2013 projected Russell Wilson stats

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
volsunghawk":18eppjoo said:
FlyingGreg":18eppjoo said:
NinerBuff":18eppjoo said:
depending on the health of Harvin, they have an average to slightly above average receiving corp

Hah...that's not accurate. Even without Harvin, I'll put Sidney Rice-Golden Tate-Doug Baldwin up against any other three WR combo in the league outside of Atlanta. And then who knows with rookie Chris Harper added to the mix.

I think you meant the 49ers are "average to slightly average", especially without Crabtree. :3:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Our corps last year didn't put up big numbers because we passed fewer times than pretty much anyone in the league. But what Rice and Tate did with their catches was huge. With Rice/Tate/Baldwin, the Seahawks have a very solid, above average group. With a healthy Harvin, they become one of the 3 best WR corps in the league.

Yep, exactly. People love to go to stats first....our WRs are not going to have huge numbers, so you have to look below the surface.

Rice and Tate were HUGE last season, in clutch situations. I expect a big season from Baldwin this year also, relative to his opportunities of course.

Harvin in the mix makes the group lethal. Just for comparison, Crabtree had 9 TDs for the Niners last season, the next highest was a tight end (Davis) with 5. With far fewer opportunities for catches, Rice and Tate alone combined for 14 TDs.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
volsunghawk":26xb6qct said:
FlyingGreg":26xb6qct said:
NinerBuff":26xb6qct said:
depending on the health of Harvin, they have an average to slightly above average receiving corp

Hah...that's not accurate. Even without Harvin, I'll put Sidney Rice-Golden Tate-Doug Baldwin up against any other three WR combo in the league outside of Atlanta. And then who knows with rookie Chris Harper added to the mix.

I think you meant the 49ers are "average to slightly average", especially without Crabtree. :3:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Our corps last year didn't put up big numbers because we passed fewer times than pretty much anyone in the league. But what Rice and Tate did with their catches was huge. With Rice/Tate/Baldwin, the Seahawks have a very solid, above average group. With a healthy Harvin, they become one of the 3 best WR corps in the league.

If you ask any non-Seahawk fan, I think they'd agree that the Seahawks receiving corp is pretty average without Harvin, and good with him...

NFC Teams ranked receiving corps (including TE):
1. ATL
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. DET
5. TB
6. NO
7. ARI
8. CHI
9. SEA
10. GB
11. STL
12. SF
13. PHI
14. CAR
15. WAS
16. MIN

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
NinerBuff":18z4txfl said:
If you ask any non-Seahawk fan, I think they'd agree that the Seahawks receiving corp is pretty average without Harvin, and good with him...

1. ATL
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. DET
5. TB
6. NO
7. ARI
8. CHI
9. SEA
10. GB
11. STL
12. SF
13. PHI
14. CAR
15. WAS
16. MIN

Rankings are meaningless. What the players actually do within our offense is the only thing that are mattters.

Without Harvin, our offense was a juggernaut down the stretch last season - including pulling the 49ers vaunted defense pants down and spanking them in front of a national audience. We returned everyone and are getting James Carpenter back at guard, and our offense had a full off-season together and we know who are QB is (unlike going into last season).

Harvin makes the offense elite ... mostly because of the versatility and unpredictability. But anyone thinking this offense isn't going to be exceptional without him is living in a fairy tale.

And oh by the way, the assumption that Harvin is going to miss significant time is premature and also wishful thinking for opponents (at this point). We don't know anything yet other than conjecture and knee jerk reactions.

No matter what, the loss of Harvin is nowhere near as damaging to the Seahawks as the loss of Crabtree is to the 49ers offense.

And just for fun, no way are the Dallas, Detroit, Arizona or Chicago WR corps higher than the Seahawks. They are all one trick ponies (Bryant, Megatron, Fitz and Marshall respectively) with fillers.

Decimation

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pfoin3x said:
NinerBuff":1pfoin3x said:

1. ATL
2. NYG
3. DAL
4. DET
5. TB
6. NO
7. ARI
8. CHI
9. SEA
10. GB
11. STL
12. SF
13. PHI
14. CAR
15. WAS
16. MIN

Rankings are meaningless. What the players actually do within our offense is the only thing that are mattters.

Without Harvin, our offense was a juggernaut down the stretch last season - including pulling the 49ers vaunted defense pants down and spanking them in front of a national audience. We returned everyone and are getting James Carpenter back at guard, and our offense had a full off-season together and we know who are QB is (unlike going into last season).

Harvin makes the offense elite ... mostly because of the versatility and unpredictability. But anyone thinking this offense isn't going to be exceptional without him is living in a fairy tale.

And oh by the way, the assumption that Harvin is going to miss significant time is premature and also wishful thinking for opponents (at this point). We don't know anything yet other than conjecture and knee jerk reactions.

No matter what, the loss of Harvin is nowhere near as damging to the Seahawks as the loss of Crabtree is to the 49ers offense.
I like your thinking man. I'm optimistic about our team w/ or w/o Harvin. We have some amazing depth on this team and hopefully all of this Harvin injury crap is just overblown.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":3ocl46zn said:
400WattHPSHawk":3ocl46zn said:
bestfightstory":3ocl46zn said:
And the only Russell Wilson stat that will matter is 18-0 at home and 1-0 in Super Bowl play.

Just a minor correction. CORRECT.

So we get to play every game at the Clink? Me likey likey

8-0 last year is in his 18-0 number

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":335fjpxx said:
FlyingGreg":335fjpxx said:
NinerBuff":335fjpxx said:

per FO, last season our three WR's were already top 6.

Combined DYAR of the top 3 WR's for each team:

Thomas/Decker/Stokely 1013
Cobb/Jones/Nelson 857
Moore/Colston/Morgan 832
White/Jones/Douglas 628
Floyd/Alexander/Meachem 593
Rice/Tate/Baldwin 556

SF, btw, had 474 combined DYAR with Crabtree accounting for 332 of those points.

I'd also like to point out that Harvin's DYAR was lower than Baldwin's in both of the past two seasons.

HereToRead

Reaction score
What numbers would be considered a disappointment of a season?
What numbers would be minimum for a successful season?