7-9

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think we need to suck so we can draft some nice oline and QB project. It will also take away the price for being the most expensive average NFL tickets and parking around the stadium. NFL is built a certain way so that teams dont dominate for long, I dont mind a 1 year reset and retool and change some players, coaches and fix stuff the right way.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2g60yk78 said:
We have lost every game that wasa bit diffixult and won every game that looked easy on paper. Following this trend we'll most likely end up 8-8 and miss the play-offs.

The thing that has to change isn't the players though, some OL help and one or two new starters on D is all we need talent wise. The problem is mentally. We lost the bring it mentality after the lost SB. We are still a good team, as you can see all our losses were close ones against strong teams. We just aren't clutch anymore.

Next year we won't be favorites, we will be outsiders who might make the play-offs. That is absolutely perfect, this just might get RW3s mind right and bring the boom back to our defense. We want to be the underdogs, not the big favorites.

Or they'll lose confidence and turn into the 49ers.

Willyeye

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2e6nzyrk said:
SeatownJay":2e6nzyrk said:
That's where I see the team ending up now. Sadly, I don't think that will be enough to force Carroll to make the necessary changes it will take to get back to the top.
I personally believe Carroll will not make big changes to this team in his belief the team has not "gelled" offensively and it takes "time."

I don't think Carroll views Bevell is the reason the Seahawks have been losing. Remember Carroll is a defensive coach, he'll probably make changes to the defense more so than the offense. I think Carroll lives and dies with the belief "his" defense wins and loses games not so much the offense.

With that being said, this season is one of a head scratcher. Every game the Seahawks lose I think to myself how far the Seahawks have regressed since that team that beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, how much different are they?

Have the players that gone on to other teams, were they really the key players, and the players the team have paid, are they really playing as they once could? If so, how come the team isn't cohesive anymore?

It sucks to lose last years Super Bowl the way we did and to lose this years games in the manner we have.

What gives???!!

Very frustrating.

I think Bevell gets too much credit for the fact that the Hawks offense held a lead in the 4th quarter of all 5 losses. What happened to his play-calling in the first 3 quarters? It could simply be that those comebacks are more on Wilson...the guy who has consistently come through and been clutch late in games. The problem this year is that Carroll can't just let Bevell get complacent hoping that the D will hold down every team in the 4th quarter. The D is just not as efficient as it has been in the last few years. And I would blame most of that on the secondary. Way too many mistakes by Sherman, Williams, and yes, even Earl.

I don't attribute any of it to players that have left the team. I would think it's more likely that a number of players are lacking some fire and passion...they just aren't playing with the chip on the shoulder anymore. They won a SB, they lost a heartbreaker SB, and a lot of guys got paid. That's a lot to deal with psychologically in just 2 years.

Just wanted to add, given Bevell's predictable play calling, I can't believe that they went for 2 consecutive 2-point attempts last night.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seafan":3sgtwnur said:
RW isn't up to the task. 7-9 sounds about right.
Sounds reasonable. Maybe 8-8 though. We should win against Baltimore, Cleveland and San Francisco and it's a tossup with St. Louis.

Not seeing us win against Arizona, Pittsburgh or Minnesota.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1vpus9xc said:
SeatownJay":1vpus9xc said:
That's where I see the team ending up now. Sadly, I don't think that will be enough to force Carroll to make the necessary changes it will take to get back to the top.
I personally believe Carroll will not make big changes to this team in his belief the team has not "gelled" offensively and it takes "time."

I don't think Carroll views Bevell is the reason the Seahawks have been losing. Remember Carroll is a defensive coach, he'll probably make changes to the defense more so than the offense. I think Carroll lives and dies with the belief "his" defense wins and loses games not so much the offense.

With that being said, this season is one of a head scratcher. Every game the Seahawks lose I think to myself how far the Seahawks have regressed since that team that beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl, how much different are they?

Have the players that gone on to other teams, were they really the key players, and the players the team have paid, are they really playing as they once could? If so, how come the team isn't cohesive anymore?

It sucks to lose last years Super Bowl the way we did and to lose this years games in the manner we have.

What gives???!!

Very frustrating.

Bevell is not the reason or the problem. We can;t execute *anything* on offense. Checkdowns, bubble screens, read option, slant routes, inside runs, outside runs. You name it, and to my eyes, it looks like the very first time we are trying some of these plays. The timing is off, Wilson is slinging the ball all over the place and we are constantly shooting ourselves in the foot with offensive penalties.

Sorry, but that's on "DangerRuss", not Bevell.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is an 8-8 team with a one game swing either way. You can't look at this team and that performance last night and really see any better.

They are just inept on offense and no longer great on defense.

Really pathetic how this team has fallen so quickly.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Can we give some credit to the Cardinals? They played a good game. They made plays.

Contantly saying that we're inept downplays how the other team played, too much for my taste.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Remember when Heath Evans picked the Hawks to go 8-8 this year....sad to see it could happen.

rcaido

Reaction score
11-5 or 10-6

If im not mistaken, we have had a lead in the 4th quarter in every single game since Wilson has played for the Seahawks. I know this year we have....We have the talent & easily could be 8-1 right now. Every loss we had this season, we had the chance to win. Not getting the breaks/luck that we were having past few years. We are due for some to bounce our way.

I still believe until its mathematically impossible that we make the playoffs.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We're going to beat the Vikings because I'm going to be there! Go Hawks!

rideaducati

Reaction score
11-5. I guess none of you guys saw that amazing comeback last night. They lost in the end, but most teams would have folded much sooner. This team can still beat ANY team on ANY given Sunday and they're just off by a little bit.

kf3339

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":4n0uamvb said:
Can we give some credit to the Cardinals? They played a good game. They made plays.

Contantly saying that we're inept downplays how the other team played, too much for my taste.

NO, because we were in fact "INEPT". They did nothing to us, but we did a crap load of things to ourselves.

Latest posts