10-6 will be enough to win the NFC West this year

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2p12i0ti said:
gremlin":2p12i0ti said:
No way this team wins 10. I'd say 6-10 more likely...

We've had a 4th quarter lead in every game so far. Bottom feeder teams don't do that. This is a team with one huge problem (4th quarter meltdowns), IF they can get that fixed, a playoff run is not out of the question

^Easy to overlook this detail^

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
FLhawkfan":4ifz3af4 said:
Sorry, but the Pack is going to be much better than 10-6. Looking at their schedule, 14-2 is a lot more likely.

NFC West . . . I agree we have no chance to surpass the Packers in the NFC.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Vpk0718":6bv8c62x said:
gremlin":6bv8c62x said:

We've had a 4th quarter lead in every game so far. Bottom feeder teams don't do that. This is a team with one huge problem (4th quarter meltdowns), IF they can get that fixed, a playoff run is not out of the question

If we didnt melt down the last 2 weeks we would have a 4-2 record and have same record as Cards

ringless

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":32cke8ez said:
Vpk0718":32cke8ez said:
gremlin":32cke8ez said:

If we didnt melt down the last 2 weeks we would have a 4-2 record and have same record as Cards

Yes but the same can be said for the Cards. Thats why its a game of inches. The Cards could just as easily be 6-0 using that logic.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Tough losses, for sure. And, the team isn't right. The Defense seriously needs to work on covering the TE seam route.

My biggest concern is just getting and staying healthy. This is still a team that has potential to knock off very good teams. They may end up needing some help to get into the tournament, but they'll likely get it. All they can do is "take it one game at a time" and try to get more W's. But, only 4 losses thus far. The 1994 and 95 Lions started 2-4 and made the playoffs. The 1992 Chargers started 0-4 and made the playoffs.

I'm still holding out hope the Hawks can fix the problems that are causing these unbelievable collapses and get on a hot streak late in the season. Like the chemistry developing between RW and Jimmy. Like to see that chemistry REALLY take off in the Red Zone! I sort of like the idea of a possibly hungrier and ticked-off team getting into the playoffs this season that is fighting for their lives vs. the team that is expected to win because they have a great record and home field.

Take it easy on yourselves this week, fellow .netters and Hawks fans. Still have 10 key games to play. If they don't make the playoffs, think of the problems they may actually fix and the higher draft picks that could help re-tool a team that could rebound quickly.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009 ... tory/?_r=0

Love this team during the best and worst of times.

Go Hawks.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":12pm07c8 said:
randomation":12pm07c8 said:
Silentwander":12pm07c8 said:
I hope so as long as Cary Williams don't keep giving big plays up. Now other teams attack him because they know his weakness. It is only 4th quarter that concern me mostly.

Whole Seahawks team has to do better for 4th quarter from now if they want to get in for playoff.

Except Sherm was the one who got beat multiple times today including for the game winning TD.

There's a lot of truth in the above post. Sherman cost the team today.

Sherman was the only one in the right coverage on the winning touchdown. I believe Earl said it in the locker room

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ringless":sc6k0glp said:
WilsonMVP":sc6k0glp said:
Vpk0718":sc6k0glp said:
gremlin":sc6k0glp said:

Yes but the same can be said for the Cards. Thats why its a game of inches. The Cards could just as easily be 6-0 using that logic.
Strange things can happen with a lot of football left to be played. So, as it stands, the Cardinals have just a 2 game lead in the division. Is that correct? Just checkin'.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":11eqbs1d said:
WilsonMVP":11eqbs1d said:
Vpk0718":11eqbs1d said:
gremlin":11eqbs1d said:

Today's loss was pretty decisive for the Cardinals. Seahawks have not lost by more than 10 points since November 6, 2011.