11/11 playoff poll

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3ku80lex said:
SeatownJay":3ku80lex said:
So, if Auburn beats Alabama and Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, which one-loss conference champion gets left out of the playoff to make room for a 2-loss SEC champion?

Probably Ohio State.

It still isn't out of the realm of possibility for a 2 loss team to win the Pac 12 and the Big 10, which could open the door for 3 SEC teams in the tournament.

Better pray that Ohio State and Oregon win out.

who is the 3rd team? You still have Baylor and TCU above Auburn and Ole Miss

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1cy6tlhs said:
Seahawks1983":1cy6tlhs said:
SeatownJay":1cy6tlhs said:
So, if Auburn beats Alabama and Ole Miss beats Mississippi State, which one-loss conference champion gets left out of the playoff to make room for a 2-loss SEC champion?

Probably Ohio State.

It still isn't out of the realm of possibility for a 2 loss team to win the Pac 12 and the Big 10, which could open the door for 3 SEC teams in the tournament.

Auburn
Florida State
Alabama
Egg Bowl winner

As for TCU and Baylor, thats a good point. Baylor likely won't lose again, but I expect that TCU will lose to Texas on Thanksgiving night. If Baylor wins out, you will probably get:

Iron Bowl winner
Florida State
Baylor
Egg Bowl winner

The problem is that 2 loss SEC teams are going to default above 2 loss teams from other conferences, which is BS. The Pac 12 South currenlty has more ranked teams than the SEC West.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Auburn has a pretty big hill to climb to get to the playoff. Essentially they would have to beat Alabama and hope for a TCU and Ohio State loss. I dont see a combination of those things happening. It will also be difficult for Mississippi State to get "back" in without one of the conference championship teams losing. Right now, Ohio State seems the only team who would struggle (with that Wisconsin run game). And if Miss. State ends up in with one loss, and Auburn beats Alabama, hard to see Bama in over Miss State or Auburn. (assuming FSU and Oregon win out).

point being. i cant fathom a way 3 SEC teams make it in unless every single one loss (and FSU) all lose a game

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
On a quick side note, Arkansas received Top 25 votes, following their first conference win in 2 years.

sturg78

Reaction score
Screw it, I'm done being angry about the playoff committee's willingness to take the SEC D. I hope Bama and Miss St go into the playoffs at 1 and 3 and I hope neither of them make it out of the first round. The tears would be worth the trip to the south.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":303ug7d7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":303ug7d7 said:
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Fla. St.
4. Miss St.

SEC butt fest never ends.......................

Ding ding. We have a winner. Followed by tcu, Ohio state and Baylor.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11899535

I think #4 is fair for Missississippi State. does anyone disagree? There only loss is to the #3 team, on the road, by a Touchdown?

the interesting them for them is this is all voting. they are going to run out of games soon. One of Alabama or Mississippi State is going to go to the SEC championship. the other team misses out on a game, and presumably another chance to impress the voters.

One of them wont make it to the playoffs, unless all of TCU, Baylor and Ohio State lose a game, or Oregon loses.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2322i3d9 said:
Uncle Si":2322i3d9 said:
Seahawks1983":2322i3d9 said:
SeatownJay":2322i3d9 said:

Probably Ohio State.

Auburn
Florida State
Alabama
Egg Bowl winner

As for TCU and Baylor, thats a good point. Baylor likely won't lose again, but I expect that TCU will lose to Texas on Thanksgiving night. If Baylor wins out, you will probably get:

Iron Bowl winner
Florida State
Baylor
Egg Bowl winner

The problem is that 2 loss SEC teams are going to default above 2 loss teams from other conferences, which is BS. The Pac 12 South currenlty has more ranked teams than the SEC West.

Auburn and Ole Miss have zero chance to get in.

If all hell breaks loose and Bama/Miss State lose their rivalry games.. I think Bama would still get in with that last spot over a 1 loss Ohio State.

At this point it's probably..
Oregon (unless they lose in PAC 12 title)
FSU
TCU/Baylor
SEC Champ

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2tor7lmp said:
Auburn and Ole Miss have zero chance to get in.

If all hell breaks loose and Bama/Miss State lose their rivalry games.. I think Bama would still get in with that last spot over a 1 loss Ohio State.

FSU
TCU/Baylor
SEC Champ

If Bama gets in after losing the Iron Bowl, all hell will break loose.

Even better would be the SEC getting left out completely in that scenario. Pray for that chaos.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2alql17k said:
FSU
TCU/Baylor
SEC Champ

The thing that could change this is ALA/GA in the SEC championship.

Assume GA wins, which could leave ALA with 2 losses.

Miss St could be sitting with 1 loss and would likely stay in top 4 without being SEC Champ.

I'm pulling for TCU, but do think SEC is by far the better conference.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It being the first year of the playoff, dont we want the best teams?

I'd imagine an FSU, Miss. St, Alabama, Oregon final four would be great. Sub Ohio State in for one of the two SEC teams if you want (maybe Baylor)