Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Boomer ads on TV

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Annoying Boomer ads on TV
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am
  • 1) The Tom Selleck dude pushing reverse mortgages. Yeah it's a loan. It's one that you don't have to pay back while you're still in it but the heirs will. So all this, "I wouldn't tell you if I didn't trust it, it's just a loan" is condescending and ridiculous.

2) The Leaf Filter one. That one with that boomer going "I'm telling you Devin, getting on ladders is dangerous" and then the millennial is like, "Oh yeah it is" and there's no alternative. Yeah there is, go on handy app or home depot or whatever and hire that out once a year.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Annoying Boomer ads on TV
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:1) The Tom Selleck dude pushing reverse mortgages. Yeah it's a loan. It's one that you don't have to pay back while you're still in it but the heirs will. So all this, "I wouldn't tell you if I didn't trust it, it's just a loan" is condescending and ridiculous.

2) The Leaf Filter one. That one with that boomer going "I'm telling you Devin, getting on ladders is dangerous" and then the millennial is like, "Oh yeah it is" and there's no alternative. Yeah there is, go on handy app or home depot or whatever and hire that out once a year.

You don't trust Magnum?SCH! :rumble:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Annoying Boomer ads on TV
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 pm
  • In general I'm annoyed with a lot of ad campaigns.........mainly because the only stereotype left that's safe to poke fun at is white dudes.

So that's 75% of ad campaigns now, white dudes acting like idiots. Either the doofus home repair guy, or doofus dad that burns down the kitchen with the mom giving the camera the "ahh, he's so dumb!" look.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information