Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your top 10 most fun movies to watch.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Your top 10 most fun movies to watch.
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:36 pm
  • You know, your comfort movies. The movies that are a ton of fun to watch with people who have already seen it. They aren't ranked by how great they are, but how fun to watch. This is my own, in no way scientific, list:

10. Hot Fuzz
    9. Die Hard
    8. Get Shorty
    7. Blazing Saddles
    6. Airplane!
    5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    4. Back to the Future
    3. The Princess Bride
    2. Galaxy Quest
    1. Big Trouble in Little China

What are yours?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• You left out 'Monty Python's Meaning of Life' and Weird Al's movie 'UHF"... Along with 'Heartbreak Ridge'. My list would delete 'The Princess Bride' (being the father of daughters when it came out, I've probably seen it 100,000 times) and maybe a couple of others that I haven't seen but if I did maybe they would stay. I would have included 'Hacksaw Ridge' but every time I see that movie my PTSD acts up and I have to numb myself with bourbon. It sucks that it's such a great movie and so I go ahead watch if it's on TV. I've never seen another movie where everyone in the theater is silent and rapt through the credits, and when the lights come on they give the movie a standing ovation. I'm having a reaction right now just typing these words.

edit: Maybe I'm talking about "favorite movies" instead of "most fun movies".
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Re: Your top 10 most fun movies to watch.
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:You left out 'Monty Python's Meaning of Life' and Weird Al's movie 'UHF"... Along with 'Heartbreak Ridge'. My list would delete 'The Princess Bride' (being the father of daughters when it came out, I've probably seen it 100,000 times) and maybe a couple of others that I haven't seen but if I did maybe they would stay. I would have included 'Hacksaw Ridge' but every time I see that movie my PTSD acts up and I have to numb myself with bourbon. It sucks that it's such a great movie and so I go ahead watch if it's on TV. I've never seen another movie where everyone in the theater is silent and rapt through the credits, and when the lights come on they give the movie a standing ovation. I'm having a reaction right now just typing these words.

edit: Maybe I'm talking about "favorite movies" instead of "most fun movies".

Yeah... I have trouble calling either Heartbreak Ridge or Hacksaw Ridge fun. My list is not my favorite movies, that's a very different list.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:23 pm
  • Sorry not a Top 10 at the moment but one movie comes right to mind. I am not claiming that this movie ranks as one of the greatest or anything like that. In fact, I can think of dozens of more "quality" movies given several parameters, but I am hard pressed to think of a movie that was more fun, and more funny to watch with friends who agreed with me than What About Bob?

I have never belly laughed more through a movie than I have watching What About Bob? and I can personally attest that several of my friends would say the same thing about themselves.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:42 pm
  • Scott Pilgrim
    Kick-Ass
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Lebowski
    Snatch
    Step Brothers
    Ghostbusters
    Run Ronnie Run
    Nacho Libre
    Kung Pow!

Off the top of my head. A few of those I haven't seen in a long time but there were periods where they would almost play on a loop. And I could probably list 10 more if I thought a little longer about it.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

• Space Balls
    Office Space
    Tropic Thunder
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information