Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Falcon and the Winter Soldier

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:26 am
  • Disney released this trailer last night.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:35 pm
  • So far this show is fantastic, 2 episodes in.

Gonna be "too woke" for some people, I imagine. Curious to hear thoughts on that. Personally, you know me, I think they're doing the exact right thing.

And aside from that, really cool so far. Great action, intriguing story, and better comedy than I expected. Only 6 episodes total so we're already 1/3 of the way through.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:16 pm
  • Bueller?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:33 pm
  • John Walker done messed up.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:03 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:John Walker done messed up.

Oh no he has done much worse then that, who doesn't want him out of the way now?
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:John Walker done messed up.

I knew at some point there would be an event leading to Falcon getting the shield back but wow that was dark.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:John Walker done messed up.

I knew at some point there would be an event leading to Falcon getting the shield back but wow that was dark.

Episode 5 is said to make some people cry and it's like an hour and 11 minutes or so.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:39 pm
  • Four episodes in and I'm diggin' it.
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm
  • Yo this show is TIGHT.

If you're waiting to binge it good news, finale is next Friday.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:26 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Yo this show is TIGHT.

If you're waiting to binge it good news, finale is next Friday.

Agreed.

Marvel has done it again.

Great show!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 pm
  • The finale is this week, looking forward to Loki, it is suppose to be the best of them to date.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:17 pm
  • 9 hours! Get ya popcorn ready!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:13 am
  • That was pretty b!@ch, can't wait for Loki now, they are filling in story lines and setting up the Mini Avenger Groups nicely.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:42 am
  • I was surprised the route they took John Walker. I thought he was going full heel after last week. Also a bit surprised about Sharon Carter. I enjoyed it. I hope Sam and Bucky get another season or a movie.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 am
  • Maulbert wrote:I was surprised the route they took John Walker. I thought he was going full heel after last week. Also a bit surprised about Sharon Carter. I enjoyed it. I hope Sam and Bucky get another season or a movie.

Well you have Zemo, The Power Broker, Val, all being set up as villianary leaders going forward, John Walker story is kind of following the comic arc, he has that twitch thing going on, good guy won this time but he was having to fight it.I think he is a anti hero of sorts, not really a bad guy but a guy trying to live up to some perceived expectations and following a bad group, add in the Super Serum and it twists him into what he will become.

Speaking of Serums, that teenager that Falcon took to the aide unit isn't going to be dead or stay dead, it's assumed she is dead. They didn't close that out and Zemo blew up her other Super Soldiers. They didn't pull the sheet so to speak over her head and show it. She will come back as some kind of Avenger Group I think.

Trying not to drop spoilers here for those yet to see. Being Vague as I can.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 am
  • I'll be curious to see how much of this TV stuff is self contained vs how much of it leaks over into the movies. Like will we actually see Walker and Torres in the movies? I tend to think we will but not likely in large roles. But it still be interesting to see how interconnected all this will be.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I'll be curious to see how much of this TV stuff is self contained vs how much of it leaks over into the movies. Like will we actually see Walker and Torres in the movies? I tend to think we will but not likely in large roles. But it still be interesting to see how interconnected all this will be.

What it does is give you back stories of multiple secondary type characters from the comics that will make up the Mini Avengers teams.
    Dark Avengers, Thunderbolts, A-Force, Midnight Sons, being some.

Oh and don't forget the Xmen and their minor team ups as well as the Fantastic 4 also. They are almost all coming in some form.

But you need to know the characters, most are not big names since MCU spewed their wad on the A listers the first go round who have aged now and really can't sell the Super Hero roll. Recasting is possible but they need a bit of time for a Generation to forget what they knew or a new generation to discover it anew.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I'll be curious to see how much of this TV stuff is self contained vs how much of it leaks over into the movies. Like will we actually see Walker and Torres in the movies? I tend to think we will but not likely in large roles. But it still be interesting to see how interconnected all this will be.

What it does is give you back stories of multiple secondary type characters from the comics that will make up the Mini Avengers teams.

Oh and don't forget the Xmen and their minor team ups as well as the Fantastic 4 also. They are almost all coming in some form.

But you need to know the characters, most are not big names since MCU spewed their wad on the A listers the first go round who have aged now and really can't sell the Super Hero roll. Recasting is possible but they need a bit of time for a Generation to forget what they knew or a new generation to discover it anew.

You say the MCU blew their A-list wad already, but I would never have called Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, or Hawkeye A-list heroes 13 years ago. Hell, GotG was D-list at best! Of the MCU heroes introduced during the Infinity Saga, I would argue the only A-listers before the MCU were Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain America. The MCU is pretty much the ENTIRE reason Iron Man has turned into Marvel's Batman.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:33 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I'll be curious to see how much of this TV stuff is self contained vs how much of it leaks over into the movies. Like will we actually see Walker and Torres in the movies? I tend to think we will but not likely in large roles. But it still be interesting to see how interconnected all this will be.

You say the MCU blew their A-list wad already, but I would never have called Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, or Hawkeye A-list heroes 13 years ago. Hell, GotG was D-list at best! Of the MCU heroes introduced during the Infinity Saga, I would argue the only A-listers before the MCU were Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain America. The MCU is pretty much the ENTIRE reason Iron Man has turned into Marvel's Batman.

Guess you missed the 37 years before that...........
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:29 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:You say the MCU blew their A-list wad already, but I would never have called Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, or Hawkeye A-list heroes 13 years ago. Hell, GotG was D-list at best! Of the MCU heroes introduced during the Infinity Saga, I would argue the only A-listers before the MCU were Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain America. The MCU is pretty much the ENTIRE reason Iron Man has turned into Marvel's Batman.

Iron Man WAS NOT an A-lister. Captain America was originally going to be the first MCU film, until they focus-grouped some kids about which action figures they'd rather play with.

https://screenrant.com/iron-man-first-mcu-movie-toy-sales-reason/

Marvel had sold the rights to all their A-listers. They chose to make an Avengers universe because it was what they had to work with.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:12 pm
  • Thoroughly enjoyed this. I’m not at all surprised or disappointed by the Sharon Carter reveal. I’m more intrigued by its future meaning.

I heard today that they are already preparing to work on Captain America 4 using the show runner from this short series. Can’t wait for it to come out
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:44 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:You say the MCU blew their A-list wad already, but I would never have called Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, or Hawkeye A-list heroes 13 years ago. Hell, GotG was D-list at best! Of the MCU heroes introduced during the Infinity Saga, I would argue the only A-listers before the MCU were Hulk, Spider-Man, and Captain America. The MCU is pretty much the ENTIRE reason Iron Man has turned into Marvel's Batman.

Iron Man WAS NOT an A-lister. Captain America was originally going to be the first MCU film, until they focus-grouped some kids about which action figures they'd rather play with.

Marvel had sold the rights to all their A-listers. They chose to make an Avengers universe because it was what they had to work with.

Pretty sure, Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Fantastic 4, Captain America, were all really popular Comic Books, Lots of cross over between Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, so you can re write history all you want, I was there reading from like 1965 on.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:13 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Pretty sure, Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Fantastic 4, Captain America, were all really popular Comic Books, Lots of cross over between Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, so you can re write history all you want, I was there reading from like 1965 on.

I said Spider-Man, Hulk, and Captain America were A-list. So were the Fantastic Four and X-Men. By the time the MCU launched, the only one Marvel controlled the film rights for was Captain America. Marvel made a deal with Universal to co-produce a Hulk movie (the Ed Norton film) and allow them to use the Hulk in the MCU. They reached a similar deal with Sony for Spider-Man in 2015, only after the MCU was a huge success.

The Avengers WERE A-list... in the 60's and 70's. By the time the first Iron Man film released in 2008, Iron Man was B-list at best. Thor was closer to C-list. They had both been run over by the X-Men in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. And even at Iron Man's height in the early 70's, he was never ANYWHERE near as popular as he's become since RDJ took on the role. 15 years ago, you would've been laughed out of comic con for trying to claim Iron Man was Marvel's Batman. Now it's inarguable.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:43 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

I said Spider-Man, Hulk, and Captain America were A-list. So were the Fantastic Four and X-Men. By the time the MCU launched, the only one Marvel controlled the film rights for was Captain America. Marvel made a deal with Universal to co-produce a Hulk movie (the Ed Norton film) and allow them to use the Hulk in the MCU. They reached a similar deal with Sony for Spider-Man in 2015, only after the MCU was a huge success.

The Avengers WERE A-list... in the 60's and 70's. By the time the first Iron Man film released in 2008, Iron Man was B-list at best. Thor was closer to C-list. They had both been run over by the X-Men in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. And even at Iron Man's height in the early 70's, he was never ANYWHERE near as popular as he's become since RDJ took on the role. 15 years ago, you would've been laughed out of comic con for trying to claim Iron Man was Marvel's Batman. Now it's inarguable.

Stan Lee had always held Iron man in high regard as a major force in Marvel, he was an executive producer, the Iron Man comics were very A list, you have to look at the history. Not just the films. Lee was a driving force behind a lot of it.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information