49ers injury news prior to week 17

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/12/28 ... or-week-17

According to this, Kyle said Aiyuk and Justin Willis have high ankles, Trent Williams has an elbow. Justin Skule and Tavarius Moore are is day to day. Sherm is out and Garappolo all but out.

And apparently they need another long-snapper too.

Especially in light of this, last thing I want is for Hawks to step off the gas as there is a possibility (maybe not a great one but one nonetheless) that we get the No. 1 seed. They're playing their SB and that's it so I anticipate that regardless of all this they bring it and will be less than a compliant opponent.

Transcript here: https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... -seahawks/

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3muahxpx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JohnPGilbertNFL/status/1343734447401820161[/tweet]

Wow. Bortles and someone who's never taken an nfl snap against an untested rookie and Brett Hundley if Kyler Murray can't go. I thought the 9ers were dysfunctional at the QB position with Beathard and Rosen.

At this point I'd prefer having the Rams and maybe then the Cards over the Bucs and even Bears if this situation persists. I'm not sure even WFT would have been for us an easier game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I agree with SCH the 49ers will be *absolutely* non-compliant and will not roll over for the Hawks. Niners are a proud team with a lot of talented warriors who will bring it ALL and leave it ALL on the field against the Hawks. But for the Niners injury riddled season, we could easily be looking at a winner-take-all division title game in week 17.

First order of business is for the Hawks D to NOT make CJ Beathard look like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. We made that Nick Mullins character seem like Brady and Montana rolled into one. Shanahan will come in with a plan to expose our D and will pull out all the stops.

Hawks will need to bring their A game to this one.

P.S. Thank you, Niners, for this DJ Reed cornerback dude. After waiting out his injury, he's been *awesome* for us!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":2rlm8mgx said:
I agree with SCH the 49ers will be *absolutely* non-compliant and will not roll over for the Hawks. Niners are a proud team with a lot of talented warriors who will bring it ALL and leave it ALL on the field against the Hawks. But for the Niners injury riddled season, we could easily be looking at a winner-take-all division title game in week 17.

First order of business is for the Hawks D to NOT make CJ Beathard look like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. We made that Nick Mullins character seem like Brady and Montana rolled into one. Shanahan will come in with a plan to expose our D and will pull out all the stops.

P.S. Thank you, Niners, for this DJ Reed cornerback dude. After waiting out his injury, he's been *awesome* for us!
Everyone knows Shanny doesn’t roll over in games unless it’s the 4th quarter of a super bowl. 8)

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":r0movx55 said:

OTOH, let's say we play 'em fair and square and lose in a close one, say 23-27. Fan sentiment (and Jed sentiment) will be to lock up CJB as QB2 and maybe with a raw developmental project somewhere on the PS. Which means that if JimmyG is out again for an extended period, they have a guy who'd be 3-9 in starts vs any number of FAs with better stats.

So that'd be the silver lining to the embarrassment of having CJ Beathard beat us, but then again Mullens beat us, and hell even Colt McCoy beat us.

But again I don't see much choice other than playing them with mostly the people we have because dang, we just don't have that many people.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"Thank you, Niners, for this DJ Reed cornerback dude. After waiting out his injury, he's been *awesome* for us!"

Hear, hear!
DJ Reed has been sort of like our Earl Thomas as cornerback, without the attitude. Sort of. Almost.