10-6 will not be easy and may not be enough

HawkWow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":22btif7r said:
HawkWow":22btif7r said:
Well, maybe not everyone. Let's think about this. I'm unsure of how many members we have here at .net. 5000? Maybe we've been going about this the entirely wrong way. Maybe divide and conquer is actually a double edged sword. Sure the technique has been used against armies for thousands of years, mostly because of religious fanaticism, but what if we divvied this .net army up and maybe like 500 of us devote our attention to any given individual game going forward?

One poster above felt we should focus solely on the Raiders. That would certainly be in line with tradition, but this is no time for that. So let's say he and 499 other posters focus on the Raiders while the rest of us totally ignore that contest (until kick-off). You see where I'm going with this? You've come up with a strategy that I believe may revolutionize the way fanbases back their teams. Do the Cardinals have one iota that 500 of us (2 so far) are looking passed every game on the schedule between now and 12-21, focusing strictly on them? Hell no they don't know! And that's wherein the beauty of your idea lies.

Pure. Frickin. Genius. My. Man.
It's not crazy if it works. Personally I worry about 2 games here on out. Kansas City and Philadelphia because we already are going 4-1 in division the rest of the way.

I like the balance of KC. Excellent team and I've always liked Andy. I also like Philly, I'm a Foles fan though I'm still uncertain about Chip. I like where he's going, but at this point, it seems like he's doing more baffling with bull**** than dazzling with brilliance. I reference this past Sunday's utter melt down.

DBs, for the most part, have IQs just around room temperature, so I blame Chip and his staff for the complete you-know-what up that allowed the Eagles to lose to one-trick Palmer. Who aside from the Philly secondary didn't know Palmer was going to go deep? Unbelievable.

themunn

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1mo0opn3 said:
They lost to the Rams.

The Rams.

So yes, they should have to make up for that. They gave away a free win because the coaches failed them.

I think losing to the Rams pretty much disqualifies you from even thinking you deserve to make the playoffs. Now you have to scratch your way back in. No, 10-6 won't do. You need to win more than you are supposed to in order to make up for the braindead performance in St. Louis.

I guess the Cowboys losing at home to the Redskins and the Niners losing at home to the Bears should preclude them thinking they deserve to make the playoffs, and once you filter out that we've beat Green Bay and Carolina, the only two teams with better records than us/divisional leads are the Lions (who are about to hit their annual "we hate the second half of the season run" (1-6 in 2013, 0-7 in 2012, 4-4 in 2011 after starting 6-2)), the Cardinals (who have a ridiculous schedle going forward), and the Eagles (who we bitchslap every time we play them anyway).

Whether you think we *deserve* to make the playoffs right now doesn't matter. What matters is if you think we *will* make the playoffs, and given our losses came to the 6-2 Cowboys, 6-2 Chargers and the 2-5-but-have-run-the-Eagles-Niners-and-49ers-close-so-they-are-much-better-than-their-record-suggests Rams, I have full confidence that we can close out the season with 7+ wins

RiverDog

Reaction score
10-6 might win the NFC West this season, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Cards are playing well, and things seem to be lining up for them this season. This week, for example, they are catching the Cowboys on a short week with a lame Tony Romo after the Gurls suffered a bad loss to an inferior team.

Not that I'm taking anything for granted, but I'm worried about the KC game. We've very seldom played well in Arrowhead and the Chiefs have a solid, well balanced ball club. We'll need to bring our 'A' game. The effort we put forth against Carolina won't be good enough to win this one. Hopefully the two home games against mediocre teams will allow us time to work out the bugs and get some key players healthy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
StoneCold":b5oskpuu said:
In the voice of Kwai Chang Caine. "It is possible...to both...look ahead...and enjoy each game...as it comes."

While I am speculating about likely outcomes I will still watch each game and enjoy how it all unfolds.

SC
Kinda sounded more like Jim Kirk.

The Thursday game vs SF is going to be tough. Away teams only win 22% of Thursday night games. One advantage we have is we really, really know SF. So the lost prep time won't hurt us so much. Win that game and we take back the loss to the Rams and get back on track. To win this division, however, we pretty much have to sweep the Cards.

seahawksny

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":14o7zesl said:
10-6 might be good enough to get the wild card and travel to N.O. to face the 7-9 Saints.

That sounds familiar

And would not want to go there by any stretch

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2fjphz3v said:
XxXdragonXxX":2fjphz3v said:
10-6 might be good enough to get the wild card and travel to N.O. to face the 7-9 Saints.

Wow, how bizarre would that be?

I would love this as I think we shred them at that time of year. Would be a perfect bookend Season if we could then come home and play GB for the NFCCG. Not sure that's even a possibility, but it is elegant as hell.

SC

marko358

Reaction score
StoneCold":1jb4eiux said:
HawkFan72":1jb4eiux said:
XxXdragonXxX":1jb4eiux said:

I would love this as I think we shred them at that time of year. Would be a perfect bookend Season if we could then come home and play GB for the NFCCG. Not sure that's even a possibility, but it is elegant as hell.

SC

I think the only way we'd play GB at home in that scenario is if they were the other wild card and we either had the same or better record.

Hawks46

Reaction score
10-6 can get us in, but it would depend on which wins.

Sweep AZ and SF and beat STL and we're likely in as divisional champs.

Throw in wins against the Giants and the Eagles, and now we have a damned good conference record. That gives us 7 more wins for a total of 11, so we could drop the Giants game and still be fine.

It's going to start getting a lot tougher for us every time AZ wins. They're 2 games ahead of us right now, and beating a good Cowboys team just propels them farther ahead.

HawkWow

Reaction score
StoneCold":2zppqwme said:
HawkFan72":2zppqwme said:
XxXdragonXxX":2zppqwme said:

SC

It would sure beat the hell out of us traveling to GB (if the Pack puts it together). That game, that place..well I will just say it, I don't think it's a game that will put us in the SB.

Seldom do I buy into the "refs are out to get us" thing, but with Denver the likely (imo) rep for the AFC, Manning vs. Rodgers would be just too much temptation for Goodel's minions to pass up.

IIRC, the last time they met in a SB, it was Favre / Elway in 98 (?) and I believe that was one of the highest rated games in SB history. I also recall that being the infamous game Holmgren let the Broncos score, hoping to get the ball back before time expired. Which doesn't matter here. Just saying.

I know it's a game I'd like to see if we're not in.

Latest posts