Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inguinal hernia surgery--anyone have this?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I'm told that 1 in 5 men have this condition. SO does and his work knows, so he has a surgical consult today. The hernia is not reduceable (i.e. it can't be manually "pushed up" into the abdomen, not even temporarily, so the surgery will probably happen next week.

So to anyone who got it fixed...what'd you need in the first 24-48? Did frozen peas and Vicodin do it in that time frame or are we talking doing more hand rails around the house and things like this?

Also, how long did it take for you to get your full-duty (not light duty) work note? SO works in trades and will pretty much need the full-duty note to come back.

Thanks in advance.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Wife has a umbilical Hernia, can't be pushed back in, she has a mass the size of a softball and they are trying to do surgery. Will use robotics to put a mesh lining in the wall, incision about 1 and a half inches. They are saying it's a out patient surgery and will send her home after.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Wife has a umbilical Hernia, can't be pushed back in, she has a mass the size of a softball and they are trying to do surgery. Will use robotics to put a mesh lining in the wall, incision about 1 and a half inches. They are saying it's a out patient surgery and will send her home after.

Wow. Those hernias are more complicated in general. I knew someone whose part of those mesh lawsuits now, so he'll definitely be asking how much of that will be in his body permanently.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• I did not...repeat did NOT have a hernia surgery. But what I did have was a bulge in the L1/S5 area which is in the area of the left leg nerve bundle. The leg bundles go to the opposite leg as far as nerve bundles. I got an MRI and we looked at it on 9/11/2001. For some reason I know that date....hmm. I ended up getting the surgery to remove the bulge which was because I was working too hard on my negative side of my body. The negative side of my body is the left side as my strong side is the right side. Some kids need help a lot. So I ended up pinching my nerve on that side. And I used to golf too and was golfing when my body finally broke down. I had the other team axin me to get in their cart...But I was in the Air Force and manned up.....until the end of that round..then I cried like a baby. Now...I got the surgery and it was a success but they put in some X bandages in and I was not sure about the rules on cleaning. So a week or so later I saw some $h!t in the back bandage (you should be able to keep an eye on it) and it was messy and I went back in to take care of the infection. A few weeks later I was better and later that next year I was in Alaska working and the next season golfing like normal....with only one exception....my game got better....45 handicap to 43 handicap. I felt great. :P
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information