Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"This game is available in 4K...Click Info to watch..."

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I have Comcast and every once in awhile I will be watching a college football game and a little notice will pop up on my screen that says this broadcast is available to watch in 4K. So I switch it over and while yes, the resolution is definitely more crisp, the colors are muted and looks bad compared to the regular HD channel's broadcast. I have a 4K TV but I am not sure if I need some special 4K adapter or something else I am missing?

Any of you tech gurus have any ideas?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:I have Comcast and every once in awhile I will be watching a college football game and a little notice will pop up on my screen that says this broadcast is available to watch in 4K. So I switch it over and while yes, the resolution is definitely more crisp, the colors are muted and looks bad compared to the regular HD channel's broadcast. I have a 4K TV but I am not sure if I need some special 4K adapter or something else I am missing?

Any of you tech gurus have any ideas?

Did you check the settings on the suppliers ie Comcast or feed and also the Console to make sure they sync? May need a reboot also once you change them to allow or preference.

HDMI cables should handle it I would think if that's what your using.

I know it sounds basic but sometimes we think it can be automatic when you actually may need to allow it as a preference.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The cable box should handle this all for you. If it was an HDMI cable issue you'd get the signal cutting in and out, something like that. Most likely the cable service quality to your address isn't up to par, not having enough bandwidth for what is trying to be delivered. I just asked a friend of mine who made mention of 4K popping up on his Comcast cable just like you did and he didn't notice any muted colors. As long as your TV natively supports 4K you should be fine.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:The cable box should handle this all for you. If it was an HDMI cable issue you'd get the signal cutting in and out, something like that. Most likely the cable service quality to your address isn't up to par, not having enough bandwidth for what is trying to be delivered. I just asked a friend of mine who made mention of 4K popping up on his Comcast cable just like you did and he didn't notice any muted colors. As long as your TV natively supports 4K you should be fine.

This is true also, I recently had to upgrade my router and box to support higher definition also.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hmm, I will have to check my box/settings to see if there is some 4K adaptability option...I have a HDMI cable...I guess I could always call tech support as well to see if I can figure it out...Thanks fellas.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I got you Todd. Wiggle the rabbit ears while standing on one foot. Try N.W. to S.E. :2thumbs:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• I have Comcast as well...Do you have a 4k box? I do, and I have a 4k TV. The Thursday night games are in 4k and they look way better than the regular HD broadcast.
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• DYLcurry59 wrote:I have Comcast as well...Do you have a 4k box? I do, and I have a 4k TV. The Thursday night games are in 4k and they look way better than the regular HD broadcast.

Man I honestly can't remember if the box is 4K. It was swapped out last year...Another thing to check, thanks!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information