Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This gal nails Stevie Nicks...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
This gal nails Stevie Nicks...
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:14 pm
  • https://youtu.be/

Kinda cute, too. :mrgreen:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: This gal nails Stevie Nicks...
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:46 pm
  • Watch and listen to these two vids.

She is the best in the world right now. Versatile to the extreme.

This is interesting also.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:31 am
  • Oops, I think I totally misinterpreted the subject line... ;)
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:15 am
  • Tatiana Shmaylyuk from Jinjer is pretty damn good as well.

notyou
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:37 pm
  • sutz wrote:https://youtu.be/

Kinda cute, too. :mrgreen:

Kinda? ;)

Really good...I would like to hear her do some other Mac covers too.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:52 pm
  • She has the rasp but I think her range is more limited I listened to her and Stevie back to back, she is very good however, also hard to replicate something in a Youtube vs a studio edited cut.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:48 am
  • Saw this over the weekend, she's awesome.

I love seeing young people latch onto all the music we love as old farts. Rumors is in my top 5 greatest albums of all time, so damn good.

I got a turntable a couple years ago, and it was one of the first albums I bought.................again. Now I'm paying $20-$30 for all the records I paid $3-$5 for back in the 70's and 80's.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:27 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Saw this over the weekend, she's awesome.

I love seeing young people latch onto all the music we love as old farts. Rumors is in my top 5 greatest albums of all time, so damn good.

I got a turntable a couple years ago, and it was one of the first albums I bought.................again. Now I'm paying $20-$30 for all the records I paid $3-$5 for back in the 70's and 80's.

I have been debating picking up a turntable. I have several vinyl albums that came in box sets I purchased but vinyl expense has been a huge factor that has kept me from going ahead and getting a turntable.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:54 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Saw this over the weekend, she's awesome.

I have been debating picking up a turntable. I have several vinyl albums that came in box sets I purchased but vinyl expense has been a huge factor that has kept me from going ahead and getting a turntable.

If you love music, I say do it.

It's for sure an expensive hobby now, but the turntable's brought me so much enjoyment. Yes it's a novelty and just connecting my Spotify to a bluetooth speaker is easier. But there's something about listening to a record.........the crackle, the full sound, looking at the album cover and inside jacket art.

And musically you forget how awesome it is to listen to an entire album. All the songs you forgot about, how there was an art to how albums were structured with what songs go where.

I just bought the Cars first album, so hearing Bye Bye Love, Moving in Stereo and All Mixed up in order the way it was meant to be played? Sublime.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 pm
  • I still have almost all my albums from a Teenager to early 20's, other then a few that were stolen, a huge portion have only been played one time, first playing I also recorded to Cassette in those days and left the Vinyl alone after.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:11 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

It's for sure an expensive hobby now, but the turntable's brought me so much enjoyment. Yes it's a novelty and just connecting my Spotify to a bluetooth speaker is easier. But there's something about listening to a record.........the crackle, the full sound, looking at the album cover and inside jacket art.

And musically you forget how awesome it is to listen to an entire album. All the songs you forgot about, how there was an art to how albums were structured with what songs go where.

I just bought the Cars first album, so hearing Bye Bye Love, Moving in Stereo and All Mixed up in order the way it was meant to be played? Sublime.

I actually have a pair of Carver Crimson 350 monoblocks hooked up to these speakers:
    https://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=SS+8 (not any of the finishes seen there.)

My biggest problem is the room they are in. I am going to be sure the next house we move into has a room that can be made worthy of them. Will probably buy the turntable at that point (2-3 years down the road.)

I typically listen to ripped CD's or lossless streaming and typically albums in full. I agree, there is certain enjoyable quality to the inperfection of vinyl, especially with live shows.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

I actually have a pair of Carver Crimson 350 monoblocks hooked up to these speakers:
    https://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=SS+8 (not any of the finishes seen there.)

My biggest problem is the room they are in. I am going to be sure the next house we move into has a room that can be made worthy of them. Will probably buy the turntable at that point (2-3 years down the road.)

I typically listen to ripped CD's or lossless streaming and typically albums in full. I agree, there is certain enjoyable quality to the inperfection of vinyl, especially with live shows.

Damn, those are bad ass. My wife would never allow a setup like that.

I just have a little turntable I bought at Best Buy that I hooked into my Alexa speaker system at my lake place. I have four Kicker speakers connected to a two channel amp, so I can switch back and forth between the bluetooth setup, and my turntable.

Honestly, I just love when no one else is in the cabin and I can just sit for hours spinning my records drinking beers.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:23 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

Damn, those are bad ass. My wife would never allow a setup like that.

I just have a little turntable I bought at Best Buy that I hooked into my Alexa speaker system at my lake place. I have four Kicker speakers connected to a two channel amp, so I can switch back and forth between the bluetooth setup, and my turntable.

Honestly, I just love when no one else is in the cabin and I can just sit for hours spinning my records drinking beers.

Same, I typically have to wait for everybody to be out of the house to listen at the proper level to fully enjoy the music.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm
  • Okay this thread made me search for other Mac covers and I found this doll. Holy cow. I am old enough to be her dad (bloody hell) but dang...What a cutie and she NAILS the song.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 am
  • They're all good, but dang...just close your eyes and listen to that last one. Wow, if that didn't have the feel of the original! Nice find!
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:13 pm
  • New video by Stevie Nicks. I’m not into this type of music (I’m much too young for this era of music), but Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks I do really like. This video is a great watch.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information