710 ESPN Changes

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Wow. Big announcement today that they are ending The John Clayton Show and also laying off Jim Moore and Tom Wassell because of the Covid Recession.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":3k9jyiun said:
Wow. Big announcement today that they are ending The John Clayton Show and also laying off Jim Moore and Tom Wassell because of the Covid Recession.

Jim and Tom I can see. The Professor is a bit of a head scratcher.

Teahawks

Reaction score
And yet Gallant still on.

Tom I get but not JC and Moore. Hopefully they still do guest spots.

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":1kt8y4t2 said:

Do not see that anywhere? Link?

Moore I wont miss too much of a cougar bias.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tom is great news, he brings nothing. The same for Moore. Shocked to hear about Clayton though.
And Gallant gets to stay :?

OP
OP
V

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Gallant is awful. The show without Tom will do OK. Jim Moore drove me nuts with all the Cougar rah rah. The John Clayton Show was stale. I still remember Clayton defending Tom Cable as a great coach right until the end. I now listen to KJR more often.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thank God no more Wassell, he has to be the most annoying radio host in all of Seattle, and that's saying something.

And I get Clayton, dude's obviously still very knowledgeable but he's about as milktoast and vanilla as it gets as a radio personality.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Not local, so I listen to them online. I don't tune in as much after Huard left, but I still listen to the Pete Carroll Show. I usually fast forward to it :lol:

I really liked Clayton. Charismatic and seems to be well informed.

notyou

Reaction score
Clayton needed to go. He was stammering through his words about as much or more than he was talking normal.
Tom & Jim being let go, didn't matter to me. Both were meh.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Too much Coug with Tom? Isn't 710 a Coug station?
I also listen via an app as I'm listening in the potato state. I didn't care for Clayton but I had no problem with Jim or Tom.
Frankly I don't mind any of them as local sports radio just really sucks.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
MrThortan":y4l6cm4d said:
Not local, so I listen to them online. I don't tune in as much after Huard left, but I still listen to the Pete Carroll Show. I usually fast forward to it :lol:

Clayton charismatic?? I've heard him described many different ways but that's a first

zchurch74

Reaction score
THANK GOD Clayton is gone. I could not stand to listen to him. I have posted here before about how he can’t say a sentence without clearing his throat. It was so gross. I emailed the station multiple times about it.

How the morning guys are still there is questionable to say the least.

Smellyman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1az29c6u said:
Tom is great news, he brings nothing. The same for Moore. Shocked to hear about Clayton though.
And Gallant gets to stay :?

Tom should've stayed a producer with just comments now and again in the background. He doesn't even have a voice for radio and has awful takes.

Moore is just past his prime.

Clayton is probably just super expensive, I imagine he will stay on as a guest and such. I never listen to his own radio show.

Vesuve

Reaction score
MrThortan":1beserwb said:

I miss Brock.

Latest posts