2 Questions on the game.

Zap90

Reaction score
3rd and 1, if this was 2019, we would had Fant in the game and run the ball.

Why not add an extra OL like Jamacro, and run the dam ball?

2nd question for Carson, should he had run for the 1st down? I thought it was a dumb decision to stop for 6 yards, since the 2 min warning was coming after that play.

getnasty

Reaction score
Zap90":39qzj43f said:

2nd question for Carson, should he had run for the 1st down? I thought it was a dumb decision to stop for 6 yards, since the 2 min warning was coming after that play.

I think there gonna put the ball in Russell's hands more and let him make plays which isn't a bad thing but we'll have learn to stomach play like the 3rd and 1 from time to time.

I definitely thought Carson should have tried to get a couple of more yards oppose to going down but who knows how it all turns out.

TypeSly

Reaction score
I was so pissed, until the last play. Why would we go deep on 3rd and 1???

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I was more pissed Carson took a dive on 1st down than I was at the 3rd and 1 bomb. Guys miss passes, but that was a boneheaded play by Carson.

OP
OP
Z

Zap90

Reaction score
getnasty":1o7h7tm5 said:
Zap90":1o7h7tm5 said:

I think there gonna put the ball in Russell's hands more and let him make plays which isn't a bad thing but we'll have learn to stomach play like the 3rd and 1 from time to time.

I definitely thought Carson should have tried to get a couple of more yards oppose to going down but who knows how it all turns out.

They can let Russ cook, or giving him the ball by running play action, or let him run for the first down. If he did get stopped, at least they would have to burn a timeout. That incomplete pass by RW stopped the clock, and patriots saved their TO.

OP
OP
Z

Zap90

Reaction score
Seanhawk":enxn83zo said:
I was more pissed Carson took a dive on 1st down than I was at the 3rd and 1 bomb. Guys miss passes, but that was a boneheaded play by Carson.

2nd and 6 doesn't make sense. 2nd and 1 does make sense.

If it was 2nd and 1, would take 2 plays to run for a first down and make the patriots use 2 time outs. and the odds of getting the first down is huge.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Zap90":ebxg5jle said:
getnasty":ebxg5jle said:
Zap90":ebxg5jle said:

They can let Russ cook, or giving him the ball by running play action, or let him run for the first down. If he did get stopped, at least they would have to burn a timeout. That incomplete pass by RW stopped the clock, and patriots saved their TO.

Okay a short pass completion... but why go deep?? That's retarded.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Even Russ can learn lessons. He needs to know that our D sucks and he needs to win games by giving them as little time as possible to give up the lead.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
@type how about you get a thesaurus and find a different word.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":38tj1ele said:
@type how about you get a thesaurus and find a different word.

Sorry sir, am I not being PC enough? It was a "stupid " or "not very smart" call. You're right, I agree. I apologize.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
1.) I was worried that Pete was going to get cute there and throw it when he called timeout. And they did, which was so predictable. They did the same thing last year in the playoffs vs the Eagles and it worked. Tonight it didn't work, but thankfully they still won. Otherwise that decision would've been a much bigger deal.

2.) I agreed with Carson getting down when he did. Should he have tried to cut up field and look for someone to hit? Yes. But it was the safe play.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1sz9p8v8 said:
1.) I was worried that Pete was going to get cute there and throw it when he called timeout. And they did, which was so predictable. They did the same thing last year in the playoffs vs the Eagles and it worked. Tonight it didn't work, but thankfully they still won. Otherwise that decision would've been a much bigger deal.

2.) I agreed with Carson getting down when he did. Should he have tried to cut up field and look for someone to hit? Yes. But it was the safe play.

It would have been the smart play, if it was AFTER the 2-minute warning. It makes no sense, because he's essentially saving the Patriots and extra time-out. He could have either tried to get the first down, or at least try and get it to the 2-minute mark. I jus thought it was brain-fart, but not a big deal...

kf3339

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1pqgy5xw said:

I was pissed by his decision as well. Not sure what his reasoning was at that time.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
kf3339":3gy448og said:
Seanhawk":3gy448og said:

I was pissed by his decision as well. Not sure what his reasoning was at that time.
I'd much rather have guys make the decision to stay in bounds late in the game. It's a better default than running out of bounds late. It would've been better for him to get as many yards as possible or get the first down. That specific scenario, while not super rare, doesn't happen as often as generally just trying to keep the clock moving. It's one level above being football savvy that I would expect only the really sharp players to get right more often than not. I would bet most guys would make that mistake without maybe the QB getting in their ear about that specific scenario in the huddle before the play.

John63

Reaction score
So let's look at alot of things ,

1 Carson should NOT have gone down. A single cut up field gets more yards and keeps him in the field of play.

2 as PC said they loaded the box so running made no sense.

3 horrible snap wasted time

4 o line allowed near instant pressure.

All that said. Olsen cost us 7 points.

Of course for those that thought we should run it, if we did and failed you would be conplaing anyway.

All that said I would have preferred a roll out giving Wilson more options. Of course the bad snap would have made that irrelevant.

The fact remains we should not have been in that position but for Olsen. And oline that can't pass block or stay penalty semi free and a defense that struggled some today and needs a pass rush.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Here's the thing...
While simply thinking of 3 and 1 we think run. Easy 1st down. Problem with that is defense thinks the same. Reason we stopped cam and won tonight at the goal line. You begin thinking how to bet that mind set... oh give to wilson and let him run or dump it off for easy guranteed first down. Problem with that is defense thinks of what your secondary and third options can do.

Get over it. We won. Lost in that instance, but overall nevermind. I was for sure with less than 20 seconds and completion at the 2 and goal we would lose because our d showed we couldnt stop cam on obvious run with 3 seconds. I was wrong!! We did!!! When it counted.

HHawk121

Reaction score
That throw and catch is pretty much indefensible and I'm assuming they have the timing dialed in, making it a pretty high % play. If he gets a good snap and .5 a second more protection, that is an absolute dagger through New England's heart and also a great big billboard message to the league that dropping 8 in the box on a 3rd and short will leave a mark.

Latest posts