Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March Madness - RC F-16 VS Basketball Hoop

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
March Madness - RC F-16 VS Basketball Hoop
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:46 pm
  • Leave it up to me to slam dunk an F-16 into a basketball hoop. Nothin’ but net baby!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Oops! Any way you can salvage that?
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Nah, I already have someone who is going to pick the carcass up for cash. :lol:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• So Todd (commiserations, BTW) in RIP-ing your beautiful F-16, can I ask how much it will cost to replace her, if you choose to do so?

Was it a gust of wind or something that caused you to crash, did something malfunction, or was it just simply an accident? Hope you don't mind me asking - you're obviously a very experienced and expert pilot of a high-performance RC aircraft!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Aussie Seahawk wrote:So Todd (commiserations, BTW) in RIP-ing your beautiful F-16, can I ask how much it will cost to replace her, if you choose to do so?

Thanks friend, she already was busted up a bit from another crash, er, "Tree Incident" but obviously repaired well enough to fly, I mean crash again, lol....Not including radio, battery and receiver, a brand new Freewing 90mm F-16 runs $550 US.

Aussie Seahawk wrote:Was it a gust of wind or something that caused you to crash, did something malfunction, or was it just simply an accident?

Well, it was windy and while I think it didn't help, in the end if I am being perfectly honest I was in a poor visual position for landing which created a landing attempt angle that met her fate. It was not a good weather day to fly that high approach into that parking lot. Many times I've flown that same flight path but it's not the first pole or obstruction I've hit. You think I would finally smarten up and go find a better place to fly, lol.

Aussie Seahawk wrote:Hope you don't mind me asking - you're obviously a very experienced and expert pilot of a high-performance RC aircraft!

Nah, I only play one on TV! :lol: :P
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When something like this happens, how upsetting is it for you, scale of 1-10?
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

• LargentFan wrote:When something like this happens, how upsetting is it for you, scale of 1-10?

My anger is directly proportional to a few factors. How new is it? Is it the maiden flight? Was it pristine or had it been crashed before? How much do I have invested in it? How many flights do I have in it? If it's a brand new model in pristine condition it's a level 8 to 10. Definitely a 10 if it's an expensive model.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information