2020 Defense could be Legendary

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":iih4beh0 said:
Oh, there going to be legendary alright. :lol: :lol:

Worst in NFL History...

Maybe Im wrong but its my impression that you think its a matter of scheme... I would like to know how you would do things differently with 2 hurt corners...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bring in 2 corners off the street and get Earl Thomas back.

Earl was great at making corners look better than they are.

He could flip off Carroll all he wanted if he made the defense better.

And it would almost be mathematically impossible for him not to make the defense better. Hard to get worse than 'worst of all time'.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wknilk9 said:

And it would almost be mathematically impossible for him not to make the defense better. Hard to get worse than 'worst of all time'.

Only problem with this is that Earl Thomas would never come back to play for Pete Carroll no matter how much he was offered.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Really?

I would think that someone with such a high opinion of himself, that also tends to hold grudges, would squeal with delight at the opportunity to be the one that has to come in to save 'The Great Pete Carroll'.

For someone that wanted so badly to prove everyone wrong, that would be his opportunity.

If he came in, and literally turned the defense around, from worst in the history of football ever to exist, to decent - or even good? He shows everyone his greatness. He proves Carroll wrong. And SOMEONE next year likely immediately signs him to a contract. And if he was not already cemented into the HOF? He would be then.

And despite the issues with some blown coverages, he has a history of making cornerbacks look better than they are. Even with the loss of some speed, he is going to be better/faster than Diggs out there.

If you want to improve this defense and you have middling corners, you get Earl Thomas.

And I bet if you framed it in a way that allows Earl to preen and call everyone out that doubted him, while giving him zero risk if it went wrong (since they are already the worst ever) - you could probably get him. Maybe bring him in with Kris Richard to be the go-between so he doesn't have to talk to Carroll.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't want to see the expired talent of Thomas back on the team.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Legendarily BAD.

Chawker":3emz2e5a said:
This defensive team is just getting warmed up. We have the best defensive leader in the whole NFL in Bobby Wagner who knows a thing or two about defensive alinements.

Our front seven has been great against the run, and with the latest addition of Carlos Dunlap and the soon to be making his debut with the Seahawks, number 58 Darrell Taylor. _

Now, couple this with a very good secondary and the return of Jamal Adams and we have the perfect storm brewing.

I've always said, "defenses wins you championship" Bring it home boys!

Cheers Chawker :0190l:

Fade

Reaction score
Chawker":z5m7ue3i said:
Ok, I changed it back. But, my optimism isn't.

Sumting gotta give, we are getting healther. Are guys should be doing better then the way they are playing. :white_flag:

Thanks for changing the title back.

It is too good of a thread title to let it go to waste.

I will definitely be posting in this thread for the rest of the season. :2thumbs:

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":12hqr54y said:
Maybe Im wrong but its my impression that you think its a matter of scheme... I would like to know how you would do things differently with 2 hurt corners...
They are poorly coached, and schemed. I am going to bury you with breakdown, after breakdown. Week after week, for the rest of the season. Enjoy. :D
[tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1326763930765709315[/tweet]
It's like this nearly every week Brett. Welcome to my world.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This Buffalo game is proof positive that DC- Norton is out of ideas to fix a demonstrably weak D, or a least presently in over his head.

Serious change needs to occur.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This Buffalo game is proof positive that DC- Norton is out of ideas to fix a demonstrably weak D, or a least presently in over his head.

Serious change needs to occur.

PNW

Reaction score
Fade":161t9o75 said:
LTH":161t9o75 said:
They are poorly coached, and schemed. I am going to bury you with breakdown, after breakdown. Week after week, for the rest of the season. Enjoy. :D
[tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1326763930765709315[/tweet]
It's like this nearly every week Brett. Welcome to my world.
Is Brett by chance looking for a DC job??? Hahaha

Fade

Reaction score
PNW":3iqvy23b said:
Is Brett by chance looking for a DC job??? Hahaha

Pete Carroll, and his staff are out of touch, and are falling quickly behind. A shakeup needs to occur.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1326918637060456448[/tweet]

PNW

Reaction score
Wow, just wow......I have no words Pete is proving he’s becoming delusional

uniform

Reaction score
We are going to make the playoffs either division leaders, if we beat the Cardinals. The only other thing we would need is help , just a few big mistakes by LA. So even if LA is tops in the division. We are still sitting pretty if we are healthy , tuned up ready to come up for air, then you watch we are going all the way to the Superbowl. Jamal , Bobby, KJ , Diggs, a surprise appearance of a hard hitting PD making fast inspired rookie Jordyn Brooks , Ryan Neal , Cody Barton, whatever DE comes up with some game changing sacks fumbles ect..... , Dunlop , Griffin , Flowers, plus any other PS player who inspires during the week before game time. Couple that with a ground control RB Committee hungry , healthy inspired. Led by the legendary QB Russell Wilson. The rest is destiny, history. One for the ages. I believe.

TypeSly

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1zrlfvo0 said:

Don't forget Kam! With those two safety's we never had a bad CB, because they only had to cover their man in a small lane of the field. Think about it... No receivers ever came up the middle of the backfield confidently. They either had to deal with a flying missile (Earl) or a steaming freight train (Kam). Not to mention 3 deadly LB's ahead of them. God, I miss those days *sigh*

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Brett Kollman's tweet was good.

His whole video on this terrible Seahawk defense was very solid. I do not disagree with his findings.

It ain't the lack of pass rush.

It is our strategy, tactics, and execution in the secondary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1N5t_xrujo

And terrible adjustments (or none) all game long.

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":eedvna0h said:
Brett Kollman's tweet was good.

His whole video on this terrible Seahawk defense was very solid. I do not disagree with his findings.

It ain't the lack of pass rush.

It is our strategy, tactics, and execution in the secondary.

[youtube]S1N5t_xrujo[/youtube]

And terrible adjustments (or none) all game long.
fix'd

Conclusive video evidence, that proves it a coaching, scheme, and coverage issue.

Fun Fact: In this video I learned that they make every opposing QB look better than 2013 Peyton Manning. :shock: That's a real special kind of incompetent.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1328802691649310723[/tweet]
This's what the top scoring defense in the NFL look like in the box. Ameba look, with light, fast athletes. You don't know who is coming, what gap they are attacking, and who is dropping. They are the anti-Seahawks. Soak it in. It is a stark contrast.

This is the new trend, what I've been mentioning. You can't play defense straight up anymore, and declare what you're doing. The rules are too heavily favored for offenses. You have to, fool, surprise, confuse, trick, rush offenses into mistakes.

The Seahawks run the most predictable defense in the NFL. It needs to be blown up.

The Seahawks could build a defense like this with Adams, Brooks, Robinson, add some more speed at 5T & 3T, but will they?

Latest posts