A glaring stat from yesterday's loss (1 for 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
3 solid drives were stopped because of penalties. My gosh, the run by ML was amazing only to be called back. Don't worry, we will put it all back together in NY. Refuse to lose.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
HansGruber":38hj6sua said:
They held him back from running because SF was trying to hurt people and playing dirty. Pretty simple.

:roll: Gettin' really tired of this. If you relate Boones comments directly to dirty play then you are just simply uneducated on the art of smacktalk. I know a few Niner fans said some pretty stupid hish about wanting to injure people, but I honestly doubt players are hunting ACLs and the such. We're not a Greg-lead squad if ya get what I'm saying. However, if you honestly witnessed evidence of dirty play in yesterdays game I would love to see, so please share.

HansGruber

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1uxwrl6b said:
HansGruber":1uxwrl6b said:
They held him back from running because SF was trying to hurt people and playing dirty. Pretty simple.

:roll: Gettin' really tired of this. If you relate Boones comments directly to dirty play then you are just simply uneducated on the art of smacktalk. I know a few Niner fans said some pretty stupid hish about wanting to injure people, but I honestly doubt players are hunting ACLs and the such. We're not a Greg-lead squad if ya get what I'm saying. However, if you honestly witnessed evidence of dirty play in yesterdays game I would love to see, so please share.

I was talking about what I saw in the game, not any comments from Boone. I saw lots of niners tackling at the legs and taking late shots but who cares. Plenty of that coming back to em if they can actually make it back here in the playoffs.

And frankly I ain't gonna share jack with you. I'm sick of you lame 49er fans that only show up after a win and never stick around. If you're gonna come here to talk to Hawk fans, be a man and stick around after we whip your ass in the playoffs. But that won't happen cuz y'all are like Houdini - now ya see em, now ya don't. I don't even have to watch Niner games. I know if they've won or lost by the level of bandwagon trolls showing up at websites and forums to talk (or hiding and not showing up after a loss)

SF has the worst fair weather fans in the entire NFL. It's a joke.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ja994si said:
4BlatantAgent9":2ja994si said:
HansGruber":2ja994si said:

I was talking about what I saw in the game, not any comments from Boone. I saw lots of niners tackling at the legs and taking late shots but who cares. Plenty of that coming back to em if they can actually make it back here in the playoffs.

And frankly I ain't gonna share jack with you. I'm sick of you lame 49er fans that only show up after a win and never stick around. If you're gonna come here to talk to Hawk fans, be a man and stick around after we whip your ass in the playoffs. But that won't happen cuz y'all are like Houdini - now ya see em, now ya don't. I don't even have to watch Niner games. I know if they've won or lost by the level of bandwagon trolls showing up at websites and forums to talk (or hiding and not showing up after a loss)

:34853_doh: Notice my join date pal....it was when we were at 1-2 fresh off of ass-whoopings to Sea and Indy. So don't cast stones at me...it's unjust. I'm not trolling anybody, I'm talking football. And It's funny you mention leg tackles and late hits. You know who Ian Williams is? Yea he was our starting NT until being put on IR with a broken ankle....in week 2...direct result of a low block. That was week 2, fast forward to week 14, Donte Whitner is standing still at the end of a play, a good full 2 seconds after the whistle blew he get's lit up by Ricardo Lockette, no flag. So, you see it goes both ways. Don't be a tool just cuz we're on a Seahawks sight, I'm being plenty respectful unlike others. Until now....your avatar is so f***ing stupid! WTH is that, Koreas message to kids to eat healthy?? By blowing bananas outta your f***ing nose?? beyond retarded

HawkWow

Reaction score
Perhaps bigger than the 1 for 2...was the 2 to 1. That's the ratio SF outrushed us by. Run first teams are not supposed to win when that happens.

HawkWow

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":27szmpb2 said:
HansGruber":27szmpb2 said:
4BlatantAgent9":27szmpb2 said:
HansGruber":27szmpb2 said:

:34853_doh: Notice my join date pal....it was when we were at 1-2 fresh off of ass-whoopings to Sea and Indy. So don't cast stones at me...it's unjust. I'm not trolling anybody, I'm talking football. And It's funny you mention leg tackles and late hits. You know who Ian Williams is? Yea he was our starting NT until being put on IR with a broken ankle....in week 2...direct result of a low block. That was week 2, fast forward to week 14, Donte Whitner is standing still at the end of a play, a good full 2 seconds after the whistle blew he get's lit up by Ricardo Lockette, no flag. So, you see it goes both ways. Don't be a tool just cuz we're on a Seahawks sight, I'm being plenty respectful unlike others. Until now....your avatar is so f***ing stupid! WTH is that, Koreas message to kids to eat healthy?? By blowing bananas outta your f***ing nose?? beyond retarded

Perhaps Wittner made unsolicited advances towards Lockette during his time in SF? We have no control over such things and prefer to stay away from domestic disputes such as the one you describe.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":26tu3qg9 said:
The bottom line is Wilson is a weapon that was underutilized yesterday. He should have run more, by design or by happenstance.

In retrospect, I think that you have a good point. Pete and John did not want to "show all of their cards" in that game figuring that we might play them once more this year.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":2uaoi64c said:
HansGruber":2uaoi64c said:
4BlatantAgent9":2uaoi64c said:
HansGruber":2uaoi64c said:

Without getting caught up in the fray, the GIF in his avatar is actually Japanese. The caption says "I am Dole." It appears to be a humorous commercial ("uniquely" Japanese humor). Some Japanese humor requires getting accustomed to and some I will never get used to as a westerner. The actor in the GIF is actually a pretty famous celeb here in Japan.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
To the 49 troll.... It doesn't matter when you joined it's what you contributed.

Prior to the game you were hardly around.

Now that you won you are here to puff your chest out and comment on any perceived slight to your team.

You didn't earn the right to crow as you didn't lay it on the line prior.

Sorry but I see you.

gulliver

Reaction score
I understand not cutting Russell lose with the RO, though I don't like it as the vanilla strategy resulted in a loss to a rival.

The value, as someone else said, is not even the long runs--although extending drives with those 3rd down scrambles is a crucial component to our game and demoralizes/fatigues defenses.

The real value is in confusing Ds and breaking down coverages. This year Russell has thrived on making big passes right behind the LOS when he rolled out/scrambled and DBs made a beeline to him. If you can do all 3 things well--run, throw and scramble--it's very tough to stop on offense.

However, we voluntarily took that third option away (still hoping to win) because we didn't need the game, and because SF's players would sell out to crush him and hope to knock him out for the game or longer.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
gulliver":2au5wuol said:
I understand not cutting Russell lose with the RO, though I don't like it as the vanilla strategy resulted in a loss to a rival.

The value, as someone else said, is not even the long runs--although extending drives with those 3rd down scrambles is a crucial component to our game and demoralizes/fatigues defenses.

The real value is in confusing Ds and breaking down coverages. This year Russell has thrived on making big passes right behind the LOS when he rolled out/scrambled and DBs made a beeline to him. If you can do all 3 things well--run, throw and scramble--it's very tough to stop on offense.

However, we voluntarily took that third option away (still hoping to win) because we didn't need the game, and because SF's players would sell out to crush him and hope to knock him out for the game or longer.

This common conception is we didn't need the game. Hogwash. First there are no guarantees in the NFL. Any team can beat any team on any given day. Secondly, don't you think the Hawks would want SF's playoff chances severely hurt with a loss to us? I know I would rather see most other teams in the postseason instead of SF. Lastly, the idea many have mentioned in that we "didn't want to show all of our plays" or something to that effect to them is ridiculous. We have been letting Russell run for 2 full seasons now. They have seen all of our plays. Maybe we wanted to protect him from getting hit but in the end it very well could have cost us the victory (not taking away from SF performance) and in my book was not the right decision. I would have felt a lot better having SF's playoff chances diminished with a loss and clinch home field ASAP so we could rest players when we want to rather than making them play.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1c1kcxyx said:
To the 49 troll.... It doesn't matter when you joined it's what you contributed.

Now that you won you are here to puff your chest out and comment on any perceived slight to your team.

Sorry but I see you.

I'm hardly puffing my chest out. And I'm sorry, but I refuse to come in here and give out tugjobs like other opposing fans. I came on here before the game and wished the Seahawks and their fans good luck. The only comments I've made post game are directed toward those of you who are bitching and crying.( mostly the same folk who call us whiners daily) Does that make me a "troll"? If so, cool, I'll grow out some wild hair and embrace it. Now go get a squirt bottle and wash the sand from your vag.... 8)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
seabowl":12qadt4s said:
gulliver":12qadt4s said:

This common conception is we didn't need the game. Hogwash. First there are no guarantees in the NFL. Any team can beat any team on any given day. Secondly, don't you think the Hawks would want SF's playoff chances severely hurt with a loss to us? I know I would rather see most other teams in the postseason instead of SF. Lastly, the idea many have mentioned in that we "didn't want to show all of our plays" or something to that effect to them is ridiculous. We have been letting Russell run for 2 full seasons now. They have seen all of our plays. Maybe we wanted to protect him from getting hit but in the end it very well could have cost us the victory (not taking away from SF performance) and in my book was not the right decision. I would have felt a lot better having SF's playoff chances diminished with a loss and clinch home field ASAP so we could rest players when we want to rather than making them play.

We really didn't need that game though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It does make you a troll as you weren't here before the game. We have other 49er fans that actually came here to talk football prior to the game. You? A few sentence post the day of has no value. Would you be posting had you lost?

I am stating facts, knock off the personal attacks.

No. I see you for what you are.

I see you.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":10esay2i said:
Tech Worlds":10esay2i said:

Sorry but I see you.

I'm hardly puffing my chest out. And I'm sorry, but I refuse to come in here and give out tugjobs like other opposing fans. I came on here before the game and wished the Seahawks and their fans good luck. The only comments I've made post game are directed toward those of you who are bitching and crying.( mostly the same folk who call us whiners daily) Does that make me a "troll"? If so, cool, I'll grow out some wild hair and embrace it. Now go get a squirt bottle and wash the sand from your vag.... 8)

So you came on here to look for people who are pissed about the loss... then call them out on it? What a hot shot. Internet know it all. congrats. just admit it. Dont take the high road. admit you're trolling the board looking to wind people up.
The refs did suck. People cant vent about it? I mean when you watched that game you really feel confident about your team now? a 2 point win at home in which the better team pissed away their opportunities?

The 9ers are a good team. Did what they could to win the game. Came out with intent. 9ers fans should be happy. But that was less them winning and more the Seahawks losing.

You read most of the thoughts on this board they focus on pretty much the same thing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HansGruber":neilubek said:

ridiculous

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Spies are generally active on passing downs. I would say the Seahawks played this game very conservatively. RW had all kinds of room to run on well covered pass plays and in the running game.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm not taking the bait.

With TJack hurtin' (the off-chance Russell does get hurt you're basically admitting defeat by having BJ Daniels in there) and with the chance that you might face this team again in way bigger circumstances in the playoffs, I think you've got to hold Russell back from running. We were just starting to see the Read-Option after it being absent a while at the beginning of the season, I doubt they would just ditch it after having success with it. The 'Hawks had the luxury of this not being a "Must-Win" type of game. To be able to have that luxury in Week 14 of the season against the 2-Time Defending Conference Champions, on the road, and they're also your biggest rival... that means things have gone pretty well to this point. And this wasn't a soul-crushing, backbreaking, 42-13 type defeat that could shift the momentum in the rivalry or start a tailspin to a season. This team is built tougher than that.

I'm thinking you just keep the gameplan simple in a game like this and try and beat them the old fashioned way. Both teams wanted it that way, as our Canadian friend mentioned above. Whether that's the right move or not, we'll see if we face the Niners again in the Playoffs. We'll see how different the game plan is but believe me, if they do face off, you'll see a lot more of what we saw last year in the 42-13 game and less of what we saw on Sunday.

And no one was playing dirty on Sunday. That was just some good, tough football. If anything, the refs almost ruined it by calling some pretty awful defensive holding and personal foul calls. Let em play! Hats off to the Niners for taking us down, well played, even if your fans are obnoxious and all around awful.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3l1y7m76 said:
4BlatantAgent9":3l1y7m76 said:
Tech Worlds":3l1y7m76 said:

Sorry but I see you.

So you came on here to look for people who are pissed about the loss... then call them out on it? What a hot shot. Internet know it all. congrats. just admit it. Dont take the high road. admit you're trolling the board looking to wind people up.
The refs did suck. People cant vent about it? I mean when you watched that game you really feel confident about your team now? a 2 point win at home in which the better team pissed away their opportunities?

The 9ers are a good team. Did what they could to win the game. Came out with intent. 9ers fans should be happy. But that was less them winning and more the Seahawks losing.

You read most of the thoughts on this board they focus on pretty much the same thing.

This board definitely does not need me to wind people up. People here are already plenty wound up, with or without me. I don't see anything wrong with venting about a loss, but just like home on the zone, it's being blown outta proportion. My posts are mainly calling out people for acting a certain way. A way that is classless and whining.....unless your a Hawks fan, then it's venting. I'm not here in search of respect, cause as a Niners fan, I know I won't get it unless I crown Seattle as world champs. I'm sorry but the fans in Seattle have labeled this as THEIR year. You should expect this kind of rebuttal.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
So just thinking... what teams out there would be pretty well-equipped to defend the read option? Teams that run it a lot in practice, right? Doesn't it stand to reason that SF, of all teams, would be uniquely qualified to defend against Wilson running the RO?

Status
Not open for further replies.