2017 Hawks Schedule-Woohoo No Panthers game!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":2cy5o5gx said:
sutz":2cy5o5gx said:
Hawkfan509":2cy5o5gx said:
Besides the division games of course , How do they decide the home and away part of the schedule?
Seems somewhat arbitrary
It's actually a rotation. It's explained on the NFL website somewhere. I don't have a link myself, but most of the schedule is pre-loaded, except for the actual dates, which get decided after the SB and announced around the draft.

I understand how the teams are decided it's just the home/away thing I don't get
If it's a rotation then how do we play in Green Bay for the 3rd straight year?

Sometimes it's the conference rotation, other time it's where you finish in the Division. The match-ups with other division same place finishers ALSO rotates, which is why you get these weird steaks sometimes.

For instance, we are playing the whole NFC East next season, by rotation. 2 home, 2 away. We are also playing same place finisher NFC North (GB) and NFC South (ATL). It just so happens that rotation is @ NFC North and vs NFC South. Falcons have to come to C Link in back to back seasons.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkerD":27fyux0u said:
Seahawk Sailor":27fyux0u said:
At first blush, that looks like a really great schedule. Green Bay and maybe New York are the only ones that look worrisome now. Of course, everything all changes with a new season.

You must still be hung over. I don't see a single game that I have confidence we will win. OK maybe Jax but that is it. Unless SEA extensively upgrades the OL, every game next season is a dice roll.

You're probably right. After five seasons of 10+ wins each, we'll probably be lucky to win two games next year. Zero decent players on the team. And we won't do a thing about fixing any of the problems like offensive line.

FlyingGreg":27fyux0u said:
Seahawk Sailor":27fyux0u said:
At first blush, that looks like a really great schedule. Green Bay and maybe New York are the only ones that look worrisome now. Of course, everything all changes with a new season.

Tennessee on the road is going to be tough.

Of course the Cardinals games as well.

Tennessee has been a perennial .500 team at best for years now. That is a game we can and should win.

And of course, division games are what they are. I didn't note any of the division games because we know exactly what they are already. Always tougher than they should be.

themunn

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":6p0margz said:
I understand how the teams are decided it's just the home/away thing I don't get
If it's a rotation then how do we play in Green Bay for the 3rd straight year?

It's still on a rotation.

So in 2015 we played the Packers away as part of the NFC North rotation. Then in 2016 the second and fourth placed teams in the NFCW played on the road against their NFCN opponents and the 1st and third played at home. In 2017 the 1st and 3rd NFCW teams will play on the road and 2nd and 4th at home.

So basically it's because we both came 2nd then both came 1st in our divisions, the home/away is the same in both years. In 2018 we will play them at home regardless as it's back to the NFCN rotation.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
yikes potentially 5 10 am starts. But with the names, GB, Dallas NY atleast, real possibilities for SNF/MNF or atleast Americas Game of the week at 1:25.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Already talking w/my wife about another road trip, been awhile. I'm thinking New York, Dallas or Jacksonville.