Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seafair race announcer Pat O’Day dies at 85

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13

Longtime disc jockey, concert promoter and Seafair race announcer Pat O’Day has died. He was 85 years old.

O’Day was one of the signature voices of the Pacific Northwest.

His family announced that he died peacefully Tuesday at his longtime home on the San Juan Islands.

O'Day began his broadcasting career as a student at Bremerton High School and never looked back.

He wound up being a radio personality and station owner in Seattle for four decades.

His influence and longevity is commemorated in the permanent disc jockey exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seattl ... CGWOUGOTU/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Image

Longtime disc jockey, concert promoter and Seafair race announcer Pat O’Day has died. He was 85 years old.

O’Day was one of the signature voices of the Pacific Northwest.

His family announced that he died peacefully Tuesday at his longtime home on the San Juan Islands.

O'Day began his broadcasting career as a student at Bremerton High School and never looked back.

He wound up being a radio personality and station owner in Seattle for four decades.

His influence and longevity is commemorated in the permanent disc jockey exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seattl ... CGWOUGOTU/

Thanks for this, as much as it slaps me in the face of my mortality I remember fondly his voice and demeanor, he had a partier type voice, yeah he had a drinking problem for years but he was fun as hell to listen too.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Dang! One of the good ones!
    He lived a hell of a life. RIP Sir, you will be missed. :(
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information