Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next gen gaming consoles

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Next gen gaming consoles
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:39 am
  • Any of you guys getting the next generation of gaming consoles at launch, or will you be waiting for a little while? If you are, what console will you be getting?

I pre ordered the Xbox Series X when they were available from Best Buy. Looking forward to it!

If you guys have Xbox, feel free to add me. Gamertag: Jerhawk.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Next gen gaming consoles
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:17 am
  • I'm planning on getting a new XBox. I was going to try and get one right away, but now I'm gonna wait until December since Cyberpunk 2077 got pushed back again.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:27 am
  • I went sony last round. Was a little disappointed but I have not seen anything remarkable about switching back to the Xbox.

In fairness I have not been paying close attention. I usually wait a year until the second version comes down the road.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:34 pm
  • Fudwamper wrote:I went sony last round. Was a little disappointed but I have not seen anything remarkable about switching back to the Xbox.

In fairness I have not been paying close attention. I usually wait a year until the second version comes down the road.

I've never had a Sony console. I've had an XBox 1 since 2015 so switching makes no sense for me.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:24 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I'm planning on getting a new XBox. I was going to try and get one right away, but now I'm gonna wait until December since Cyberpunk 2077 got pushed back again.

Nice! Are you getting the series X or S?

I'm worried that the S won't be powerful enough and cause massive frame rate drops. It would be good to travel with if you travel for work I suppose.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:28 pm
  • Fudwamper wrote:I went sony last round. Was a little disappointed but I have not seen anything remarkable about switching back to the Xbox.

I currently have the Xbox One, and got the PS4 over the summer to try all of the exclusive titles, which were fun.

HZD, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Last of Us II (mixed reviews) were all great. MLB The Show is the best sports game out today imo.

Xbox exclusives are old and recycled at this point. Forza, Halo, Gears are all whatever at this point.

But, all that said, I'll still get the Series X at launch because of Gamepass and thats what my friends play
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:21 pm
  • I never buy a console until a game I want to play is out on it. This generation really feels like it's gonna be awhile before I dip.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:41 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I never buy a console until a game I want to play is out on it. This generation really feels like it's gonna be awhile before I dip.

I waited to buy an Xbox one until Grand Theft Auto 5 was released. I'll probably do the same whenever they make GTA 6.
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information