Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comfort Food ....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Comfort Food ....
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm
  • What does “comfort food” mean to you?

There is no right/wrong answer here, just an opportunity to have a discussion on something we all should be able to agree on.

Good food matters, and “comfort food” is the best.
    Sure “fine dining” is nice but it’s the stuff that we make at home, or remember our mom/grandma making that truly provides “comfort”.

For me, some of the most “comfort” giving meals are “breakfast” (bacon, eggs, hash browns, and toast) any time of a day. “Chili”, a great bowl of Chili always warms my heart. “Stew”, beef, elk, venison no matter. A good stew is always comfort laden.

Today I’ve made some “chicken and dumplings”.
    This meal brings me joy on many levels.

I like mine done with the dropped biscuit dough method, I also like my veggies slightly chunky.

ImageImage

What food brings you comfort?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Comfort Food ....
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:26 pm
  • Oh man Lon my wife would go bonkers over that. She loves chicken and dumplings and she makes them the same way.

For me, comfort food is usually warm foods like in the crock pot, casseroles or pasta/cream dishes...Decadent things that betray my waist line. Thanksgiving is a classic comfort food feast. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc, etc...Yum.

Breakfasts with eggs, bacon, hashed browns, definitely qualifies.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:43 pm
  • Aros wrote:Oh man Lon my wife would go bonkers over that. She loves chicken and dumplings and she makes them the same way.

For me, comfort food is usually warm foods like in the crock pot, casseroles or pasta/cream dishes...Decadent things that betray my waist line. Thanksgiving is a classic comfort food feast. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc, etc...Yum.

Breakfasts with eggs, bacon, hashed browns, definitely qualifies.

Yea, whatever the “traditional” thanksgiving meal is for an individual has to be on the list.

“Mashed potatoes and gravy” IMHO can stand alone on the list, probably top ten on mine.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:39 pm
  • I was at a grocery store and an elderly lady was at the cooks area where they serve fried chicken and fried foods. She had just had a friend go across the rainbow bridge and ordered some of that chicken and fried taters and other condiments. She called it comfort food as she had just come from the funeral.

Taters and gravy is a stand alone. Breakfast can be biscuits and gravy which I eat a bit of now and then. I also shred my own taters and make hash browns. I also now make my own home fries. It is easy with my oster convection oven with pizza maker. I actually cook taters and freeze them now. Then I can take them into the mountains and cook them up for bkfast and lunch.

Some comfort food is made for ease in my eyes. Some is made as it comes from the past and the heart.

Live long and prosper.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information