12's respond with Letters to the Editor

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there were many more not suitable for print, but here are a couple they did publish.

As a lifelong Seattleite and Seahawks fan, it may come as a surprise to you that I actually agree with the writers of "Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle" (Letters, Sept. 17).

They wrote, "At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface."

Well said. I could not agree more. The writers do seem sour, very sour. Sports do give us a place of joy, community and hope. We Seattleites call that place CenturyLink Field - home of "the 12th Man." We are loud because we are proud of our Seattle Seahawks.

The implementation of nonsense rules, in an attempt to silence the passion we have for our team, would spoil our sports experience, which, as the letter pointed out, "is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface."

So, we will continue to yell it, at the top of our lungs - even with our last dying breath: Go Hawks!

And if it's too loud for you, there's always golf.

Chris Miles, Seattle

Cheering in the seats is sporting

Obviously the writers of the letter "Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle" have no real concept of home field advantage. To tell fans that they cannot cheer for their team above a certain decibel level is like telling children they can only eat one piece of candy every day after Halloween.

Seattle has a huge fan base, and when there is a team worth cheering, we do. Maybe those writers should watch chess matches if they need quiet to enjoy the game.

Michele Abbott, Seattle

Football noise: Bring it on

In response to the letter "Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle," I would first like to say thank you for tuning into the game. And, secondly for caring about the safety of everyone involved because of the decibel level.

As a proud Seattle fan, I sincerely apologize for the level of support our team has and that our fans are loud. We do our best to make our city a happy place by being loud and passionate fans.

Noise at a game is quite different than drugs or concussions for players, as it truly enhances the game and experience for all involved. I invite all 49ers fans to break the record when the Seahawks come to play in San Francisco. While Seattle fans agree the league needs to protect players, quieting fans isn't the way to go. I suggest banning alcohol for the safety of the fans and players as well. Also maybe the weather should be banned, because rain could make everyone wet and/or slip and fall. If any of these suggestions work, I'm sure the 49ers would happily help.

Again thanks for watching the game, Seattle loves you, we really do.

Jacob Landsberg, Mukilteo, Wash.

Good job, 12's!

Latest posts