Do Not Sell My Personal Information

They tempted fate...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
They tempted fate...
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:55 am
    :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: They tempted fate...
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:49 am
  • Sorry, it really bugs me - I don't understand this! Fate? I think something blew over my short head, sorry! :D
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Sorry, it really bugs me - I don't understand this! Fate? I think something blew over my short head, sorry! :D

See if this helps, it’s how I took it.

pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:32 am
  • Thanks - I am obviously s-l-o-w at times! The piece of cheese fell off my crack** here... :)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Thanks - I am obviously s-l-o-w at times! The piece of cheese fell off my crack** here... :)

Whats bad is Pmedic was the one that pointed it out to you and we know he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to social stuff.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm
  • Aussie Seahawk wrote:Thanks - I am obviously s-l-o-w at times! The piece of cheese fell off my crack** here... :)

Don’t worry, it took me a second to catch on as well.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:34 am
  • Thanks, Pmedic! That was a great video of the dominoes. I can't even claim I didn't know Domino's pizzas, as we have them here (not very acclaimed, though)

OK, not "getting" a humourous story is exemplified by a eulogy at a funeral of the mother of a close childhood friend in 2012. Our respective parents had been close friends since I was old enough to remember. It was a terrible shock; she had a massive stroke at 79. The funeral was very much a celebration of her life, as well as of course being a very sombre event in a packed church.

The family were on holiday in Fiji, back in around 1980, when my friend was about 20. They were staying in a coastal resort, and on the last morning, my friend's mother joined the rest of the family in the dining area for breakfast for the first time, as she'd had breakfast in their suite all the other mornings. She commented that it was nice to see so many single fathers having breakfast with their daughter, on holiday.

My friend and his dad had to get up and go outside, they were laughing so hard. They said they nearly passed out and fell into the pool, they were laughing so hard.

My wife cracked up laughing immediately, but it went gracefully over my head. I suppose about half the people there "got" it...
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information