11-3! Whoo! But Dang Heart Attack Hawks!!

Seymour

Reaction score
11-3 but not elite because of one sub par game against a division opponent is another "valid point"......correct?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":1ntj3slu said:
Appyhawk":1ntj3slu said:
Good point re: Russ. I noticed during Rams game instead of taking off he would study the ground at his feet as though finding the best place to go down. To be sure defenses are pointedly working to keep him contained, but he has passed on his chances for sizable gains. Go figure.

It's the biggest conundrum for me this year. Why isn't Russell Wilson using 1/2 of his God-given talent (legs) this season like he has in year's past? Why is the read option dead in our system? Yes, I get that Carson got 133 yards on the ground and that is fantastic, but I still think we are disabling part of Wilson's repertoire if you will. Sure, he's not going to ankle break defenders with juke moves like Lamar Jackson, but the man still has more than enough ability to frustrate defenses with his legs...And even with Carson's production we are talking about plays that could continue to move the chains instead of punting.

I am the first to admit, my X's and O's IQ is not in the upper range like some. That's why I am wondering if it's a scheme thing or there's factors going on during the game I am simply not seeing which would predicate the game he is playing today versus the game he used to play.

I see what you are saying. I agree with Chris about the OC has changed, so some of the script has changed as well. I also see that he does run/roll out to do some runs as well late in the game. But the pattern is late in the game now. That may be setting up the offense for some stuff in the playoffs that is outside of that pattern.

It could be that we dont want to injure our offensive leader this year and we are heckbent on making sure we dont do that.

One more thought is the fact that I dont see much in the way of a spy keeping an eye on him as much this year. They may have that in mind as well. One thing the spy can do is attack the QB in a blitz package and other packages that Change during the game. The old Didnt expect that did ya thing.

I would expect in the Arizona game for him to do a couple of running Read Option play keepers just to keep the other teams on their toes. Letting the cat out of the bag so to speak about the fact it is still in the playbook and can still be utilized in the future. That will open up play action for the rest of the year as well.

One more thing that I just realized too, Our stall of running backs is really thin at the moment. We have Carson but are weak in other experienced in our system running backs. If we have to use RW in that situation, we dont want it to be consistent that we will as that will be something they can plan for. Keep it low key and they may not plan for it and it will be a shock when it happens when we go empty set. Just my half penny.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
If Wagner doesn't go out, they maybe score once more, but the game wouldn't have gotten to be that close.

John63

Reaction score
Seymour":u0w1n5s0 said:
11-3 but not elite because of one sub par game against a division opponent is another "valid point"......correct?

The realization is for some in this forum no matter how food he plays it will never be good enough, they will always find something to complain about and when they can't they will just make it up like staring at the ground looking for a place to lay down which is probably the stupidest statement ever made. But you know what they say, those that cant get on those who can.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":2ppbsho9 said:
John63":2ppbsho9 said:
Yup Wilson not running as much as some want is why we are only 11-3, and the reason he is not running is because he is looking at the ground to fall down, lol pathetic.

Easy bud. These are valid questions and if you just want to be a smart ass take it somewhere else.
For the lover of God, PLEASE take it somewhere else. Russ plays a pedestrian game last week and you're nowhere to be seen but he plays a good game this week and you ride in in your white knight outfit to rip anyone that YOU perceive is dissing him.

When are you going to follow through on that threat you made a month ago to leave?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
John63":2vyg4v1y said:
Hawkpower":2vyg4v1y said:
John63":2vyg4v1y said:
Aros":2vyg4v1y said:
Easy bud. These are valid questions and if you just want to be a smart ass take it somewhere else.

Really saying he is looking at the ground for a place to fall is valid?

Yes it is.

At times he does.

And at times its the right call as it keeps him from taking big hits.

But it also handcuffs what used to be a bigger part of his game.

Would be nice to have some of that threat back.

And contrary to what you belive Anthony! it is ok to constructively criticize our amazing MVP QB. He's a big boy. He can take it.

Constructive criticsim is one thing making bs up is another. Saying he is looking at the ground to fall on is complete bs.

Get yourself a full uncut copy of the game film.
Don't ignore the action when Wilson is in the pocket with defenders closing in. You'll learn something.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Im confused about Russ and running. He isn't the same speed he was when he was 23. He is visibly slower. He still gets yards but he wont ever be the same guy at running you remember.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2x3i6p7a said:
Im confused about Russ and running. He isn't the same speed he was when he was 23. He is visibly slower. He still gets yards but he wont ever be the same guy at running you remember.
Reflexes start slowing down by a noticeable degree at a younger age than most people realize. (24 years old, on average.)

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0094215

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10fy5g87 said:
Shanegotyou11":10fy5g87 said:
Reflexes start slowing down by a noticeable degree at a younger age than most people realize. (24 years old, on average.)

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0094215
This is a fact..
Also other factors are RW has taken many hits over the years,they take a toll
no matter how it looks and he obviously plays hurt as he never misses a game.
He is never going to be the old RW so get used to this version as he is getting
slower and will not react as fast,I was concerned about this happening 2 or 3
years from this year but it's happening faster than I expected.
It is a very valid reason why I was against the big contract because if he can't
move he will not be worth a bank.
This year earlier he was ok but now you get what Aros is concerned about.
John,I know you will hate this post but at least you can expect it from me :177692:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1oetbwb8 said:
It is a very valid reason why I was against the big contract because if he can't
Disagree completely. He's proven he can operate as a pocket passer and do so with great success. He'll miss an open guy now and then but here's a new flash for folks, all QBs do. What he'll need going forward is an o-line that can pass pro consistently. We saw yesterday for the better part of the day how effective he can be with some time (and Tyler making things better for all the WRs).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3uxoj31h said:
IndyHawk":3uxoj31h said:
Disagree completely. He's proven he can operate as a pocket passer and do so with great success. He'll miss an open guy now and then but here's a new flash for folks, all QBs do. What he'll need going forward is an o-line that can pass pro consistently. We saw yesterday for the better part of the day how effective he can be with some time (and Tyler making things better for all the WRs).
I shouldn't have put it that way because yes he can be a pocket passer when he is doing
quick passes like earlier in year..But I disagree blaming the OL if he's going off script leaving
the pocket.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1qoq2pv3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1qoq2pv3 said:
IndyHawk":1qoq2pv3 said:
I shouldn't have put it that way because yes he can be a pocket passer when he is doing
quick passes like earlier in year..But I disagree blaming the OL if he's going off script leaving
the pocket.
And how many times is he "going off script" or "playing hero ball" as I've also seen it called because the pass pro has broken down? At least half imo. And how many times do we read "all the routes were deep" and that's why we don't see the short passing game at times. And hasn't nearly everyone here said many times that this is the type of offense Pete wants?

Tical is that you?

Look man, I'm not Anthony!/John63, I don't think the guy walks on water. He does on occasion hold the ball too long trying to make a play. As I said, ALL QBs make mistakes and at times have struggles. Check out the game Rodgers had vs. SF this year for example. For you to say you were against the big contract when he's CLEARLY one of the 3 or 4 best QBs in the NFL and on a near certain HOF trajectory and is hugely responsible for this team being 11-3 makes me think you have an anti-Wilson agenda/bias. To me he's totally lived up to the "big contract".

Why is there a segment of Seahawk fans that will never give Wilson his due? Someone with a reasonable outlook please explain this?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":m35dwt4l said:
IndyHawk":m35dwt4l said:
hawksfansinceday1":m35dwt4l said:
IndyHawk":m35dwt4l said:
the pocket.
And how many times is he "going off script" or "playing hero ball" as I've also seen it called because the pass pro has broken down? At least half imo. And how many times do we read "all the routes were deep" and that's why we don't see the short passing game at times. And hasn't nearly everyone here said many times that this is the type of offense Pete wants?

Tical is that you?
Look man, I'm not Anthony!/John63, I don't think the guy walks on water. He does on occasion hold the ball too long trying to make a play. As I said, ALL QBs make mistakes and at times have struggles. Check out the game Rodgers had vs. SF this year for example. For you to say you were against the big contract when he's CLEARLY one of the 3 or 4 best QBs in the NFL and on a near certain HOF trajectory and is hugely responsible for this team being 11-3 makes me think you have an anti-Wilson agenda/bias. To me he's totally lived up to the "big contract".

Why is there a segment of Seahawk fans that will never give Wilson his due? Someone with a reasonable outlook please explain this?
:lol: Lmao on the Tical comp..Thanks man!
You are correct in most of what you say,all I'm going to say at this point is
I want RW to do well but he is a head case to me at times and I think that is
why you have this so called segment.
Maybe we do expect too much,maybe he can't get any better but I think he
can especially if we look at earlier in year.
I was impressed ..I really was and thought he would keep doing it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was nice to see him locked in again. Really was way off in the Rams game.
And the only reason this game ended up as another heart attack was the fact that they had 6 STARTERS OUT the last couple drives. That's way too much to ask for a team to just lock them down with that many guys out.
Oh well, 11-3 and back in the playoffs, yet again. Considering some of the predictions we have seen about the team, this is a blast.

Seymour

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3vjdnnoh said:
:lol: Lmao on the Tical comp..Thanks man!
You are correct in most of what you say,all I'm going to say at this point is
I want RW to do well but he is a head case to me at times and I think that is
why you have this so called segment.

Maybe we do expect too much,maybe he can't get any better but I think he
can especially if we look at earlier in year.
I was impressed ..I really was and thought he would keep doing it.

Some undoubtedly expect too much. How does Wilson stack up to the rest of his "Epic 2012 QB class" one might ask himself for some real perspective?

https://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-luck-2012-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-2019-8

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, being up 30-10 is impressive. They were without: Clowney, Ziggy, Griffin and Kendricks for this game. Then they lose Diggs AND Wags?? That's a ridiculous amount of injuries, and ALL of those guys are starters.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2grk6hkq said:
Head case? Do tell. Just curious what you mean.
Example one...He was doing great throwing quick action passes.
He goes away from that to holding it longer.
I sure don't get why you go away from a strength to a weakness(Headcase)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3m4h3b1r said:
SoulfishHawk":3m4h3b1r said:
Head case? Do tell. Just curious what you mean.
Example one...He was doing great throwing quick action passes.
He goes away from that to holding it longer.
I sure don't get why you go away from a strength to a weakness(Headcase)
And you know this because you've watched the all-22 and because you know what routes Schotty was calling and because you know that there were open WRs short that he didn't throw to every single time?

You're right, not worth that big contract.