A list of QB's better than Russell Wilson

cesame

Reaction score
I wonder if people still believe RG3 and Luck are better

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He's great, but I'm not quite ready to say this.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":t75dygkb said:
As of today, that already very short list just got incredibly shorter.

Is that another short joke? :sarcasm_off:

Yes, he makes the vertically challenged list.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers

Those are the only ones I would say are definitively better. Of those, Rodgers is only QB in NFL I'd take over Russell, and I'm not entirely ready to guarantee that I'd do it. 24 years old, future is bright 12th Man!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Foghawk":3j9ripsq said:
Grahamhawker":3j9ripsq said:
As of today, that already very short list just got incredibly shorter.

Is that another short joke? :sarcasm_off:

Yes, he makes the vertically challenged list.

No, but that's funny.

Geez I need to remember to proofread...

jkitsune

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":thxfdlzf said:
cesame":thxfdlzf said:

I believed RGIII was better until he reinjured himself last week. :cry: Hope he's able to regain form if not by next year, 2014.

I hope that for you too bud. RG3's a hell of a player and a ton of fun to watch. It'd be a tragedy for the NFL if he doesn't come back full speed.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":4xb63kc7 said:
cesame":4xb63kc7 said:

I believed RGIII was better until he reinjured himself last week. :cry: Hope he's able to regain form if not by next year, 2014.

In what world is a "one read and run" quarterback better? What you saw today was a QB that used his legs to buy time while progressing through three and four reads like a ten year pro bowler. When did RG3 EVER do that?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jkitsune":xnnwz3lr said:
RiggoReincarnated":xnnwz3lr said:
cesame":xnnwz3lr said:

I hope that for you too bud. RG3's a hell of a player and a ton of fun to watch. It'd be a tragedy for the NFL if he doesn't come back full speed.
This.

CPHawk

Reaction score
IMO because of injuries RGIII will be a "he could have been so good, but...". And Luck will never win the big one, he will be a big number's guy for his career but he's just not the guy to win the big one.

themunn

Reaction score
brendonkuhn":2mtqd7he said:
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers

Those are the only ones I would say are definitively better. Of those, Rodgers is only QB in NFL I'd take over Russell, and I'm not entirely ready to guarantee that I'd do it. 24 years old, future is bright 12th Man!

If NFL football was to end after this season and you were to list QBs by greatness, then of course all 4 would rank above Wilson, there are 2 absolute locks for the Hall of Fame, 1 who will probably be there when all is said and done and another who will definitely be in contention.

But in all honesty are any of them playing better than Wilson right now? Rodgers and Manning had better overall seasons, but since about week 8 Wilson has been without doubt the best QB in the league IMO.
In fact, in the last 8 games of the season he only failed to break the 100 mark in QB rating once... in a 58 point shutout of the Cardinals where he was rested after a half.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
None. I am not comparing Manning etc with a decade or more of experience. I define the ability to rally a team from behind and win. We did that what.... 4 times, almost 6? Who is better at that ?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3ota6x32 said:
None. I am not comparing Manning etc with a decade or more of experience. I define the ability to rally a team from behind and win. We did that what.... 4 times, almost 6? Who is better at that ?

No one. My point is, no one has a complete package like Wilson does.

He can run it, he can throw it, he can throw inside the pocket, outside the pocket, on the run, to his left, to his right, he can scramble for yards, he can keep the ball on the read option, he studies the hardest out of any player on our team, and he is the clutchest player in the league.

Twisted

Reaction score
hawksfan515":pfkr7t6k said:
None.

Go Hawks.

meh, I am going to put Kapp in his wheelhouse, RG if he's healthy but these new QBs run circles round those old goats, Brady played in slow mo all day, it was almost comical... lol

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
QB's under 30 years old.. Wilson has to be near the top of that list.

What a stud. Sorry I was skeptical of you for so long Russ