Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inguinal hernia surgery--anyone have this?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I'm told that 1 in 5 men have this condition. SO does and his work knows, so he has a surgical consult today. The hernia is not reduceable (i.e. it can't be manually "pushed up" into the abdomen, not even temporarily, so the surgery will probably happen next week.

So to anyone who got it fixed...what'd you need in the first 24-48? Did frozen peas and Vicodin do it in that time frame or are we talking doing more hand rails around the house and things like this?

Also, how long did it take for you to get your full-duty (not light duty) work note? SO works in trades and will pretty much need the full-duty note to come back.

Thanks in advance.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Wife has a umbilical Hernia, can't be pushed back in, she has a mass the size of a softball and they are trying to do surgery. Will use robotics to put a mesh lining in the wall, incision about 1 and a half inches. They are saying it's a out patient surgery and will send her home after.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Wife has a umbilical Hernia, can't be pushed back in, she has a mass the size of a softball and they are trying to do surgery. Will use robotics to put a mesh lining in the wall, incision about 1 and a half inches. They are saying it's a out patient surgery and will send her home after.

Wow. Those hernias are more complicated in general. I knew someone whose part of those mesh lawsuits now, so he'll definitely be asking how much of that will be in his body permanently.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information