2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

JS is combing through the castoff piles to find guys who can incrementally improve the team.

Here's a WIKI on this player, who's combine numbers were quite respectable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pita_Taumoepenu

-2nd best combine numbers for a LB
-good short area quickness but lacking size.
-6th rd. pick of the Digits

They are looking for pure edge rushers to add situationally. Likely ultimately a PS player to begin with, but a player who could have some abilities. This is their response to the Ngoukwe signing by the Vikes. He was part of the team to start this offseason and is now back.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap speedy as ever :2thumbs:

Will update on Jackson but will hold off on the WR as that signing still seems speculative. Given the source it seems likely, but until it is announced I will hold off.

Unfortunately this likely means there is problem with the WR group to the FO.

Wonder where things are with the league office and Gordon?

Updated.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3pivpm74 said:
OC- Justin Britt visiting again and being worked out along with DE/DT- Damontre Moore.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -seahawks/

I expect a Britt signing on a friendly contract and then possibly to a sideling situation while he gets through the rest of his needed rehab.

He could be signed after the year starts and stashed on IR pending his return too playing strength. That's my guess.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure starting to look that way, for sure.

The team will struggle through using Pocic or Finney until Britt is ready to rock which will likely be at mid-season. Think the team has regretted cutting Britt but both know it was a pure cap only deal.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Various sources including Rapport and Condotta are reporting the team has signed or at least come to terms with two players.

WR- Josh Gordon, who is signed to a 1 year $1 mil deal with likely conduct guarantees. Other sources including his agent are reporting he has been reinstated by the NFL form his latest drug related suspension. Let's hope this time it's the charm and he finally can display his immense potential here and avoid any more suspensions.

DE/DT- Damontre Moore, who seems to be the replacement for Jackson who is on IR.

At present it is unknown who the corresponding players to be released are going to be. it is shaping up to be a very busy few days for JS/PC in picking the 53 man roster and 16 man PS.

NOTE
I have included Gordon on the 80 man roster even though there has been no official announcement of the ending of his suspension. The numbers exceed 80 at present.

Correction, he's on the suspended list.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"NOTE
I have included Gordon on the 80 man roster even though there has been no official announcement of the ending of his suspension. The numbers exceed 80 at present."
We have taken on a lot of ground burger that is easily cut to make room for the prime steak we sign now.

I LOVE the way things are taking shape for us now.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
True!

Examining all the position groups the DLine is the only area where there are arguable potential concerns.

In the end the building of a team depends upon many factors, often availability and price outweigh many other factors, truly though talent should be the ultimate decider. Richardson even if only partly healthy is better than Moore and a sober and Gordon is a potential All Pro plus he offers a dimension and size that makes it necessary to cover him leaves more open field for the others.

I am now particularly interested in what happens with Britt b/c the Oline would be significantly stronger with him added back.

There will undoubtedly be more addition action with the DLine. I'm curious.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Appy!!!

I'm on the road at the moment and just stopped for a few minutes.

Will update late tonight.

Given the cuts I can't see the team being done by a long way.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
My big road trip was Thursday and I'm not over it yet!
Happy to see J Gordon still on the protected list. Bummed Clowney appears headed to Titans, but hoping we can find a top shelf DT in the next few days. If not I still think we're set up in pretty good order, barring injuries.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Got a new puppy today, a cutie pie.

Just got to the hotel, going to be an interesting night.

Here's another source: https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... man-roster

A look at the roster certainly raises some areas of concern where they will need to add depth.

Updated now.

These are the guys:

Seahawks released/waived:
FB Nick Bellore,
WR Paul Richardson,
OT Tommy Champion,
DT Demarcus Christmas,
QB Danny Etling,
WR Aaron Fuller,
QB Anthony Gordon,
LB Shaquem Griffin,
WR Penny Hart,
DB Gavin Heslop,
DT P.J. Johnson,
WR Lance Lenoir,
TE Tyler Mabry,
DB Chris Miller,
DB Ryan Neal,
DB Debione Renfro,
DB Jayson Stanley,
TE Stephen Sullivan,
WR Cody Thompson,
OT Chad Wheeler,
DE- Cedric Latimore.

Am a bit bummed about Griffin but he was clearly on the bubble. Sure wish Clowney had signed here for $12-15 mil./yr. but there must be some no franchise tag stipulation type catch to his 1 yr. deal. Many of these players will be back on the PS. There are a few surprises and several those close to being cut may still find themselves gone before the season starts. Doubt JS is done yet. There are a few head scratchers in terms of positional numbers.

Am wonder where the beef is for the interior DLine? JS Is never done.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1302689259560685568[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1302698561826512896[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1302710474568396800[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

On the final leg home, will update tonight.

Sucks for Linden Stephens, but if he clears waivers, he’ll be back on the PS. Most of the guys the we all thought would be back are back though, several will be on the 53 before the end of the season.

Still doesn’t look like JS is done to me.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
These are the guys I know to be on the PS. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. I've used the .com site and various media reports like Fieldgulls.

1. OLB- Shaquem Griffin
2. DE- Cedrick Latimore
3. WR- Aaron Fuller
4. WR- Penny Hart
5. OT- Tommy Champion
6. QB- Danny Etling
7. CB- Gavin Heslop
8. WR- Lance Lenoir
9. TE- Tyler Mabry
10. FS- Ryan Neal
11. CB- Jayson Stanley
12. WR/TE- Stephen Sullivan
13. WR- Cody Thompson
14. OT- Chad Wheeler
15. DT- Anthony Rush

There were two roster moves today as well CB- Linden Stephens was waived and the team claimed DE- D'Andre Walker of waivers from the Titans.

Still don't think the team is done yet.

Up to date.