Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP B J Thomas...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
RIP B J Thomas...
Sun May 30, 2021 6:11 am
  • https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/29/entertai ... index.html

B.J. Thomas, 'Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head' singer, dies at age 78

(CNN)B.J. Thomas, whose smooth voice made him a country and pop crossover success, died Saturday of complications from lung cancer, his publicist said. He was 78.

Thomas first came to prominence with a cover of the Hank Williams standard "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," spending 13 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1966. Two years later, he broke into the Top 5 with "Hooked on a Feeling," a song written by his childhood friend, Mark James.

A movie soundtrack propelled Thomas to superstardom in 1970. He was chosen to perform the Burt Bacharach and Hal David number "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" for the film "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," punctuating a memorable scene in which Paul Newman and Katharine Ross ride a bicycle together. It was Thomas' first No. 1 hit.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: RIP B J Thomas...
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:43 pm
  • Saw him in the 80s with Janie Fricke at College of Idaho gymnasium. They have a name for it but I have forgotten it. Jewett Auditorium...oops braincells are surprising me again. I helped set up the stage and tear down. So I saw them for free. THey were pretty good that I recall.

R.I.P.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:35 pm
  • Really was a great but underrated singer. As well as that over in a great person who turned his life around after drugs and alcohol abuse.
    Passepartout
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:14 am
  • I saw him in the early 1980s. I recall he had become a big Christian but he never seemed obnoxious about it.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information