess what it will cost once the aftermarket catches up to lift one of these even 2.5 inches.

    Full electronic/computer controlled suspension.

    It’s nice, it will carve out a niche for itself but I think you lack understanding of the truly “off road” segment of the “Jeep” world.

    A Jeep Wrangler sucks in comparison to other SUVs that are available, anyone that buys one to have an SUV is silly in my eyes, too many better choices that make sense.

    I could see the Bronco putting a big dent in the Jeeps portion of the “SUV” market, I’m willing to bet that it will never overtake the “Jeep” in the “real” off road market.


    Let’s do a 5 year from now bet.

    Front row game tickets for game of winner’s choice in the 2027 season.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:06 pm
  • Chawker wrote:Wait for the raptor version, I think it will be called the "Warthog", I'm waiting for Ford to bring out the Bronco with a nasty V8. A 4.6 or a 5.0 then the rest will be left in the dust. :lol:
    Cheers


    What can you offer on this picture?

    Any thoughts?
    Image


    Here’s a hint.

    The block on the right is a Chevrolet 350.

    Wanna guess what the block on the left is?

    Here’s another hint:

    It’s a 5.0 Coyote from Ford.

    I understand and appreciate your enthusiasm, your ignorance is hilarious.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: July 13 7:00 PM Bronco's Big Reveal.
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:37 pm
  • Yup! Thats a dual over head cam 302. A lot of people are putting those engines in first generation bronco, and selling them for upward or 200,000.00$ dollars.

    Ford doesn't have to drop in a DOHC engine, just a simple old 302 push rod engine will do, 350 hp and 350 lb pounds of torque. Simple ol cheap V8, if people want to pump up the power let them do it.

    Well, you stick to riding your horse but the modern machine has arrived.

    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


  • Chawker wrote:Yup! Thats a dual over head cam 302. A lot of people are putting those engines in first generation bronco, and selling them for upward or 200,000.00$ dollars.

    Ford doesn't have to drop in a DOHC engine, just a simple old 302 push rod engine will do, 350 hp and 350 lb pounds of torque. Simple ol cheap V8, if people want to pump up the power let them do it.

    Well, you stick to riding your horse but the modern machine has arrived.

    Cheers


    It’s very modern and will probably sell well, I’m not disputing that at all.

    I’ve even conceded that the Bronco will take a segment of the Jeep market.

    I own a Jeep because of what it will do “off road”, not because it’s a great and sporty SUV.

    The Jeep “aftermarket” is decades ahead, and it will be a long time before the Bronco market gets anywhere close.

    The electronics and configuration of the Bronco’s suspension is going to make it stupid expensive to run 37”-40” tires, and being stuck on 35s is going to be extremely limiting when a Bronco tries to follow the Leader (off road).

    I own a Ford p/u, I’m not hating on Ford, I think the Bronco is cool, and could actually see one in my driveway someday but my Jeep will be there too, because I understand what “off road” means, and I have knowledge of what it takes to actually be “capable”.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • Riding the trails,testing your machine to your limits and being safe and smart about not tearing up your vehicle and trying to leave the forest the way you found it.

    Wheeling is a lot of fun but, you have to know your limitations. I've passed on a lot of trails I know my truck can go, but at what cost. Not tearing up your rig is always on my mind, I guess I don't like working on them to much. I prefer drinking a cold beer at the end of a day. Always come prepared though. Jeep,bronco,blazer scout its all good.
    Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:17 pm
  • Boys, Boys, Boys

    Just put in front and rear ARB Lockers, push a button (or 2 ) and crawl. No need to tear up a rig on any trail.
    hawkpride
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 240
    Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm


  • Image
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • hawkpride wrote:Boys, Boys, Boys

    Just put in front and rear ARB Lockers, push a button (or 2 ) and crawl. No need to tear up a rig on any trail.


    I have F/R lockers in my Jeep, and I’m not sure if they are standard equipment or not but the Bronco will have them available.
    Clearly stated in the promo.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • I find your talk of physics interesting PMed, since you don't think regular tires can kick up rocks while driving down a road.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31760
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • RolandDeschain wrote:I find your talk of physics interesting PMed, since you don't think regular tires can kick up rocks while driving down a road.


    Never said “couldn’t”.

    My argument was that the tires I run on my Jeep generally don’t.
    The gaps between lugs are large enough that they don’t “pick up” and hold rocks/pebbles that are usually the cause of rock chipped windshields.

    This combined with the fact that I’m cognizant of the danger, and take measures to mitigate the risks means the chance of causing damage to another person’s vehicle is small.

    Would you like to see pictures of my inner fenders as they currently are?
    Aftermarket aluminum fenders painted to match my Jeeps color.
    Almost 40k miles on them and barely a nick in the paint.

    You and others can say what you want, you’re welcome to bust my balls over “eff a bunch of mud flaps” but the proof is available upon request.

    You should stick to critiquing folks on there spelling and grammar, least you know what your talking about there.

    :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31760
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image


    You forget that he's in Texas, when they tell Rocks to stay put they Stay put or they get blasted.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33249
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image


    Come on man!

    I’m aware that any tire CAN kick up a rock.

    Like I said, I can show you pictures of my inner fenders that will prove to you that my tires don’t “kick up” rocks at a higher rate than any other tire, and probably less so than your average all terrain tire does.


    If your actually worried about my tires, I suggest you don’t travel behind me.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image


    You forget that he's in Texas, when they tell Rocks to stay put they Stay put or they get blasted.


    Barked out just like the Chihuahua that stays on the porch while the big dogs handle business.

    Yap, Yap.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • pmedic920 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image


    You forget that he's in Texas, when they tell Rocks to stay put they Stay put or they get blasted.


    Barked out just like the Chihuahua that stays on the porch while the big dogs handle business.

    Yap, Yap.


    Well big dog when your done sticking your nose up Domes ass and licking his balls get back to me...
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33249
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Even slicks kick up rocks. Your belief that it's only tread that does it is what's wrong. I kick up rocks on my damn bicycle with road tires that look like this:

    Image


    You forget that he's in Texas, when they tell Rocks to stay put they Stay put or they get blasted.


    Barked out just like the Chihuahua that stays on the porch while the big dogs handle business.

    Yap, Yap.


    Well big dog when your done sticking your nose up Domes ass and licking his balls get back to me...


    Touched a nerve, did I ?

    :{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • pmedic920 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    You forget that he's in Texas, when they tell Rocks to stay put they Stay put or they get blasted.


    Barked out just like the Chihuahua that stays on the porch while the big dogs handle business.

    Yap, Yap.


    Well big dog when your done sticking your nose up Domes ass and licking his balls get back to me...


    Touched a nerve, did I ?

    :{)


    I'm not the one with my nose up Domes ass and licking his balls, I ain't touching nothin...
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33249
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • pmedic920 wrote:Come on man!

    I’m aware that any tire CAN kick up a rock.

    Like I said, I can show you pictures of my inner fenders that will prove to you that my tires don’t “kick up” rocks at a higher rate than any other tire, and probably less so than your average all terrain tire does.


    If your actually worried about my tires, I suggest you don’t travel behind me.

    Now you're changing your tune. You claimed you didn't need mud flaps with big exposed tires because the tread wouldn't kick up rocks. I correctly called $h!t when that happened.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31760
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Come on man!

    I’m aware that any tire CAN kick up a rock.

    Like I said, I can show you pictures of my inner fenders that will prove to you that my tires don’t “kick up” rocks at a higher rate than any other tire, and probably less so than your average all terrain tire does.


    If your actually worried about my tires, I suggest you don’t travel behind me.

    Now you're changing your tune. You claimed you didn't need mud flaps with big exposed tires because the tread wouldn't kick up rocks. I correctly called $h!t when that happened.


    In that conversation I spoke in much more general terms than absolutes as you’re insinuating here.

    Although I may have said “couldn’t” where “wouldn’t” may have been more accurate, it was a long argument and the full context of the conversation will clearly show that what I’m saying here is the same thing.

    I’m not “changing my tune”, I’m standing my ground.


    Edit:

    I posted pictures of my inner fenders at the time, my Jeep has several thousand more miles on now.

    You want some current pix ?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:13 am
  • If I remember correctly you said your tire cleats are of the type and spread that they don't kick up rocks so you don't need mud flaps.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33249
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:If I remember correctly you said your tire cleats are of the type and spread that they don't kick up rocks so you don't need mud flaps.

    This. I said ANY tire still kicks up rocks - which they do. Sure, some treads will do it more, but that's never been the debate.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 31760
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL



Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:58 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Here's your thread about it, PMed: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=154307

    The salient part of the conversation starts here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=154307#p2279743


    I’m aware of the conversation.

    I stand my ground.

    The tires I run on my Jeep “can” but generally don’t kick up rocks.

    Jeep: 37x12.50/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

    P/U truck: 35x12.59/17 Toyo OpenCountry AT

    If this conversation was about my truck tires there would be no argument.

    If you want to bust my balls over word choices that’s fair enough, and I’ll fade the heat.

    In terms of what the tires on my Jeep do/ don’t do you are clueless and working solely on assumptions.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • LOL my OJ post got deleted. This place is an ass wash. An internet bidet of sorts, full of fake friends.

    FAKE
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36653
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
    Location: The Tex-ASS


  • Kudos to Ford. Bringing back a legend and doing it almost right. They screwed up by including the sport, engine options, and engine/tranny combos.

    Love the look of the big 2 door and the 4 door. So reminiscent of my 1974. I need to see them live to decide.

    Waiting for the 2022’s. Black Diamond mid with a bigger ass engine and a 7 sp manual. Hoping for a 5L.
    12th Dimension
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:35 pm


  • Ford will be making the brono pickup in 2 and 4 door models. And hopefully with a V8.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


  • Wow ! The war has started. Jeep is offering a new 392 hemi hellcat jeep and ford has responded with a place in Texas called paxpower you can have your 2020 bronco engine replaced with a 5.0 coyote engine putting out 400 fpt and 400 hp. They also can supercharge it for you if you'd like 758 hp. This is stupid good for us, if you got a 100,000 dollars to spend on a 4x4.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


  • Chawker wrote:Wow ! The war has started. Jeep is offering a new 392 hemi hellcat jeep and ford has responded with a place in Texas called paxpower you can have your 2020 bronco engine replaced with a 5.0 coyote engine putting out 400 fpt and 400 hp. They also can supercharge it for you if you'd like 758 hp. This is stupid good for us, if you got a 100,000 dollars to spend on a 4x4.


    Oh yea, “Jeep is offering”?

    Where are they offering this beast you speak of?


    Maybe your talking about the “concept vehicle” they unveiled just prior to the official Bronco release?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 21671
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • Give me gearing any day over pointless horsepower. Those numbers are just for the dick-wavers that will never leave the pavement to brag about. There's a reason that a 63 HP Suzuki Samurai can go anywhere, and it's not the engine.

    I think the Bronco will be pretty successful. The Wrangler was pretty much an enthusiast vehicle until the Toyota FJ and Hummer died, and then became available in 4 doors. Then every suburban soccer mom and midlife-crisis dad started buying them up to the point that the original enthusiast model, the 2 door, was second in line for tooling setup when the new JL production began in 2017. These idiots will go out and drop 40K+ for a Rubicon model despite having no idea what lockers or crawl ratio are, or the differences between IFS and a solid axle. Factor in the steep entry price compared to the Bronco, Fiat-Chrysler's abysmal QA, and better on-road comfort when going over speed bumps at the mall parking lot, and a lot of people are going to pick the Ford.

    Sure, IFS is less capable when it comes to articulation and durability, but the vast majority of people buying these things will never take them off-road, and the ones that do will probably never see more than a forest service road. Even then, swapping in a custom solid front axle is going to be no problem for the hardcore crowd; Toyota guys have been doing it to the Hi-Lux and 4Runner for over 30 years. What's nuts is that it's going to have a higher crawl ratio than a Rubicon.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3282
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW


  • 253hawk wrote:Give me gearing any day over pointless horsepower. Those numbers are just for the dick-wavers that will never leave the pavement to brag about. There's a reason that a 63 HP Suzuki Samurai can go anywhere, and it's not the engine.

    I think the Bronco will be pretty successful. The Wrangler was pretty much an enthusiast vehicle until the Toyota FJ and Hummer died, and then became available in 4 doors. Then every suburban soccer mom and midlife-crisis dad started buying them up to the point that the original enthusiast model, the 2 door, was second in line for tooling setup when the new JL production began in 2017. These idiots will go out and drop 40K+ for a Rubicon model despite having no idea what lockers or crawl ratio are, or the differences between IFS and a solid axle. Factor in the steep entry price compared to the Bronco, Fiat-Chrysler's abysmal QA, and better on-road comfort when going over speed bumps at the mall parking lot, and a lot of people are going to pick the Ford.

    Sure, IFS is less capable when it comes to articulation and durability, but the vast majority of people buying these things will never take them off-road, and the ones that do will probably never see more than a forest service road. Even then, swapping in a custom solid front axle is going to be no problem for the hardcore crowd; Toyota guys have been doing it to the Hi-Lux and 4Runner for over 30 years. What's nuts is that it's going to have a higher crawl ratio than a Rubicon.


    What's funny is 99 percent of the Broncos bought won't leave the pavement. But damn they will look cool having one.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 33249
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • If I were to buy a bronco today I'd go with the 4 cylinder and the manual trans. Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Carbonized gray. 2 door. :thRocks:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 am
    Location: corner of 40th & plum.


Re: Bronco's Big Reveal is unbelievable!!!
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:36 pm
  • Chawker wrote:If I were to buy a bronco today I'd go with the 4 cylinder and the manual trans. Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Carbonized gray. 2 door. :thRocks:


    You can’t get the Sasquatch package with the manual trans. You could aftermarket the wheels/tires. Fender flares, and add the lift to get there.
    12th Dimension
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 20
    Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:35 pm




It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online