49ers at Ravens, 10am East Coast, Let the Mayhem Begin!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":1av3xdew said:
RolandDeschain":1av3xdew said:
If Lamar keeps running as recklessly as he has been all season, there's a realistic chance that a 49er might end his season.

I want the 49ers to lose, but if they do win, I hope it's off of a terrible performance by Lamar so the media stops anointing him the Lord of Football and already handing him the MVP trophy. He's heading straight for RGKnee territory if he doesn't start protecting himself.
“My QB isn’t having the world kneel before him so I must hate others that do”
Your statement reveals more about yourself than me. Would YOU want Russell taking all those hits? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'm thankful when Russell runs and slides, which he does on virtually all of his runs.

Lamar Jackson is playing recklessly with his body and taking full advantage of it. It won't last, long-term. He might get away with it for another year, maybe two, but not more than that. (This is assuming he keeps taking hits on nearly every run he does.)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xjf1ltn said:
ClutchDJ":2xjf1ltn said:
RolandDeschain":2xjf1ltn said:
If Lamar keeps running as recklessly as he has been all season, there's a realistic chance that a 49er might end his season.

I want the 49ers to lose, but if they do win, I hope it's off of a terrible performance by Lamar so the media stops anointing him the Lord of Football and already handing him the MVP trophy. He's heading straight for RGKnee territory if he doesn't start protecting himself.
Your statement reveals more about yourself than me. Would YOU want Russell taking all those hits? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'm thankful when Russell runs and slides, which he does on virtually all of his runs.

Lamar Jackson is playing recklessly with his body and taking full advantage of it. It won't last, long-term. He might get away with it for another year, maybe two, but not more than that. (This is assuming he keeps taking hits on nearly every run he does.)

I have to agree. Remember the epic plays with legs Russ used to do? We're lucky he can still do them after getting hurt.

QBs can't rely on those for more than two, three years. Well Vick is an exception, but in addition to his physicality, he got a multiyear timeout outside the NFL.

But who knows. We could be entering the era where the life of a QB, from PS to retirement, will be shorter than that of a cell phone.

Washington49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":a8bltzh2 said:
ClutchDJ":a8bltzh2 said:
RolandDeschain":a8bltzh2 said:

And he's doing it for league minimum. If he gets a big injury they'll drop him so fast it will make his head spin. LJ is falling for all the hype and not looking at long term.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good point. LJ at league minimum is making a LOT of money for the league.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you. I am in Vegas. I put money on the Ravens.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":34meki9q said:
I have to agree. Remember the epic plays with legs Russ used to do? We're lucky he can still do them after getting hurt.

QBs can't rely on those for more than two, three years. Well Vick is an exception, but in addition to his physicality, he got a multiyear timeout outside the NFL.

But who knows. We could be entering the era where the life of a QB, from PS to retirement, will be shorter than that of a cell phone.
Russ? You mean RGKnee?

seahawksny

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":3oo3pz93 said:
RolandDeschain":3oo3pz93 said:

Irresistible force vs immovable object?

Is that Gorilla Monsoon in WM3? Hogan vs Andre?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well tough game so far. This looks like a SB preview. SF is the dominant defense. Baltimore is more balanced. But both are playing physical tough football that travels in the post season well.

James in PA

Reaction score
NINERS LOSE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ouch.

Niners have now lost their only two games of the season on last second field goals to the top two contenders for the NFL MVP.

Niners seemed to figure something out defending Lamar running late in the game tho. I hope they get another crack at him. He only threw for 105.

This is gonna come down to the wire in NFC West. I’d wish ya’ll good luck but I’d be lyin. Lol. I hope for no injuries, but go Vikings. Really not all that comfortable counting on Kirk Cousins. Lol.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":3g2du4rv said:
.....Niners seemed to figure something out defending Lamar running late in the game tho.....

This is gonna come down to the wire in NFC West.......
Agree and agree.
Be interesting to see what Buffalo does against Lamar next week cuz it sure did look like your team found a way. As for throwing for 105, yeah but wet, heavy balls (LOL). Jimmy barely over 160 right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":9ej1faqr said:
Marvin49":9ej1faqr said:
.....Niners seemed to figure something out defending Lamar running late in the game tho.....

Agree and agree.
Be interesting to see what Buffalo does against Lamar next week cuz it sure did look like your team found a way. As for throwing for 105, yeah but wet, heavy balls (LOL). Jimmy barely over 160 right?
Weather took the long passing game away for the most part.
Take away the TD where Peters did his best Tedric Thompson impersonation at the goal line on 4th and 2, and GQ is barely over 100 yards, and the game doesn’t come down to a last second FG.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2buaaphi said:
Marvin49":2buaaphi said:

Agree and agree.

You are correct RE passing, but Niners currently allowing 136 yards passing per game. I have a feeling that his a little to do with it as well. :)

If Niners play them again, weather likely not nearly the same issue. A LOT has to happen tho for them to earn that shot.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":23q16857 said:
hawksfansinceday1":23q16857 said:
Marvin49":23q16857 said:

Agree and agree.

You are correct RE passing, but Niners currently allowing 136 yards passing per game. I have a feeling that his a little to do with it as well. :)

If Niners play them again, weather likely not nearly the same issue. A LOT has to happen tho for them to earn that shot.
For Baltimore too. Their D is average making them vulnerable to KC and no doubt NE will have plenty to say in the AFC as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wet field will take away a lot of Jacksons ability to accelerate and cut as well as the receiving corps, defense just has to box him in and converge more instead of trying to catch up to him. Makes a difference for a guy that runs like he does, saying that he still has an advantage knowing where he is going to go.

We need to take care of our business or it's not worth anything.