Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck Yeager, 1st to break sound barrier, dead at 97

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Godspeed Ace. Congratulations on exceeding the speed of light on your return to Home.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• RIP

Sometimes I think people of his age (or there about) have probably witnessed the greatest moments that mankind will ever see.

I’m sure there will be some great advancements to come but imagine witnessing a time from most not even having electricity to what/where we are today.

Pioneer: it’s hard for me to imagine that there could possibly be greater ones than those we know of today.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• We just celebrated one PMedic, less then a year to develop not one but multiple vaccines for a World Pandemic.

Those people involved are all Pioneers and Hero's. Sadly most won't ever have their names metioned outside their own circles.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:We just celebrated one PMedic, less then a year to develop not one but multiple vaccines for a World Pandemic.

Those people involved are all Pioneers and Hero's. Sadly most won't ever have their names metioned outside their own circles.

I’m certainly aware that pioneers are born every day, and I’m definitely not down playing anything they do.

Obviously the jury is still out on the effectiveness and safety of the recent Covid vaccines.

Just out of curiosity, would you take one tomorrow if it was offered to you?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Yes, uit has the vetting of FDA and CDC and they took all of Trumps BS in making sure it was safe, I would prefer the Johnson and Johnson version when released since it is based on proven technology, but given my wife is an 11 on a scale of 1 - 10 for susceptible and I am a 8 the rewards outweigh the risk. I would just consult with my Doctor first on where things are.

Throw in I am essential so can't hide in a Bunker, do all the shopping also and expose myself to the environment of one of the worst infected areas of King Count being Renton Proper and Burien.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ol' Chuck was most certainly a hero and one of the few lucky to live past their 40s from his generations of daredevils who pushed us forward during truly uncertain times. Also pretty dang entertaining on twitter. RIP
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Godspeed Ace. Congratulations on exceeding the speed of light on your return to Home.

Hope it's OK if I bump this thread after such a long time, photo and all. Is he in a F104 here, do you or anyone know (trying to tell from the cockpit frame)?

Whatever, thank you, Aros, and...

Vale Chuck Yeager.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Found another view on wikipedia. Looking at the cockpit/canopy I think you're right. :)

sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Thanks, Sutz!

I'm currently searching through my late father's things. He was a strike pilot in the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy in the 1950s-early 60s, operating from various aircraft carriers. He did a four-month Flying Instructors' course in 1959 at the Central Flying School, which was actually a Royal Air Force establishment. For reasons I don't remember, he got to fly a RAF Hawker Hunter while stationed there, and gained his supersonic certificate/badge in this plane. It was the first British-made plane to be capable of supersonic flight, albeit only just, in a shallow dive.

Hopefully I can find it - I don't even remember what it looks like. Too many things I wished I'd learned more about from him, many years ago.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information