12th Man Crowd Noise Tips for Monday Night ...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hey Fellow 12's.

This is obviously a HUGE game coming up Monday Night and since we know the Hawks themselves will be ready to go ... I just wanted to re-visit something that might prove useful in making the 12th Man's effectiveness in this game all that much greater.

For those who never saw this the first time around (and for those who did and might need a reminder), Matt Hasselbeck produced this little How To/When To video for the Colts fans regarding crowd noise. He gives specific instructions on exactly WHEN to get loud ... and just how much that can truly affect the effectiveness of a given play. If you've not seen it, go ahead and click the link below ...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/...-Holders/f2e4a7db-b1d3-4611-9cad-1f3ad7da949c

So, just prior to the snap is a naturally a good time to get loud, as that can help induce false starts. BUT, there are even BETTER times to be at max volume. They are ...

1) When the play is being called in from the sideline. You see that QB having his hands up over the earholes of his helmet, THAT's one time to scream your freaking lungs out because the play is getting called in from the coaching staff.

2) IN THE HUDDLE. If the QB is trying to communicate the play to the rest of the team ... and one of 2 members (say WR's) hear a DIFFERENT play and run the wrong route, the play can easily be busted, which can lead to sacks, turnovers, etc.

I just wanted to remind those who are going to the game about this ... as perhaps you can help instruct your section and the people around you of the importance of getting loud at key times.

I know with Guinness being at the game, I don't think there's going to be much more motivation needed for Monday Night. I was just trying to think of ways to give the Seahawks and the 12th Man every advantage possible in this game.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2403agvg said:
10:30 pm....I cannot get the video to play.....or even load.

Weird. That link was working for me just yesterday. Hmmm ... interesting. I don't know what to make of that. Well, if the Colts have taken it down finally for some reason, what I said in the initial post is exactly what Hasselbeck said about when to get loud.

jkitsune

Reaction score
And remember.... before EVERY kickoff...

Slow clap it out.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
When it gets really loud, hold up an empty beer cup in the palm of your hand and it frickin' rattles in your hand just from the noise!
Kind of freaky!

Bullmeister

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":hg96mp54 said:
For those who never saw this the first time around (and for those who did and might need a reminder), Matt Hasselbeck produced this little How To/When To video for the Colts fans regarding crowd noise. He gives specific instructions on exactly WHEN to get loud ... and just how much that can truly affect the effectiveness of a given play. If you've not seen it, go ahead and click the link below ...

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/...-Holders/f2e4a7db-b1d3-4611-9cad-1f3ad7da949c

Ah the memories of Hasselbeck under centre for the Seahawks, still got his jersey from 2005...that video shows all the good personable qualities I liked about him....I hope he retires a Seahawk and gets to raise the 12th man flag one day.

muxpux

Reaction score
ive always wondered why the crowd waits till the other team lines up. i know its harsh going full throat pre huddle as well, but hearing the snap count is one thing, making it difficult to hear the play call is just as good.

dunceface

Reaction score
if you can whistle loudly, DO IT! higher pitched sounds travel further... #themoreyoulouder

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If you're not sure when to be loud feel free to give your tickets to somebody who does understand this simple, basic concept.

:salute:

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2oaoovf0 said:
If you're not sure when to be loud feel free to give your tickets to somebody who does understand this simple, basic concept.

Just trying my best to educate the masses. ;)

Video link to Hasselbeck's Message (on the link I posted above) is working again today ...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hasselbeck will definitely have a career as a color broadcaster or analyst. I miss the guy and he will always be one of my favorite Seahawks. I am so happy and feel blessed to have Wilson and I know he will be taking us to the Promised Land but that doesn't mean I don't miss Hasselbeck in terms of his personality. Hope nothing but the best for "Matthew" (as Raibs always called him endearingly).

mikeak

Reaction score
This is why the 12th man Titans thing is a joke. They need instructional videos....

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ewyco64n said:

Too true. And I see you are a fan of the 1980-81 Saints. Go Bagheads!

jhawk91

Reaction score
It's the ram rules all over again haha, saaaaaaaack!!!

On a side note, it's still very weird to me to see Hass wearing another teams colors. Hopefully he comes back in some capacity for us one day and also can go in our ring of honor where he belongs

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1839sp3s said:
Zebulon Dak":1839sp3s said:

Too true. And I see you are a fan of the 1980-81 Saints. Go Bagheads!

Always been a Saints supporter. My favorite 2 Saints teams were Mora/Hebert and Haslett/Brooks. Those were both really fun teams.

GO HAWKS!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jhawk91":3gqv24vq said:
It's the ram rules all over again haha, saaaaaaaack!!!

On a side note, it's still very weird to me to see Hass wearing another teams colors. Hopefully he comes back in some capacity for us one day and also can go in our ring of honor where he belongs

God, I can watch that a hundred times and it never gets old.

It's weird for me to see Hass in another team's flare as well. Just part of the business. I would love to see Hass back in some capacity for us someday. I still remember well the day I met him. It was just me and him and nobody else around...It was right around the time that Dilfer was the man as Hass had been struggling. They were showing off the new stadium to fans back in 2002 and I was just about to leave, standing by myself in the lower bowl, charter seat section when he walked up to me.

"What do you think?" Hass said. I told him I was blown away. What an incredible stadium we now had. We talked about the stadium and then it turned to talk about Boston and then I told him that we fans had his back and not to worry. We knew it was just a matter of time before he became our starting QB. He thanked me but I could tell he seemed a little down by the current situation. He was kind, thoughtful, funny and TALL! (Well hell, I'm Wilson's height).

We spoke for about 5 minutes and the closest fans were about 300 feet away and I knew they didn't notice I was talking to Hasselbeck.

I digress. Sorry, went on a tangent there. Just always loved the guy.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Sorry folks, but I get a bit rubbed raw when I read recommendations from those at home telling those in attendance when and how loud to rock out during the game.

Go ahead, stand in front of your TV and for the next 3 and a half hours scream @ pretty much every play on D the rest of the game. Real loud, your best.

Written after having a couple of drinks while watching SNF.