Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Swiss will live on..

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The Swiss will live on..
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm
  • In my basement. I recently and sadly bought the shuffleboard from the now closed Swiss pub. I was wondering if anyone knows of any restoration and repair people somewhat near. 27 years of bar life have taken a toll.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Starter

Re: The Swiss will live on..
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:20 am
  • I bought my shuffleboard table at Golden West Games on Tacoma Mall Blvd.

https://goldenwestgames.com/

I don't know if they do repairs, but they might know who would.........or give you advice on how to do it yourself. Those tables are solid maple usually, so you should be able to just lightly sand with an oscillating sander until all the knicks and scratches are out, and then spray it with the silcone shuffleboard spray.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:57 am
  • Thanks Sgt. I did call GW the other day and they game me a # for a guy in Vancouver. I’ve got some work ahead. Side note I found a place that makes replacement 22’ boards......$4800+ shipping....I will be refinishing
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:19 am
  • Back in the late '90s, a bar I worked at was sold, but the owner gave me the shuffle board table.

That was by far the heaviest thing I've had to transport to my house. Had to call a friend with a flatbed trailer and multiple other friends just to move it.

I was an idiot and left it at that house when I moved out.
    taz291819
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:15 am
  • Yeah the playing deck is 400+ pounds. Realized that at 50 I’m not as strong as I once was... if and when I move this one might stay also.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:Thanks Sgt. I did call GW the other day and they game me a # for a guy in Vancouver. I’ve got some work ahead. Side note I found a place that makes replacement 22’ boards......$4800+ shipping....I will be refinishing

Good lord, my entire new table with delivery and setup was half that.

Honestly I don't think it'll be that hard to refurbish the wood.

Good luck and post pics when you're done. Shuffleboard is awesome, we use our table all the time.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information