A bit of good & a whole lot of bad...

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Another bright spot this game and this season is Luke Wilson.

He's a solid and steady workhorse. Underrated. Just goes out there and gets it done. Rarely spectacular - just results.

Decent blocker and hands and great attitude.

rcaido

Reaction score
This seem to happen often early on the season. When the offense and defense can be consistent for 4 quarter we will start to go on a roll. Hopefully the Colts will be a much needed confidence booster. The Rams game will be big.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
rcaido":1fmcnocm said:
This seem to happen often early on the season. When the offense and defense can be consistent for 4 quarter we will start to go on a roll. Hopefully the Colts will be a much needed confidence booster. The Rams game will be big.

The Colts could very well beat us. And if they do the gnashing of teeth in here will be something to behold.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2ju00rp6 said:
rcaido":2ju00rp6 said:

The Colts could very well beat us. And if they do the gnashing of teeth in here will be something to behold.

Maybe some coaching changes?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawkfish":5tbnrb1i said:
semiahmoo":5tbnrb1i said:
rcaido":5tbnrb1i said:

Should have happened at least two seasons ago.

As someone else in here said - Pete has lost this team and there might be no getting it back.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
semiahmoo":tvqzps8k said:
Hawkfish":tvqzps8k said:
semiahmoo":tvqzps8k said:
rcaido":tvqzps8k said:

As someone else in here said - Pete has lost this team and there might be no getting it back.

When you preach "always compete" and then let what goes on with the coaches happen, losing the team is exactly what happens.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2xpaoz21 said:
So many mis blocking reads on the o-line again in pass protection. Can some other NFL team please, please offer Tom Cable a head coaching job? That probably is the only way we will get rid of him any time soon.

Can we go a freaking game without a stupid offsides penalty?
Although, I don't blame the defense for wilting in that heat giving up 33 points will not win many games in the NFL.
Is it me or does RW although he looks in better shape still looks alot slower compared to 2012-14?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Other teams laugh at our offense sive coaching. You know they were losing thier shit when they were getting at Russ with 3 and decided our 5 and their coach we're so unbelievably bad the they could do it with 2.

I have said it time and again to the slow start, RELAX homers on here. We are regressing each year while other teams are getting better. After watching other teams play now for 3 weeks, we are for sure bottom half of the league. Not 49er bottom half, I'm talking 16 or 17 area. Unless the FO can make the tough coices that need to be made, like Bev and cable gone, then this is where we will live. It sux that what I have been screaming about being a possibility is coming to fruition but we have been medicre with potential before, so nothing new.

Maybe tickets to a game will become affordable again.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
JustTheTip":dk50ltpc said:
semiahmoo":dk50ltpc said:
Hawkfish":dk50ltpc said:
semiahmoo":dk50ltpc said:

When you preach "always compete" and then let what goes on with the coaches happen, losing the team is exactly what happens.

This response for the win.

My opinion, is that the defense "quit" in the second half as a big "F... U" to having to try and carry the team every game. I'll need to sit and rewatch the game, however, there were clearly multiple times on the long plays where ET, Wags, etc just went into "jog" mode rather than swarm mode, and it was uncharacteristic to me to the point where it stood out as blatant quitting.

lobohawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":363y0l4x said:
D wilted (again) in the 2nd half. We used to do that to other teams not so long ago when the league feared us. They don't fear us anymore. Older legs and bigger egos does not a full-time dominant defense make.

RW had a few brain farts but he also had moments of sheer brilliance. He never ever gives up. I don't feel the same for the rest of the team.

Carson continues to show himself to be a very capable back with good hands as well. And he's doing this with a shaky O-line that often doesn't give him much room to run.

Jimmy G had a nice comeback game. Seems he does best when we are up tempo and RW is overthinking out there. Dropped a gimme pass early on. Weird. He never did that before.

O-Line had moments where they held and too many times where the pocket collapsed in about second. This learn on the job routine is way old. No need to repeat what so many in here have already said regarding that situation.

That penalty at the end? Kind of sums up Seattle football for the last few seasons doesn't it?

We are being outplayed & outcoached too many times to call ourselves an elite team. We are a barely better than .500 at this point. Some in here not so long ago thought this game was a gimme. There are no gimmes with this Seahawk team. None. We aren't good enough to think in those terms. Any team can beat us at any time.

Sad.

We are a long ways off from our heyday. The team is looking older, bitchier, and more unfocused than I can recall it being in quite some time.

Do you mean the 2011 Lynch led Seahawks that was 21st in the league in yards/game or in 2015 when Lynch spent the season hurt and the Hawks were 3rd. There's no doubt Lynch provided a lot to the team (attitude, hard running, etc), but it's an overstatement, like most commentary on sports, to say he was the single reason for their successful running game.