#63 Frank Clark Michigan Defensive End (Football Discussion)

Exittium

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":175y33s9 said:
FlyHawksFly":175y33s9 said:
His on the field presence is great. Plays big, mean, and fast. I have seen him likened to a cross between Chris Clemons and Michael Bennett.
Hence the reason I want to squee. Regardless he's a first round talent that we're lucky to have. And far be it for me not to give someone the benefit of the doubt doubt or a second chance given that's practically the story of my life.

Whats in bold is imo the reason why the media is bringing everything that's already been settled and in the past back up. If it was the Patriots or some other golden child legacy team we'd hear not a peep.. :th2thumbs:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Blitzer88":kwljirr6 said:
dontbelikethat":kwljirr6 said:
Blitzer88":kwljirr6 said:
Man twitter is a blaze today with Frank Clark news and talk. People are extremely upset about us picking him.

Seems the PI's article is getting picked up everywhere and the police report is getting everyone in a frenzy.

I think frenzy is an understatement. On twitter people are calling for JS and PC to be canned and Clark to be released.
Who is calling for their jobs?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":39nrgxl3 said:
dontbelikethat":39nrgxl3 said:
Blitzer88":39nrgxl3 said:
Man twitter is a blaze today with Frank Clark news and talk. People are extremely upset about us picking him.

Seems the PI's article is getting picked up everywhere and the police report is getting everyone in a frenzy.

I think frenzy is an understatement. On twitter people are calling for JS and PC to be canned and Clark to be released.
Keep this thread to on the field performance and related please. Thank you.

Rocket

Reaction score
I believe we'll be a more successful team with him than without him... he's comparatively semi-stationary beast.

kf3339

Reaction score
I was thrilled with the pick and see absolutely no reason to question the reasoning by JS and PC. As far as I"m concerned the off the field issues are in the past, and he is going to turn the page. Just wait when he is one of the top defensive rookies next year and all of the media "EXPERTS" look like complete fools.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":6zx5nv51 said:
Blitzer88":6zx5nv51 said:
dontbelikethat":6zx5nv51 said:
Blitzer88":6zx5nv51 said:

Keep this thread to on the field performance and related please. Thank you.

Hold up......I made that comment before Kid turned this into the football discussion thread.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I apologize if it seems I singled you out that wasn't my intention, but Ivotuk was completely serious about his parameters up thread and I wanted to make sure that this thread remains totally separate from Rocket's thread.

And that everything is crystal clear as far as expectations because I dislike banning people especially if there might be a reason for legitimate misunderstanding of the baseline.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Am I the only person who is seeing Frank Clark as more of a 5 Tech. More prototypical end size at 6'2" 270. Stout against the run with pass rushing upside.

I know JS/PC have said he'd play more as a LEO but seems like he seems more natural at the 5. Of course, knowing our FO, he'll just play everywhere.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I love this guy's athleticism. And the most exciting thing I see about his stats is his propensity for making Tackles behind the line of scrimmage. In the NFL disrupting the opponents run game is all about penetration into the backfield. This guy could really contribute from what I've seen.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I am excited for the prospect of a guy some are saying is a cross between bennett and avril. I am also excited about a guy that has played multiple positions on D for the increased knowledge. I'm hoping he has a higher ceiling based on less time played at end and more potential with increased future time at the end position.

My question is how does one "bulk up" from the low 200s to 270s when one is already in good shape? I could use some tips :lol:

lsheldon

Reaction score
Great article on Clark and the due diligence that the Seahawks and other teams did in scouting him.

The Seattle Seahawks, who invested extra time and resources into researching Clark as a person, were convinced enough by his character to draft the ex-Michigan defensive end near the end of the second round last week. And they weren't the only team sold.

"I would've taken him in the third round," a general manager from another NFL team told USA TODAY Sports, speaking on condition of anonymity for competitive reasons. "I saw the remorse in his eyes. I saw his body language. He understands that he can never do it again."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sea ... ar-BBjomj3

Fade

Reaction score
My only worry for him is if he is a Leo, I don't know if he has the get off.

Cliff Avril is ideal when it comes to get off. Frank Clark isn't in that category. (on tape)

I love Frank Clark's ability to shed blocks, and make plays. Ala Michael Bennett.

My hopes and dreams is he has enough get off to be a rich man's Chris Clemons :shock: (ceiling) , if not I can see him being a poor man's Michael Bennett which isn't bad either (floor).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I like everything I have seen from the video I have watched of him. His extra long arms seem to make up for the extra few inches of height I wish he had at the position. My fear is that in the past several years we have been actively seeking "the next Chris Clemons or Patrick Kerney". We brought in Bruce Irvin, Cassius Marsh, Scruggs etc. even I was high on Benson Mayowa. So far none of them have truly materialized into that beastly edge rusher I think we would all love to see. So I am hopeful of this kids upside, and I hope people will think for themselves and not let the national media do it for them when it comes to giving this kid a break!