2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's said he really likes the group he has got here now. But totally agree, seem very odd there hasn't been a single transaction since the transactions that brought in Marcelias Sutton and put Adam Choice on IR via waived injured route.

Perhaps JS is worn out after converting 4 draft picks into 11? Maybe the team is waiting for the franchise tag signing period to end? Maybe a trade in the works?

Still am hoping that once the pads go on the team will find an adequate pass rush from the the defensive front,or the team makes another edge rush acquisition.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting!

If 'Tuba' is better than each of the new additions then the team fielded will be an improvement over that projected. if nothing else he brings a well know dimension to the DLine and is a good locker room guy as well. Is he better than the new additions the team added this offseason? I don't know but for sure he'd bring competition to the mix and could establish at least a baseline to measure each of the guys added.

Is he better than Al Woods, Demarcus Christmas, Jay-Tee Tiuili, Jamie Meder, Bryan Mone? I'd say so if he is again healthy.

The team thought enough of him to give him a pretty nice contract after his one year trial ended but then cut him and were forced to eat some dead cap $ for his guarantee for 2 years. That was done during the foolish or unlucky period that began with McDowell's costly failed acquisition that necessitated the additionally unsuccessful and hugely expensive Richardson trade.

The team interest is indicative that they think he could be better than several of the big dudes they have here now. This could be a smart move.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1151597744936505344[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1151596943992188928[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We will see these players later in the season/preseason.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap,

Am updated.

The team will need to make a corresponding roster move to keep the number of the roster at 90.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3l681fbx said:
Thanks Kitsap,

Am updated.

The team will need to make a corresponding roster move to keep the number of the roster at 90.

I am sure someone has a sprained toe somewhere for a few days so they can look at these guys.

Jville

Reaction score
"Seattle also added Daniel Williams, a receiver who went undrafted out of Jackson State in 2017."

"The Seahawks waived a pair of undrafted rookies who signed earlier this year in order to make room on the 90-man roster, running back Marcelias Sutton and cornerback Derrek Thomas."

"The Seahawks also placed safety Lano Hill on the physically unable to perform list, and receiver Caleb Scott on the non-football injury list."

Per John Boyle >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-make-roster-moves-prior-to-start-of-training-camp[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, am updated now to the present state of my knowledge. Am missing some player numbers for the new additions and the contract numbers for Mitchell.

There are not as many walking wounded as I thought there might be to start camp.

Great news on the availability of Ziggy!

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condotta is reporting that SS- Marquise Blair and OLB- Ben Burr-Kirven are very close to returning from PUP.

Jville

Reaction score
2019 Seahawks Training Camp Schedule ....... six weeks worth of dates.

I don't know if you want to add this in whole or as a link on page 1 of the thread. But, here is the link for your consideration >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/2019-seahawks-training-camp-schedule/[/urltargetblank] your

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, I've included the link with the list of dates.

Much appreciated!