51 interesting stats about Ichiro

ivotuk

Reaction score
  1. Ichiro tallied 4,367 hits in his professional career, the most of any player in baseball history. He tallied 3,089 hits in Major League Baseball and 1,278 hits in Nippon Professional Baseball.
  2. Ichiro set the single-season record for most hits (262) in a season in 2004, breaking Hall of Famer George Sisler’s 84-year-old record for most hits (257).
  3. Ichiro tallied 242 hits as a rookie in 2001, breaking Hall of Famer Lloyd Waner’s rookie record for hits (223) set back in 1927.
  4. In Ichiro’s first career game (April 2, 2001) and his final career game (March 21, 2019), the Mariners defeated the Athletics by a 5–4 score.
  5. Ichiro tallied 3,089 hits in the Majors, despite not making his debut until age 27 after a 9-year career in Japan.
  6. Ichiro hit an inside-the-park home run in the 2007 MLB All-Star Game -- the only inside-the-parker in Midsummer Classic history, which earned him the 2007 MLB All-Star Game MVP.

QWERTY

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I think some people in this forum hates Ichiro.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I think some people in this forum hates Ichiro.

The video(s) say it all...

12 Years Later, Viral ‘Ichiro Girl’ And The Mariners Great Reunite In Fantastic, Feelgood Moment
Prior to that moment, Skinner reminisced about the day that made her famous in Seattle.

“I couldn’t see where the ball was going and I was scared it was going to hit me so that’s why I was kind of leaning away. Because of that I had no idea that Ichiro was coming towards me since I was looking the other way,” she told Lookout Landing.

“We just hit each other pretty hard. I look over and I see Ichiro and and I also remember the sun was behind his head. I thought he was an angel, I thought I died. So I just saw this like, this silhouette and then he asked me if I was OK and I said yes. Then, you know, he ran off and that’s when I had a meltdown.”

What Iris Skinner didn’t know as she walked out on to the field at T-Mobile Park Friday night was who was going to be catching her ceremonial first pitch: the man himself, Ichiro Suzuki.