Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disability Claims Questions.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Disability Claims Questions.
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 am
  • Anybody familiar with the process. I don't know if I'm too soon or too late to apply. Or even if I have a case. But I'll never know without trying.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Disability Claims Questions.
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:00 am
  • I'm pretty sure you apply, and get turned down 100% of the time, then get a disability lawyer, then get approved and the lawyer gets a big cut. I'm also pretty sure there's some graft in that process.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:23 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:I'm pretty sure you apply, and get turned down 100% of the time, then get a disability lawyer, then get approved and the lawyer gets a big cut. I'm also pretty sure there's some graft in that process.

This seems to usually be the case. My nephew was able to get it on his first application without a lawyer though. It's important to have documentation from a doctor. There are two types of disability benefits, SSI and SSDI. SSDI is funded through FICA and SS taxes. SSI is funded through general taxes. They both have different qualifications. I believe you will get more through SSDI, but that depends on what you have contributed to SS. You have had to been working 5 of the last 10 years.

Information on SSDI: https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/disability/
    Information on SSI: https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/text-eligibility-ussi.htm
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:02 pm
  • It would be SSDI. I have worked solid every year since I was 18. But mostly been on LOA for the most part since last May. I would make about $30 less a month now to claim than to wait until I was 67 in 6 years. Retiring next year wouldn't be enough.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information