2014 Triple Crown Races

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3mar0sbx said:
Bo Derek told them to mount their horses. I like that :shock:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Hmm, it's a little awkward when a 90 yo former model says that. But hey she looked good when Moses was tapping that ass.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2st198z9 said:
So what are the results?

California Chrome wins and has a chance to be the first horse since Affirmed in 1978 to win the 3 races.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largent80":3qtgex4q said:
MizzouHawkGal":3qtgex4q said:
So what are the results?

California Chrome wins and has a chance to be the first horse since Affirmed in 1978 to win the 3 races.
Very cool. 36 years since the last Triple Crown winner. That would be an awesome accomplishment.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I think we will finally see a Triple Crown winner (the first since Affirmed) this Saturday. CC looks awesome and even put on weight after the Preakness.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I will post the free past performances when they become available. Most likely later today or Friday.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am so excited for this!! I can't wait to watch it. :)

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I will say this after watching and being involved with racing and horses since I was 6, I have never seen a horse coming into a race like California Chrome . He has put on over 20 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks....(roids?)...hahahaha

racing is policed very well.

Regardless. Bet the farm on CC. Or do a tri or superfecta with longshots underneath.

California Chrome, a SB win......ahhhhhhhhh....... :179417:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Ok, for underneath Chrome....

#1 Medal count, had tons of trouble in the Derby and has trained out of his gourd since then.

#5 Ride on Curlin certainly kept pressure on CC in the Preakness

#9 Wicked Strong, had a few excuses in the Derby, skipped the Preakness, and may be fresh.

#8 Commissioner held his ground for 3 calls on a sloppy Belmont track in last.

Bottom line is I am boxing 1-2 5-9.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":3ou0xl4k said:
Sickening, ugh. Feels like when Zenyatta lost the Classic.
I hear ya, but there is a reason why it rarely happens, and with the last race of it being that much longer than the rest is the real killer.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
This may explain why Chrome ran 4th, amazing he ran at all, it happened in the starting gate.

OBm6obt

pmedic920

Reaction score
Largent80":1h89dphj said:
This may explain why Chrome ran 4th, amazing he ran at all, it happened in the starting gate.

OBm6obt

Back in my younger under 140 lb days, I exercised a few race horses.
There is no doubt in " my mind" that this effected his trip.
I haven't heard at what point in the race they think it happened but the sooner it happened the more "I think" it effected him.
I will add this. I am in full agreement that a horse should have to run all 3 races to be eligible for any of them.
Wait. What I mean is they should have to run in each of the previous races.
You know what I mean, right.
Assuming the starting gate, Id be willing to bet, had Espinoza been aware of the injury he would have pulled up and not run Chrome at all.
My opinion only guys.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2qewao1q said:
Largent80":2qewao1q said:

OBm6obt

Back in my younger under 140 lb days, I exercised a few race horses.
There is no doubt in " my mind" that this effected his trip.
I haven't heard at what point in the race they think it happened but the sooner it happened the more "I think" it effected him.
I will add this. I am in full agreement that a horse should have to run all 3 races to be eligible for any of them.
Wait. What I mean is they should have to run in each of the previous races.
You know what I mean, right.
Assuming the starting gate, Id be willing to bet, had Espinoza been aware of the injury he would have pulled up and not run Chrome at all.
My opinion only guys.

I totally agree 100%. these "fresh" horses have been training while the other competitors are racing. Even if Chromes leg wasn't the cause of his performance, the other horses should have to meet certain requirements IMO. From what they said on DRF.com, the horse next to him stepped on his hoof.

pmedic920

Reaction score
That's not a real common injury, if that's what in fact happened but it's not unheard of.
I still think Espinoza would have pulled up, had he been aware of the injury.
Personally I would have rather seen that happen, then to see him get beat with the injury.
Horses like him have so much heart and will try to compete no matter what.
It saddens me to think about him giving his all, and being competitive with a bad wheel. I won't say that he would have won but nobody can say he would not have.
We will never know and I hate it. I had zero at stake but I love a great horse and he is one.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thank you for the pic guys. I have rolled the contemplation in my head a lot. There should be qualifiers at the very least to run in the race. If they meet the qualifier, then they can race. Issues with sinus infections and all, and I dont wanna run a race or even walk it for heck sake. One of the horsies had issues with an infection, that would make it that he is still qualified to race in the second and third races. I had not horse in this either as I decided not to throw bones on this run. But, if they have qualifiers, and those are met, Race on. :thirishdrinkers: