#3 RW on Dancing with the Stars???

dbmack

Reaction score
minormillikin":2edhtjhm said:
Hawk_Nation":2edhtjhm said:
Sherman would be my choice for DWTS.

This I could see happening.
Derrick Coleman would be a good story on the show (they like contestants with a *story*) and I can see them going after Malcolm too because of the MVP of the Super Bowl thing. I think Richard is too big of a *star* for them but he does have the Compton to Stanford story line. They really really do like to have story lines for the week they use that as a theme.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think all the publicity is great for RW. Just as long as he doesn't become Apollo Creed.

There are a lot of hungry players out there. I hope he can walk the line. Because it is very fine. He managed things well at the Super Bowl. Which makes me believe he will.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
korboko":jorv2owc said:
I rather see Russell in one of those Japanese game show. Seriously, have you seen those?

Jeez, I die laughing from stuff like that! Last fall I got to see some Ukrainian game shows, same thing. American shows are tame by comparison.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
HawkWow":wnjog2n5 said:
Rocket":wnjog2n5 said:
He's gonna be wealthy well beyond football revenue.

And possibly burn himself out in the process. I'm not as excited about all this extracurricular as some. I still believe RW hit something of a wall this past season and without the league's #1 D, it's likely we are still without a Lombardi.

That is not a knock on RW. I love his energy and IF he hit a wall, considering the beatings he took, it would be explainable....and excusable. But I sincerely hope he doesn't continue down this path of "no time to sleep". Been there, done that (and certainly at a lesser level than RW) and understand that wall jumps out from nowhere and drains you without remorse.

I'd like to see RW continue refining his role as QB. Screw all the other stuff for now. The money is pouring in, he's a kid and has plenty of time ahead of him for networking, dancing and politicking. IMO.

Hit a wall? He had a 100+ season passer rating. Manning did not accomplish that until his seventh year in the league. Brady not until his 8th.

Good god I remember your stupid sky is falling act during the season. And the stupidity continues.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":c2ordzgx said:
I love Wilson but, he's hit my RG3 of this offseason status with me.
That's seems a bit over the top but to each their own. I would love to see Sherman on there. He has the personality for it.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Guys...the obvious Seahawk for DWTS is CLEARLY Mebane, I mean, look at this

[youtube]L51eNaR8Iz8[/youtube]

joeseahawks

Reaction score
From ESPN:
Russell Wilson is well-known for his moves in the pocket, but he apparently has turned down the opportunity to showcase his skills on the dance floor.

Wilson revealed in a recent interview with Access Hollywood that he has declined multiple opportunities to compete on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

"I have been invited, twice actually," Wilson told Access Hollywood. "After my rookie year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars,' and then after this year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars.'"

Wilson acknowledged that although he is a fan of the show and hopes to participate at some point, he currently wants to focus on his career with the reigning Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2wzcemqt said:
From ESPN:
Russell Wilson is well-known for his moves in the pocket, but he apparently has turned down the opportunity to showcase his skills on the dance floor.

Wilson revealed in a recent interview with Access Hollywood that he has declined multiple opportunities to compete on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

"I have been invited, twice actually," Wilson told Access Hollywood. "After my rookie year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars,' and then after this year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars.'"

Wilson acknowledged that although he is a fan of the show and hopes to participate at some point, he currently wants to focus on his career with the reigning Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

In the article I posted a link to, he is quoted saying he's going to do it.

u7e6egyb.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2aq1f695 said:
CALIHAWK1":2aq1f695 said:
That's seems a bit over the top but to each their own. I would love to see Sherman on there. He has the personality for it.

What I meant was last year I ripped RG3 because he was here, there, on commercials, doing this and all I thought was, Im glad our QB is more like Manning. There were also many others on here as well. Pointing out Kap and RG3 as opposed to Luck and Russ being for the most part under the radar in the offseason. I would actually bring it up in conbersations with people. Now RW is RG3 of this offseason. I still like him. I also get winning the SB obligates you for certain things. However, I dont recall Flaco this much. FWIW this actually came up on radio as well so Im not the only one that had noticed. Dont get me wrong Im not one of the morons questioning his commitment to the team.

As far as Sherm doing DWTS? I dont watch and I dont care. He is a CB not an active QB. He would be voted off by the first or second round anyway because outside of Seattle, from people that watch nonsense like that cant stand him. Right or wrong.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Why are fans so selfish?
They don't want players to enjoy themselves after a tough long season, where they won lots of games and the ultimate price.
They don't want players to market themselves and profit financially and personally from the fruit of their work.
Our players are NOT robots. They are human being. They need to represent the league and themselves by doing interviews, even in other aspects of life. They need to prepare for life after football, which nobody knows when it will start. They need to enjoy themselves after the season.
Some fans want to own the players lives. They want them to do the things they (fans) like ... or whatever.
Russell, Richard, Pete and all those guys should do whatever they want to do ... they have earned it. They have worked hard for it. They have sacrificed for it. Good for them.
If Russell wants to do DWTS, I would say Go for it. If Russell wants to be on Oprah, I would say Go for it. If Russell wants to be on espn, nfl network, ... whatever ... I would say: Go for it .. and enjoy and network as much as possible.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What's wrong with players doing interviews in the off season? Because we see someone doing interview, commercials or be on the TV-Shows we don't like, we assume they have a bad work ethic. We even wish them to fail at a show, because we don't care about the show? What type of selfishness is this? Why do we want to OWN player's lives? It is their lives, it is NOT ours. I wish them all the success in whatever they want to do outside of football.
Why are we demanding players act like robots and focus on football 24 hours a day 365 days a year?
This ownership attitude is really annoying.
They gave us everything they got last season. They worked hard. They didn't only beat the other teams , they embarrassed them. They humiliated them, because they were so f*** prepared and ready.
Let's respect them, as they are men and not kids.
I have enjoyed getting to know all these guys as they have made the rounds of various TV shows. See them outside of football, know what drives them, motivates them, know what they want to do after football or what they do when they aren't playing football. This is nice. This is refreshing.
CALIHAWK1":1anenogj said:
Never said they shouldnt enjoy themselves.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I actually think for being the quarterback of the Superbowl winning team Wilson has been quite low key. Maybe it's because I don't live in the PNW but you hear nothing about him unless you tune into NFLN or football specific shows and even then it's not often.

dbmack

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1nak8byp said:
MizzouHawkGal":1nak8byp said:
CALIHAWK1":1nak8byp said:

What I meant was last year I ripped RG3 because he was here, there, on commercials, doing this and all I thought was, Im glad our QB is more like Manning. There were also many others on here as well. Pointing out Kap and RG3 as opposed to Luck and Russ being for the most part under the radar in the offseason. I would actually bring it up in conbersations with people. Now RW is RG3 of this offseason. I still like him. I also get winning the SB obligates you for certain things. However, I dont recall Flaco this much. FWIW this actually came up on radio as well so Im not the only one that had noticed. Dont get me wrong Im not one of the morons questioning his commitment to the team.

As far as Sherm doing DWTS? I dont watch and I dont care. He is a CB not an active QB. He would be voted off by the first or second round anyway because outside of Seattle, from people that watch nonsense like that cant stand him. Right or wrong.
Sherman would not be voted off in the first or second round if he has any moves at all. Fans of the show will change how they feel about someone based on how they act on the show and how much chemistry they have with their partner. I have watched since Season 4 and I have seen a lot of celebs go further than anyone thought they would based on those two criteria.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sherman is articulate, charming and intelligent. That's a great formula for success on that show. I do watch it and know what fans of the show like. If he has any moves he would go far.

Latest posts